blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:58:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Rookie's Fantasy
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rookie's Fantasy  (Read 225430 times)
TheWhisper

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: March 16, 2009, 01:00:37 PM »

Good luck today Rodney, not too far
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 16, 2009, 04:46:38 PM »

Someone text Rookie pls, awaiting my Monday update
Ismene

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 16, 2009, 04:57:13 PM »

I think it will be a late update....
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 16, 2009, 05:00:59 PM »

I think it will be a late update....

Elaborate.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 16, 2009, 05:07:32 PM »

Hes at Swindon dogs, landing coups with Turny.

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #815 on: March 16, 2009, 06:59:36 PM »

Well it was a bad day really.

Rodney expected to do better than his 27.57 time last week ended up going almost 3 lengths slower. He popped out infront of the 5 dog in the trial, but as expected the 1 dog lead. Then the 5 dog paced outside him and tried to cut Rodney off at the bend. This however never happened, he just bounced off Rodney!

Rodney went round 2nd and we expected him to now take it up, he made up ground on the 1 round the far side and went outside round the final bend. But for whatever reason he just never managed to get up and past him. I think he lost by not even half a length in the end.

He looked a bit unfit coming off the last from what me and turny made of it. We went round to see Mick after and he was upset. The time was 27.90ish, which will probably be 10 slow making it 27.80.

Mick said that he didnt think Rodney was keen enough, and that he thought it was abig game. I was a bit upset at this as obv if a dog is dodgy he wont be allowed to race. However, not once did he turn to look anywhere but at the hare. I personally feel this was an excuse. When we asked what he was going to do to get Rodney keen he said he has a pet rabbit that he can watch run around (not harm it!), just to get him on his toes and excited. And that he would give him a couple of gallops with a squeaky toy. This is all good. But I will be ringing him at least 3 times this week to keep on his back. I dont care if we land no coups on Rodney. I just want him at the top of his game and not just given one walk a day and that is all.

Next week another trial, which will be his last hopefully. Lets hope he can show some improvement on running with other dogs.

HI HELEN!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 16, 2009, 07:04:28 PM »

what is the normal training regime of a dog in training then?

surely not one walk a day?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 16, 2009, 07:31:43 PM »

I dont care if we land no coups on Rodney. I just want him at the top of his game and not just given one walk a day and that is all.

Nice one.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #818 on: March 16, 2009, 07:51:46 PM »

not the greatest day but certainly not the worst.

me and rooks done our dough at swindon but hey ho never mind tomorrows another day.

as for the boy rodney, i must admit i was a little disappointed today with him but thats dog racing full of highs and lows.Pluses to take from today was the way he threw the 5 dog out the way at the first turn as it tried to cut him off (no mean feat either as the 5 dog isnt much smaller than him). going down the far side i was expecting him to pick the 1 dog up by the 3rd bend or at least off the final bend but he took an eternity to get there failing by roughly a neck.
the time wasn't an improvement on last week which was hoped but he didnt turn round in the boxes and has now had experience of running with other dogs.

i was a little disappointed to hear micks analysis of things after the race questioning rodneys keeness, i would never dream of questioning micks views but i have watched greyhounds for many years and had a much better view of rodney up the run in than he did and am quite happy that rodney kept straight the whole way up the run in and that imo he just looked a little tired and unfit.

hopefully after a good weeks combination of work and rest rodney can get back going the right way showing the promise he showed last week. at the end of the day hes ran 2 trials and easily graded both times so all good.

TheWhisper

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 17, 2009, 06:52:04 AM »

It's very early days for Rodney, plenty of time for him to get the hang of it.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #820 on: March 17, 2009, 07:59:43 AM »

Blah...the old non-trier trick. They'll just wait untill he's an 8-1 shot and he'll bolt up when they lump on proper Wink

Plenty time for him to learn, might just need a little confidence booster..1 win could be all it takes.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 17, 2009, 02:01:35 PM »

Nothing wrong with lobbing round in trials mate, just get Mick to give him a "live one" before his first race and you will have a nicely graded dog
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #822 on: March 17, 2009, 02:18:31 PM »

Just got off the phone. 3.96 sectional, 27.90 time. Going was normal.

HI HELEN!
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #823 on: March 18, 2009, 12:11:21 AM »

looking deeper into his trial i noticed that the trap 1 had been running a3 prior to injury and was in fact a fairly strong bitch and although she obv needed the run it may explain why rods struggled a wee bit to get to her even though the time wasnt fantastic.

attention back on cassie next, hopefully friday or saturday and i think she may be ready to win

RoyCropper

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 18, 2009, 02:06:45 AM »

Give Billy's a ring boys and get some 200/1 about Rodney for next years Springbok.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: