blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:35:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Job Vacancies...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Job Vacancies...  (Read 25042 times)
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 07:39:16 PM »

Just shows the way things have degenerated around here, the guy is advertising a job, if someone is interested then they can apply.
Otherwise why have a pop??
Daft

Holiday entitlement is illegal. Sorry if thats acceptable to you.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 07:43:56 PM »

I do feel a bit sorry for Rivercard here, like Ifm said, he comes here advertising a job and gets a load of stick.  Sure the money may not be great but you are only comparing that with what you can get with a larger company.  I'm sure if Poker in the Pub was huge multinational, they'd be paying more.

You quite often see posts from people wanting to get involved in the business.  They often are willing to work for next to nothing, this is an ideal opportunity for them.

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 07:45:45 PM »

The money aint great but you might attract the right kind of people by posting on here. GL in your search.
ItsMrAlex2u

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 08:01:15 PM »

I do feel a bit sorry for Rivercard here, like Ifm said, he comes here advertising a job and gets a load of stick.  Sure the money may not be great but you are only comparing that with what you can get with a larger company.  I'm sure if Poker in the Pub was huge multinational, they'd be paying more.

You quite often see posts from people wanting to get involved in the business.  They often are willing to work for next to nothing, this is an ideal opportunity for them.

Seconded, the criticism has probably done the job of putting off anyone who may have been interested.
Dont take it personally. Regretfully as this forum gets larger, you could probably have posted £40k and someone would have had a pop.

Good luck with the expansion of Poker in the Pub, which unfortunately doesnt yet stretch to Jersey !!

Best QM ever

FACT !
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 08:08:48 PM »

It's free advertising!!!! what do you expect?

Firstly, anything's that's posted on a public forum is open for debate, IRRESPECTIVE of what it's initial purpose is.

Secondly it would be extremely naive of rivercard to post a job vacancy in the poker industry on the biggest poker forum in Europe and not expect it's specifics to be scrutinised and discussed by it's poker enchanted members so i don't know why he  or anyone else is in the least bit surprised or disappointed at subsequent posts.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 08:10:53 PM »

LOL, If I put up a post saying I want a poker coach to get me pwning 2/4 and I'm prepared to pay £7 an hour, and someone says hey man you're gonna need to pay more than that for a good coach. Are they having a pop at me or giving some advice? I'd say it's advice (be it good or bad) or having a discussion, on what happens to be a discussion forum.

fwiw rivercarddude seems to be one of the few people who are genuinely trying to get new players into the game and for that I wish him the very best of luck,
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2007, 08:53:03 PM »

£7 per hour I am available and I have played poker on the telly so must be good. Just call 0800 INDESTRUCTABLE.  Cool

PS good luck with the vacancy.
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2007, 09:01:24 PM »

£7 per hour I am available and I have played poker on the telly so must be good. Just call 0800 INDESTRUCTABLE.  Cool

PS good luck with the vacancy.

Quite hilarious Smiley 

Patience is a virtue.

Digger

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2007, 09:10:29 PM »

Hi Rivercard, do you have any more information about the 'Poker in the pub' in general? Website etc, just out of curiosity... Didnt someone on Dragons Den have an idea similar to this?

I know him well.....Steve Bellis was that man from Wrexham & The Nuts Poker League, he had all the Dragons fighting to give him money......when he looked into the contracts on offer he didn't take there money after all the offers. He came back from a holiday in the USA with the idea. The league now nation wide & is doing really well too & I don't see why there isn't room for a competitor, so good luck with the business.

There are times when salary isn't the most important thing to a lot of people.........to get paid for doing something you enjoy can be worth a few grand....IMHO

'Some people think football is a matter of life and death....I can assure them it's more important than that' - Bill Shankley
'I am the greatest' - Ali
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2007, 09:19:04 PM »

Was The Nuts PL the original one?

ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 09:35:01 PM »

Just shows the way things have degenerated around here, the guy is advertising a job, if someone is interested then they can apply.
Otherwise why have a pop??
Daft

Holiday entitlement is illegal. Sorry if thats acceptable to you.

Brilliant!!!
If it's illegal then it won't matter will it? It will HAVE to be brought in line.
As a matter of fact it is NOT illegal as someone kindly pointed out to you earlier, at least check this stuff out. I'll give you a clue though........todays date is 26th JUNE 2007  Wink

I was actually referring to the general tone of the criticism though not necessarily the content

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Digger

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 09:49:02 PM »

Yeh....I think so?

'Some people think football is a matter of life and death....I can assure them it's more important than that' - Bill Shankley
'I am the greatest' - Ali
Dj Durban

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2007, 09:38:08 AM »

There have been lots of small leagues around for quite a while, but it has only really been in the last year and a half that anyone has attempted to take it to a national level. As for the wage there are plenty of people who would be quite happy earning 20k a year doing something they enjoy.
The Player

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2007, 10:01:53 AM »

The nuts poker league started about the same time, he actually approached PITP for joining the leagues prior to going on dragons den.

If people are complaining about the salary then they have no idea what they are talking about. one of the posters hit it on the nose earlier.... sales jobs are paid depending on the difficulty of the sale amongst other things. I did sales for some time for a phone company, and there basic was a lot worse but the product was an easy sell. Its not some top IT equipment thats being sold here... its entertainment!

for a brand new car + insurance and the basic wage your already in a damn good position, and £20,000 isn't the maximum its a guestimate.

How can anyone complain about something their not interested in, if you dont want or need the job then why comment. Just because your paid more or get more holiday doesn't mean its an automatic entitlement. No-one is dumb enough to advertise a job with anything that is contrary to employment law... therefore if a certain amount of holiday is advertised and thats fine!

Just my 2 cents lol Smiley
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2007, 10:24:53 AM »

How can anyone complain about something their not interested in, if you dont want or need the job then why comment. Just because your paid more or get more holiday doesn't mean its an automatic entitlement. No-one is dumb enough to advertise a job with anything that is contrary to employment law... therefore if a certain amount of holiday is advertised and thats fine!

Just my 2 cents lol Smiley

Like someone has already outlined you put this on a forum its open to debate.

Forget about the pay, the holidays are soon to be an illegall amount and the mere fact they offer so little and think thats acceptable is telling on the company and how they treat their workers.

If everyone accepted and didn't speak out against jobs that offered very low holiday entiltments then we would be like America where your lucky to get 2 weeks total.

I wish Unions didn't have such a bad rep, they do have their uses..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: