blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:05:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Aces cash NLHE paired board
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aces cash NLHE paired board  (Read 3539 times)
deepreacher

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 03:40:37 PM »

To be honest with these stack sizes the money goes in with AA what ever happens, if he has a 9 reload. I also dont think he can be that tricky a lag if he only has $250 at 3/6 table. Doesnt leave much room to lag it up.....
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2007, 04:03:26 PM »

Is he really going to raise you $60 if he's hit trip 9's?? Very doubtful in my mind...

Maybe I should say 'I' would have flat called with trip 9's and looked to have taken your whole stack on the turn, surely the raise is not the move, especially with only $150 left, virtually any card on the turn and the AA will fire again, pot commiting himself...

I raise about 90% of the time here when I have a 9 if I think the opponent has a big overpair and has me down as a lag. (which admittedly is VERY rare)

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
fearisthekey

PL: 51S1NT 4R51MS

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2007, 04:40:21 PM »

Is he really going to raise you $60 if he's hit trip 9's?? Very doubtful in my mind...

Maybe I should say 'I' would have flat called with trip 9's and looked to have taken your whole stack on the turn, surely the raise is not the move, especially with only $150 left, virtually any card on the turn and the AA will fire again, pot commiting himself...

I raise about 90% of the time here when I have a 9 if I think the opponent has a big overpair and has me down as a lag. (which admittedly is VERY rare)
Yes good point.

I saw another AA run into trouble today, standard bad beat, lovely line at the end though.

3-6 NLHE.
A raise PF, B reraise 6xBB, A call, pot $100
FLOP  .
A bet $50, B reraise to $150, A call
turn  , A check, B bet $200, A call
River  two hearts A check B bet $200 A reraise $450 B call.

Showdown A has two spades Two Diamonds , B has 

B: ****** ******
A: nh
B: nh? you're a ****ing donkey
A: you lost
B: how can you call with that, you ****ing donkey, what are you waiting for, the 2?
A: thought you were bluffing
B: go read a book
A: Oh yeah, can you recommend any, maaaaestro?
(pause)
B: Yeah.....'Shrek'. Plenty about ****ing donkeys in that, you ****ing moron.

B is sitting out.
A: nh

I loolled.

W85N 494 T85 4R51M 253OM5 1 N978TM1R5

4ON0TW1K589MUP

CHEYNE STOKING

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 05:55:39 PM »

maybe tens, jacks or a straight draw, representing the 9. i think you're right.

Firstly we can rule out TT/JJ given he is a LAG on the button. Secondly why would he want to represent a 9 when he has one of these hands?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
fearisthekey

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2007, 06:01:59 PM »

Firstly we can rule out TT/JJ given he is a LAG on the button. Secondly why would he want to represent a 9 when he has one of these hands?

cos he's a ****?

4ON0TW1K589MUP

CHEYNE STOKING

AdamG

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2007, 06:04:39 PM »

de la ship all in if he has 9 reload

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=36782.0
Alias' >>> DeeohDoubleG - PokerStars    adamg001/TrustinMe - DTD    Garvey001 - FullTilt <<<
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2007, 06:34:36 PM »

We arent argueing about whether or not he has a 9. The simple fact is we raised to $20 preflop from a short stack and aint gonna fold these puppies. Its gets a lot more complicated when you have more money infront of you.
fearisthekey

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2007, 07:46:46 PM »

Fuzzy logic.

Part of him knows that he may be up against AK AQ and wishes to defend his JJ TT against what may be a continuation bet.
Part of him knows he may be up against AA KK QQ but very unlikely that he's up against x9, so may as well represent the 9.

Add these two together, you get a big raise.

4ON0TW1K589MUP

CHEYNE STOKING

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2007, 08:24:49 PM »

Fuzzy logic.

Part of him knows that he may be up against AK AQ and wishes to defend his JJ TT against what may be a continuation bet.
Part of him knows he may be up against AA KK QQ but very unlikely that he's up against x9, so may as well represent the 9.

Add these two together, you get a big raise.

As a card carrying member of the LAG brigade i can't see him having TT or JJ on the button here.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2007, 08:43:17 PM »

YEah he's likely to raise the button here with JJ TT use the image and all that, OP did say "tricky" though Tongue
Matt85
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2007, 10:43:50 AM »

I think he sounds more like a donkey lag given his stack size and the fact that hes limped the button which, well, you shouldn't be doing generally speaking.

As it stands hes probably got overpair or absolute air here and hes just decided to make a play at it figuring you for whiffed overcards, because limping then raising the flop is like  'yes, i have AA', which you obviously have. A LAG isnt limpping a hand with a 9 in it there or probably 88 either and hes definately not raising the flop with 98 because he figures that you generally have overcards and he wants some value. Only hands that makes slightest sense here are JT and JJ-KK tbh.

I wouldn't be able to get all my money in that pot fast enough.
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2007, 12:09:49 PM »

if we ship isn't he laying down anything we beat and only calling with stuff we can't beat?!

flat call the then shove turn surely?
Smart Money

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2007, 02:59:52 AM »

if we ship isn't he laying down anything we beat and only calling with stuff we can't beat?!

I like that if we have position and/or stacks are deeper.

As it is pot is $220+ and we have $90 back if we call, so it's unlikely that he'll bluff again (if he is bluffing) as he knows he won't be able to push us off the pot with the near 3.5/1 odds we'd be getting ($90 into $310.)

Jamming here will receive a call from a draw/underpair (to our AA) whereas a blank/scare card on turn may stop him from putting anymore into the pot.

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2007, 09:07:18 AM »

I like that if we have position and/or stacks are deeper.

As it is pot is $220+ and we have $90 back if we call, so it's unlikely that he'll bluff again (if he is bluffing) as he knows he won't be able to push us off the pot with the near 3.5/1 odds we'd be getting ($90 into $310.)

Jamming here will receive a call from a draw/underpair (to our AA) whereas a blank/scare card on turn may stop him from putting anymore into the pot.

Lots of players do..........

We are either miles ahead or miles behind, i like the idea of letting him bluff again and giving the dreaded free card in this spot.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2007, 09:28:16 AM »

i reckon button has TJ, i reckon hero flat called and shipped when the 7 hit the turn, its obv a shove on the flop, for any poker player.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: