blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:15:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Rookie's Fantasy
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rookie's Fantasy  (Read 224740 times)
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: May 16, 2009, 08:22:20 PM »

Rodney out Saturday night. 8.07, A2.

UL Rodders, second place tonight.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: May 18, 2009, 05:10:56 PM »

Andrew you forgot Park Royal and Stamford Bridge.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: May 18, 2009, 05:26:11 PM »

I'm afraid he forgot more than that. It's a matter of huge regret that my one-time hero, AndrewT, is in fact fallible, a mere mortal.

In addition his Crayford faux pas, & to forgetting Park Royal, & Stamford Bridge (I attended both tracks), he forgot that most wonderful of Venues, demolished to make way for Brent Cross Shopping Centre & the North Circular Road Staples Corner flyover.......

Hendon!

And yes Andrew, Hendon, Park Royal & Stamford Bridge ARE in London.

AndrewT. My fallen idol, shown eventually to be a flawed  (& eccentrically clothed) genius.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TheWhisper

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: June 22, 2009, 03:37:03 PM »

What's happening to the dogs Rooks?

Are they taking a break while you are in LV?
Ismene

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: June 22, 2009, 03:44:20 PM »

A couple of setbacks, Rod with his bicep and Cassie is practically recoverd from her niggling injuries.

TBH, i think thye just want their dad to see them run. I'm a great substitue - but just not him! ;-)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: June 22, 2009, 03:59:02 PM »

speaking to turny last w/end, he said cassie's in season again as well so gotta wait while they supress that

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1071 on: June 22, 2009, 04:21:13 PM »

I'm afraid he forgot more than that. It's a matter of huge regret that my one-time hero, AndrewT, is in fact fallible, a mere mortal.

In addition his Crayford faux pas, & to forgetting Park Royal, & Stamford Bridge (I attended both tracks), he forgot that most wonderful of Venues, demolished to make way for Brent Cross Shopping Centre & the North Circular Road Staples Corner flyover.......

Hendon!

AndrewT. My fallen idol, shown eventually to be a flawed  (& eccentrically clothed) genius.

When I said 'all the tracks' I, quite clearly, meant 'some of the tracks', not 'all the tracks'.

I hope that makes things clear.

And Crayford's still not in London - it's very nearly in France.
TheWhisper

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: June 22, 2009, 04:30:32 PM »

Thanks for the update, I look forward to seeing them back on the track soon.

On the tracks closing down, Kev is right they just don't get the numbers anymore.

Before Reading closed down, if Reading Football club were playing on the Tuesday evening they would cancel racing and make more money by becoming a car park just for the football fans.
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: June 22, 2009, 05:13:52 PM »

if you think dog racing is in a bad way down there, you should see it up here.

Shawfield is the only track of any note left. It is the former football ground of Clyde, but they have also raced dogs there for as long as I can remember.

Quite frankly, the place is a shithole. years of neglect and no investment means it looks like a timewarp back to the 1970's. I remember scottish derby final night a few years ago - place was packed and they had to close the downstairs bar because the lights failed....shambles.

The place is owned by the Kings, who are local bookies and have a number of shops in the area. They seem to run the dog track purely for themselves and naturally have bagged the two best bookie pitches in the place.

The races themselves are a bigger joke, with apart from the 2 weeks leading up to the derby, the highlight of the week is a bags meeting with 12 races, each of which is a 5 runner handicap....

It used to even be a laugh when legendary bookie 'fearless' freddie williams was there. It was amazing to see a guy enthusiastically taking fiver bets from the punters, when a few days previously he was at cheltenham, locking horns with JP mcmanus for 6 figure sums at a time...

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: June 22, 2009, 07:22:17 PM »

Hendon!

When I said 'all the tracks' I, quite clearly, meant 'some of the tracks', not 'all the tracks'.

I hope that makes things clear.

And Crayford's still not in London - it's very nearly in France.

Yes, yes, you meant "some of all the tracks".

Anyway, be good to see both of Rook's dogs back on track.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: July 03, 2009, 11:51:44 AM »

who ran last night & how did they do??
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: July 03, 2009, 12:02:47 PM »

ahhh cassie ran and got 4th but not a total crash as she was just out of season

ITB says a couple of weeks time she'll be good to go
Ismene

View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: July 03, 2009, 05:00:01 PM »

She fell out the traps as expected, she's lost half a kilo - but could possibly lose a tiny bit more...

They had just put down new sand along the rails and the trainer had said that the going was tougher as the "stayers" weren't staying - so all in all not a bad effort having being crowded and only being so soon out of season.

Most importantly she looked happy - and we'll be seeing both of them on Sat - so i hope they're camera ready!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1078 on: August 14, 2009, 11:25:55 AM »

After a load of trouble with Cassie, and her being out of season now - not fully though. She has gone and won her first race this morning!!

Typical, went in bookies to back her with Ling and got snap asked for ID. Didn't have none as its my usual bookies and wasn't expected to be asked, I said can I just watch the dog in the next race as I own her and i'll be gone, no bet neccessary. She turned into Hitler and said no ID you have to leave, someone comes in I could get the sack blablabla. Had to run up the other end of high street to Hills and by the time got there they were rounding the first where cassie had her usual trouble of being checked and then running off the bend.

She turned in 4th about 7 lengths down and by the 3rd bend she was 3 lengths down and in 2nd. She ran on well and won by probably a length or two.

Only fucking downpoint is I didnt get a bet on her the only time she fucking wins!!

http://www.thedogs.co.uk/resultsRace.aspx?raceID=225817-1&raceDate=14/08/2009

HI HELEN!
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 14, 2009, 11:38:45 AM »

get in there !!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: