blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:39:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Rookie's Fantasy
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rookie's Fantasy  (Read 225399 times)
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: December 10, 2008, 06:15:03 PM »

fml. trials tomorrow been cancelled again because not enough trainers have put dogs in. ridiculous.

She has been promised a trial by the racing manager before bags on monday apparently. We will see on monday i guess.

HI HELEN!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 10, 2008, 09:31:31 PM »

Par for the course with greyhounds Rooks, as you know, but it will make their debuts, & performances - win or lose, it matters not - all the sweeter.

I was offered a 20% share in a 6 month old pup yesterday, for £1,000.  Out of Westmead Hawk x Droopys Stacey, it should, in theory, be top-class, but there's theory, & there's the real world. So many swans turn out to be geese, & I politely declined. It's going to be trained by Dean Childs, I understand.

I'd far rather buy 3 or 4 pups with less "fashionable" breeding, & just have some fun with them, than lump so much onto a single dog.

Look at the other pups from that breading pair, i think if i remember right all but 1 or maybe all of them have won Opens!

I have a share in one of the pups already also cost me £1k but i won't be regretting the sweat i will get when we start to see how fast it can really go!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: December 11, 2008, 02:20:39 AM »

Par for the course with greyhounds Rooks, as you know, but it will make their debuts, & performances - win or lose, it matters not - all the sweeter.

I was offered a 20% share in a 6 month old pup yesterday, for £1,000.  Out of Westmead Hawk x Droopys Stacey, it should, in theory, be top-class, but there's theory, & there's the real world. So many swans turn out to be geese, & I politely declined. It's going to be trained by Dean Childs, I understand.

I'd far rather buy 3 or 4 pups with less "fashionable" breeding, & just have some fun with them, than lump so much onto a single dog.

Look at the other pups from that breading pair, i think if i remember right all but 1 or maybe all of them have won Opens!

I have a share in one of the pups already also cost me £1k but i won't be regretting the sweat i will get when we start to see how fast it can really go!

according to the greyhound data website droopys stacey has only 1 offspring listed and that never ran. where u get your info on em flushy?

£1k for a 20% share in a 6 month old dog is a huge amount and a massive gamble no matter how well bred it is imo (there you go one for red ;-))

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 11, 2008, 03:03:48 AM »

according to the greyhound data website droopys stacey has only 1 offspring listed and that never ran. where u get your info on em flushy?

£1k for a 20% share in a 6 month old dog is a huge amount and a massive gamble no matter how well bred it is imo (there you go one for red ;-))

I meant Droopys Jean, oops!

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: December 11, 2008, 03:18:29 AM »

I meant Droopys Jean, oops!

aah i get where u coming from now. yes a fantastic 2nd litter with the likes of westmead diver and westmead osprey who were exceptional pups who should show prominently in next years derby.

is yours from a 3rd mating of the 2 dogs?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 11, 2008, 03:42:53 AM »

Yes, it was way too much. Beautifully bred, yes, but so are dozens, hundreds even, of other pups, every single year. At £1k for 20%, thank you, but no thank you. It might turn out to be a swan. It's more likely to be a goose.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 11, 2008, 01:24:49 PM »

sonic flight was a machine

glgl
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: December 12, 2008, 03:50:30 PM »

sonic flight was a machine

glgl

that he was , one of the fastest i have ever seen run live.

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: December 15, 2008, 11:05:27 PM »

Kev came up to mine yesterday mainly so we could see Cassie trial (although he did have some money to pick up from Celtic), while on his way I got a phone call from the trainer obviously telling me she won't be trialling now til Thursday. Sigh. So when he gets here i tell him the news, and obviously tell him we may aswell go to the Oxford morning card anyway so he didnt have a wasted trip! Wink

Morning comes and we get to Oxford, ready to lose some ££'s. I had £160 in my pocket when I got there and was expecting a trip to the cashpoint pretty soon. Kev have a few quid thanks to Celtic and we began. First race was no good, Second race, ditto. Third, sigh. Fourth, FML. Kev's went the same, we would back the dogs we obviously fancied and sometimes they happened to be different ones. Fifth race, and we both got on the 6 dog at 4/1. Bink, never in doubt, suddenly we are both in profit! Next race we both get on Micks dog (my dogs trainer) and he gets beat a head at a decent price which was annoying.

Then we went our seperate ways, and I ran up a row of 4 dogs on the bounce with 2 more races to go. Kev has had one of them with me. Was quite funny in one race, I told Kev what would happen etc etc and it was like I had watched the video before the way it turned out. In the 11th race we both done no good, then in the 12th we both decided to get on the 6 dog and in it came at 5/1. Beautiful. Going to collect after the lucky last and the bookie telling me he hopes I dont become a regular there! LOLOL. Only thing was, I was betting lower than I had done from the last 5 times i'd been there! I came out £450 up and Kev was up a nifty himself and we wondered what to do...

Obv what else can you do but go straight to Swindon and get there for the 3rd race of the Afternoon meeting?! Pretty standard imo. Didn't start very well as usual, and obv coz I was up now I had upped my stakes a bit. I get off the ball in the 7th I think where I shoved £50 on a 6/1 chance and it won, loverly. That put me just over £600 up and I dallied about that area for the next few races. Couldn't find another winner, then went inside the bookies at track and saw Monmore sprint open race about to go. I looked at the form quick and opposed the 6/4f  (Swift Sapphire), and backed the 3/1 second fav who won by a neck to Sapphire. I had £60 on, which helped. The funniest thing was watching it, about half a dozen blokes standing in a line, and the race goes off, and 3 just gets there, I stand quiet, not one to show much emotion, then the guy next to me about my age screams, "YESS!" and waves his ticket about. Fuck me, I won £240, and he's cheering about himself, the bookies must've lost a few quid here.... He goes to collect his money so I go up behind him so I can see what he gets paid. 40 fucking quid. I almost pissed myself laughing there and then. Was so comedy, he even had the cheek to ask the bookie if he was still in profit for the day, or break even. ROFL.

Last two races and I shove £80 on each, no good. Finish the day £500 up and head back to Rickmansworth with Kev also finishing up £50 overall. We topped it off by getting back in at 7.45 and heading straight for Corals and having another hour or so betting on the evening meetings at Nott,Romford and Yarmouth. Kev won himself £20 and I dropped £60. Brilliant day though, so funny. Just working out now and I must have had a bet at so many different sporting meetings, comedy.... Oxford, Sheffield, Sprint Valley, Plumpton, Wolverhampton, Swindon, Monmore, Portman Park, Nottingham, Romford and Yarmouth!!

HI HELEN!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: December 15, 2008, 11:08:45 PM »

Then we scoffed some domino's and now Kev is on his way home Smiley

HI HELEN!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 16, 2008, 04:48:05 AM »

I stayed in and played poker for 7hrs+ so there!

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 16, 2008, 08:10:36 AM »

I am gonna have to get a T-Shirt made with the slogan ... Colchester Kev, Degenerate gambler, sponsored by Vinny the fish"

Cracking couple of days, will add my thoughts once I have caught up with Pm's and emails etc etc ..

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: December 16, 2008, 08:23:32 AM »

That's great reportage Rookie. You really should write more.

The older I get, the better I was.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 16, 2008, 09:51:06 AM »

I was thinking the same, this thread is a great read, as was the Vegas Diary, entertaining stuff Rooks Smiley

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 16, 2008, 09:52:26 AM »

I was thinking the same, this thread is a great read, as was the Vegas Diary, entertaining stuff Rooks Smiley

+1

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: