blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:50:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Playing poker in downtown Las Vegas
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Playing poker in downtown Las Vegas  (Read 1610 times)
escalady74
Probation

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2007, 03:07:43 AM »

I know a lot of you out are in Vegas for the WSOP, but are many of you venturing downtown for any tournaments?  I played in a tournament at the Golden Nugget, but I wasn't too impressed by the structure or the claustrophobic room.  I plan on playing at least one at Binions, but are these the only places worth playing at?

I am also having a very difficult time finding any limit cash games of 4/8 or higher except at Binions...it is difficult to beat the rake in games with such low stakes, but I have made a vow to become a better player before I venture into NL again. 

If anyone has any suggestions for tournaments downtown or good cash games, please clue me in.  I know I can find all I want and more on the strip, but I hate the traffic and time wasted driving there and then having to drive back to my hotel.

Erin
brummieboy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 07:39:13 AM »

Binions is the only decent place IMO. I stayed at the Plaza for the first couple days of my trip but the STT structure was terrible and they only had 2/4 Limit running,(interestingly if your heads up at the river it is uncapped, managed to stack someone at Limit with a bigger full house than he's.) 
However I went late January so it's probably a lot busier now downtown with a lot more options.
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 08:02:50 AM »

Try these sites :

http://www.allvegaspoker.com/

http://www.cheapovegas.com/index.php
escalady74
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 01:34:07 PM »

Thank you for the links and the information about the plaza.  I guess the bottom line is that I am going to have to go to the strip.  I do really enjoy the 8pm venetian tournament.  The structure is good and the buy-in is reasonable.  Well, I am off to pack and start my drive to Vegas.  Wish me luck!!!
charmaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 02:06:12 PM »

Goodluck Erin  Smiley

" Kind words can be short and easy to speak , but there echoes are truly endless " -Mother Theresa
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 04:48:53 PM »

Vegas has been my holiday destination for a few years, at first we used to stay on the strip then realised that the poker that suited us was downtown.. so 3 yrs ago we stayed down town and had a ball...great games , all levels of buy ins and all names were there, plus tv filming daily and the chance to sat into a decent game,  so when it was decided a few weeks ago it was time for us to take a break my hubby booked us in down town..to please me..ooopppss ..it had so changed...the tournies were crap..and the cash game in the Nugget..well lets just say i got totaly ripped off by a guy saying he had a srt8 AFTER his cards were mucked and AFTER the dealer had commenced the  shuffle and AFTER i had started to stack my chips. the card room manager awarded half the unstacked chips to the LOCAL boy . I will never stay downtown again ..imho it has really gone down hill since sep 2004. G:L..
 btw ..i had flopped trip J's ..and ths guy had ..well what ever he wanted to have i guess..
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 04:51:08 PM by The_nun » Logged

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 04:55:09 PM »

Oh nad to add insult to injury the card RM said to me i will right you out a chitty.. the 2 guys to my left jointly said ..it's ok.. when you go cssh in he will likley reimberse you the chips you gave to him..LOL..NO..he gave me a food voucher for 10 bucks..lol

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 06:56:41 PM »

I know a lot of you out are in Vegas for the WSOP, but are many of you venturing downtown for any tournaments?  I played in a tournament at the Golden Nugget, but I wasn't too impressed by the structure or the claustrophobic room.  I plan on playing at least one at Binions, but are these the only places worth playing at?

I am also having a very difficult time finding any limit cash games of 4/8 or higher except at Binions...it is difficult to beat the rake in games with such low stakes, but I have made a vow to become a better player before I venture into NL again. 

If anyone has any suggestions for tournaments downtown or good cash games, please clue me in.  I know I can find all I want and more on the strip, but I hate the traffic and time wasted driving there and then having to drive back to my hotel.

Erin

I played the $150 NL event at Binions yesterday and had a good time, I really like it down there, going to go back today for the $200 PLHE event with Chilli in a few hours. I think they also have 2-4 limit games too.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 07:00:04 PM »

Erin

I played the $150 NL event at Binions yesterday and had a good time, I really like it down there, going to go back today for the $200 PLHE event with Chilli in a few hours. I think they also have 2-4 limit games too.

One Brian Wilson is playing that one, too.

The blondes have it covered.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Heid
Nuuuuu Meeeeja Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 09:16:55 PM »

I really like the tourneys downtown. Chopped 3rd place or better in 7 of 12 tourneys there in Feb. Played mostly at Binions and the Nugget.

I am a bit surprised that you say it has changed so much Maureen - we were both such fans of downtown!

My info isn't as up to date as Our Blessed Sister, so praps things have changed. If things are cack downtown, then at least I have two of those t's they give out when you win a tourney at Binions!

The Plaza has gone right downhill - it used to be a nice staple for me to go and play a few STT's in the morning to give me some extra cash to play with, but filling the STT's too k too long when I was there last.

The main advantage is that it's easy to get to lots of different tourneys, as they have all tiimed them right so you can jump from on to another if you so wish.

The Fitz was awful - nasty chips, disorganised, and frankly a bloody mess.

I don't play cash live, so can't comment on finding a game.

Visit 13 can't come quick enough for me Smiley

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no bubble; there is the Final Table.
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 09:27:06 PM »

The main advantage is that it's easy to get to lots of different tourneys, as they have all tiimed them right so you can jump from on to another if you so wish.

This was the reason we used to like it so much as well...but no more down town for me ..each to their own as the saying goes ..I liked the Orleons ..did well there ..very good atmo..if you want to avoid the strip ..

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: