blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:41:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Rookie's Fantasy
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rookie's Fantasy  (Read 225207 times)
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #855 on: March 22, 2009, 11:21:00 PM »

great stuff chaps

what are the long term hopes for both the dogs? Rodney sounds like it could be an immense beast. Could it scoop the lot?  How far do you expect either of them to go? and will you use them at some point to breed together to get another legion of track warriors?

edit: cant remember if they are blood related and how that impacts breeding, heh

rodney could still be anything, a number of the litter are improving into decent class with one of his brothers top class. they all seem to lack a little early so could be awesome when stepped upto 6 bends as they get older. if rodney can improve over the next 3 months to around 27secs then that will see him into top grade and an open racer over 6 bends, but who knows.
cassie will hopefully improve over 4 bends and be a better grade over 6 bends.

would hope to breed them at a later date that was always the plan, cassie is very well bred and it isnt so important for her to be top class though obviously the higher she can climb the better.
rodney on the other hand has to become an open racer minimum, although also well bred and from a good litter dogs tend to have to perform better on the track to be of any worth at stud.
rodney has potential but it all depends how much improvement he can make over the next few months.hes still only 22 months old so fingers crossed

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 23, 2009, 01:51:45 PM »

fckin sick
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #857 on: March 26, 2009, 09:39:27 PM »

Spoke to Mick earlier.

Rodney should be out next Thursday, we will have to see. He has had a gallop this week and will get one at the weekend. Apparently he got a bit over aggresive with the bitch he is in with and gave her a little nip, oops. Nothing major thankfully!

Cassie is trialling on Monday. Over 6 bends rather than 4. She will then be good to go back over either distance the following week. Smiley

HI HELEN!
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 26, 2009, 09:49:46 PM »

does cassie have to do anything particular in the trial to be allowed back racing or just show she's not still lame?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 26, 2009, 09:54:35 PM »

Good luck Cassie on Monday !!

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #860 on: March 30, 2009, 10:31:24 AM »

at trck now. For anyone who wants to see who she is up against today the dogs names are... Dogged bert and ballysally magic. I doubt we will see her best today as I'm unsure of the work she's been given since her last run. Haven't spoke to Mick yet and doubt I will beforeher trial as she is in trial 1.

Gogogogogo

HI HELEN!
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 30, 2009, 10:53:43 AM »

GL Cassie.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 30, 2009, 12:04:27 PM »

GLGLGLGLGLGL

GOGOOGOGOGOGO
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #863 on: March 30, 2009, 12:17:23 PM »

Just got back.

She fell out the traps and turned behind both dogs about a length and a half behind them. Coming off the bend she railed well and went inside and was infront at the line first time round. She went into the third half a length infront of the 4 with the 6 dog pretty much out the race already. Down the far side she pulled away a length clear, neither dog was stopping though. She railed well round the last and had it won by the time they came off the bend, 2 lengths clear. She won by about 2 and a half lengths I think and I was very pleased.

Time got announced... My thoughts before the race were that if she does under 38 seconds depending on the amount of preperation she has had I would be pleased. I found out she had had only a couple of gallops since her last run 2 weeks ago, so when 37.98 was announced I was very happy.

's round there are being won in about 37.75 at the mo, so hopefully she will be able to find some time over the longer when she gets worked a bit more. Not sure on the plan at the mo, havent spoken to Mick properly yet, will do that tomorrow. Hope to find out when Rodney is running tomorrow too.

Smiley

HI HELEN!
TheWhisper

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 30, 2009, 12:28:58 PM »

Thats a great time Rookie, it is nice to see that she will as thought make a good stayer.
Will you run her over the distance or revert back to 4 bends for her next race?
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 30, 2009, 12:35:29 PM »

thumbs up Grin
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #866 on: March 30, 2009, 06:49:47 PM »

Thats a great time Rookie, it is nice to see that she will as thought make a good stayer.
Will you run her over the distance or revert back to 4 bends for her next race?

not sure yet but at least the trial has gave her options at both distances.

personally id like to see her over 4 bends for a little while yet

RoyCropper

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 31, 2009, 01:23:24 AM »

Rodney's brother Barefoot Bolt went mad in the first round of the easter cup at shelbourne on saturday.
You would be hard pressed to find a more promising dog for major 550m-600m races than him in Ireland or UK at present.
If Rodney is anywhere near his pace then its happy days.
Gl.
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #868 on: March 31, 2009, 01:28:24 AM »

Rodney's brother Barefoot Bolt went mad in the first round of the easter cup at shelbourne on saturday.
You would be hard pressed to find a more promising dog for major 550m-600m races than him in Ireland or UK at present.
If Rodney is anywhere near his pace then its happy days.
Gl.

yes have been following his progress closely. he will be something special over 6 bends thats for sure

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #869 on: March 31, 2009, 01:43:26 PM »

Rodney is out in an A5 on Thursday Smiley

HI HELEN!
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: