blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:12:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Rookie's Fantasy
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rookie's Fantasy  (Read 224743 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: November 29, 2008, 09:10:40 AM »

Par for the course with greyhounds Rooks, as you know, but it will make their debuts, & performances - win or lose, it matters not - all the sweeter.

I was offered a 20% share in a 6 month old pup yesterday, for £1,000.  Out of Westmead Hawk x Droopys Stacey, it should, in theory, be top-class, but there's theory, & there's the real world. So many swans turn out to be geese, & I politely declined. It's going to be trained by Dean Childs, I understand.

I'd far rather buy 3 or 4 pups with less "fashionable" breeding, & just have some fun with them, than lump so much onto a single dog.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 29, 2008, 04:35:51 PM »

Par for the course with greyhounds Rooks, as you know, but it will make their debuts, & performances - win or lose, it matters not - all the sweeter.

I was offered a 20% share in a 6 month old pup yesterday, for £1,000.  Out of Westmead Hawk x Droopys Stacey, it should, in theory, be top-class, but there's theory, & there's the real world. So many swans turn out to be geese, & I politely declined. It's going to be trained by Dean Childs, I understand.

I'd far rather buy 3 or 4 pups with less "fashionable" breeding, & just have some fun with them, than lump so much onto a single dog.

Tikay any bitch at all with the Dunphy line ''Droopys'' prefix are always very expensive but there are the cream of irish breeding and consistantly breed champions every year.

Droopys Stacey was a fanstastic bitch herself she had some serious fast runs around Shelbourne and im sure she will breed some fast pups but i do agree its expensive but imo if i was going to spend big money on a pup the Dunphys is where i would start looking!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: December 10, 2008, 03:54:15 PM »

http://www.greyhound-data.com/db.php?i=1538502&time=1228924305

HI HELEN!
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 10, 2008, 03:57:06 PM »

I'm a bit shocked at Ginger being Cassie's great great grandfather!!!!  Shocked Shocked

scared

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: December 10, 2008, 03:58:53 PM »

Leggy Waitress or Head Honcho??

HI HELEN!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: December 10, 2008, 03:59:46 PM »

Wink

It's quite funny coz Ginger's 'partner' was named after Kev too.

HI HELEN!
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 10, 2008, 04:00:52 PM »

Wink

I have been known to follow through ... but ONLY on the snooker table Smiley

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 10, 2008, 04:06:48 PM »

Wink

I have been known to follow through ... but ONLY on the snooker table Smiley

Don't tell me, you set them up, pick the pink up and smash the pack head on, then re-spot the pink dont ya?!  I used to for 8mins with my 10p!

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 10, 2008, 04:09:44 PM »

There speaks one proud owner! Quite right too.

What news/progress is there with the bitch?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: December 10, 2008, 04:12:24 PM »

Fingers crossed she has her first 'official' trial tomorrow. Only a sprint one mind, but it's a start. Just waiting for the trainer to tell me what time I need to go down tomorrow.

HI HELEN!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 10, 2008, 04:28:13 PM »

Good Luck with tomorrow Rooks - you must be very nervous/excited.

For those that have not folowed this thread - those of us that have sort of share the ownership pleasure (without the cost), it began on June 14th, 2007.

In the OP, Rooks descirbes how, almost on impulse, he decided to buy Rodney, & summed up the Post like ths......

But i cant wait for the thrill of seeing it train and knowing its mine, and, hopefully, going round the tracks with it! If not, its not the end of the world, I get to keep him as a pet anyway!

Well, plans of mice & men, & all that, Rodney is not quite ready yet.

But......

On page 2 of this thread, Rooks wrote......

After having taken in some advice from other greyhound owners, they all tell us we should get Rodder's a companion. They will be able to play together and it will also help him a bit later in life when he hopefully goes to the track.

So, had a search, and purchased a bitch by Westmead Hawk and Droopy's Star. Hopefully both shall end up on the track in time. I am getting the bitch on Thursday and have already decided its kennel name to be 'Cassy' (Cassandra from O.F.A.H)

Now, what i need is a good name for Cassy if she goes to race... I want Rookie(s) in the beginning, who can think of some good ones?

So there we are, & it's the Bitch who gets the first "Official" Trial.

With hindsight, the Bitch might have been named better - "Flushy's Bitch".........

Seriously, this is a lovely tale, so please keep the thread updated.

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: December 10, 2008, 04:34:24 PM »

Smiley

HI HELEN!
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: December 10, 2008, 05:01:23 PM »

Good Luck with tomorrow Rooks

i once had a share of a greyhound with a couple of former Norwich City footballers, work committments at the time meant i could not watch her training very often but whenever i did it was an absolute joy and i know how much pleasure you must be getting from them. Race nights were immense fun,win or lose the atmosphere was first class.Enjoy.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 10, 2008, 05:13:20 PM »

I can't believe it's been that long since you started following your dream.  Time sure does fly.  Good luck tomorrow!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
rossfourfive

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 10, 2008, 05:17:40 PM »

Abs cracking thread Rookie. Just read it through from the start. Don't know anything about dogs but will definitely be keeping a close eye on these two. Best of luck for tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: