blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:59:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Tilt symptoms?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tilt symptoms?  (Read 804 times)
Tragic

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2007, 10:44:49 PM »

Been playing with this guy 30 mins, on a bad run lately affecting my play I think. Almost 100% he's on a flush draw from the way he plays it. I walk away from this hand thinking I was unlucky, am I a tilting donkey or justified? River is a diamond and I check/fold.

Game #4762806444: Hold'em NL ($1/$2) - 2007/06/20 - 22:37:35 (UK)
Table "Monterrey" Seat 2 is the button.
Seat 1: Scruff ($126.75 in chips)
Seat 2: Eirik_A ($219.10 in chips)
Eirik_A: posts small blind $1
Scruff: posts big blind $2
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Scruff [   ]
Eirik_A: raises to $6
Scruff: calls $4
----- FLOP ----- [     Two Diamonds]
Scruff: bets $8
Eirik_A: calls $8
----- TURN ----- [     Two Diamonds][ ]
Scruff: bets $12
Eirik_A: calls $12
----- RIVER ----- [     Two Diamonds  ][ ]
Scruff: checks
Eirik_A: bets $44
Scruff: raises to $100.75 and is all-in
Eirik_A: calls $56.75
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Scruff: shows [ ] (A Pair of Fives, King high)
Eirik_A: shows [ ] (Three of a kind, Fives, Ace high)
Eirik_A collected $252.50 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot $253.50 Main pot $252.50 Rake $1
Board [ Two Diamonds ]
Seat 1: Scruff (big blind) showed [   ] and lost with A Pair of Fives, King high
Seat 2: Eirik_A (small blind) showed [   ] and won ($252.50) with Three of a kind, Fives, Ace high
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 11:01:56 PM »

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

AdamG

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 11:08:25 PM »

why would u call reraise on river?

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=36782.0
Alias' >>> DeeohDoubleG - PokerStars    adamg001/TrustinMe - DTD    Garvey001 - FullTilt <<<
Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 11:09:03 PM »

I don't play heads-up so ain't no expert, but fwiw...

If you think he's on the flush draw, why don't you bet the river with your K-high? Obviously if you had a hand you might want to check and give him a chance to bluff the river. But here, even if he's missed his draw there's a decent chance that he can check behind and take the pot. If you bet the river then you can at least let it go when you get raised.

If you want it to look like you've given him a chance to bluff it before check-raising him, surely you're on thin ice here, since he's getting 3 to 1 on the call. (And you're also making the assumption that he knows what you're doing). Also, if you were to check to induce a bluff, would there then be any point raising without a monster hand? What are you trying to represent? I just don't quite get it - your line doesn't make much sense to me.

Given that you mention the T word - it looks to me like you essentially gave up the pot after the turn before frustration and tilt took over and you decided to shove the rest in more in hope than expectation.
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 11:33:05 PM »

I've already called two of his bluffs on the river with draws when I had a pair and he's had to show, I'm fairly sure he will bluff again here and I can raise to take him off high card ace which I can't beat by calling, even if he's getting 3 to 1 he can't call with ace high....can he? If my head was straight i'd probably have check/passed the flop lol. Worth pointing out, last 2 times I called his bluff I had been betting into him before the river.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 11:37:43 PM by Tragic » Logged
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 12:32:10 AM »

I like ur line a lot, but sometimes you have to adapt your idea of a an opponents hand after a street. I do like the fact you carried your idea through to the end, including the large re-raise on the end where he would be forced to fold a bluff. In short, stick it in the "variance" category.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: