blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:57:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Last Night Walsall £30 + 1 rebuy/addon -
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last Night Walsall £30 + 1 rebuy/addon -  (Read 917 times)
CrestOfaWave

View Profile WWW
« on: June 28, 2007, 08:46:22 PM »

Last night went to Walsall and encountered this hand.
It appears like a bad beat but I would like feedback on A) My initial raise B) My Check C) My push D) Would you have played it differently...

Blinds were 50 /100

Table was 9 handed.

BB was chip leader at table and hitting everything.

I got  in mid position and did a standardish raise trying to draw some action or reraise from the BB so raised to 400.

I then get 2 callers and the BB calling my raise so pot is up to 1750.

Flop came down 

My poker face certainly wasnt working and I know I reeled backwards when I saw the flop thinking - oh sh*te.

I checked and so did everyone else. The  came on the turn.

Here the BB bet about 1000 chips. I go into think tank for approx 10 seconds but didnt think anyone had the case ten so
pushed over the top with my  . The other 2 guys folded and the BB called my all in had me well covered and flipped  .

River - yep you guessed it 

My draw dropped and I walked away stunned from the table.

I want to  know if I made the wrong play and at what point.

?? A) My initial raise B) My Check C) My push D) Would you have played it differently...

Thoughts appreciated - my guess is that B was the incorrect play and perhaps I push here and gamble
that no-one has the case ten??

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 08:49:39 PM »

you played it fine and got unlucky thats all. You're hoping one (or both) hit their card on the turn.......

wait a minute....have I been whooshed here and this is just a joke?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 08:59:14 PM »

Never worry about the ten here, if someone has it they have your stack. Never worry if someone is 'hitting everything' it matters not.

I would just flat call the turn to let him bet again, i want to get value for my house.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
CrestOfaWave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 09:15:54 PM »

you played it fine and got unlucky thats all. You're hoping one (or both) hit their card on the turn.......

wait a minute....have I been whooshed here and this is just a joke?

no joke boldie. If I had raised higher would have pushed everyone out of pot. As Flushy says I should have just checked turn but same
result would have happened but in long run this is a more profitable play.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 09:37:46 PM »

result would have happened but in long run this is a more profitable play.

Thats the key, what is more profitable.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 06:09:41 PM »

I think the observation that the big stack is on the BB and hitting everything is a factor in deciding what to do pre-flop. You are almost certainly guaranteed action because of this fact. I would usually raise 300 to encourage action here but because it is big-stack's blind I would take it up a notch to 400 and be confident of getting action. So I think your pre-flop raise is spot on.

You check, the K comes, and the BB bets. I think whether you flat call or push, the same amount is going in the pot at the end. You will realistically only make money from someone holding a K (smaller pairs would have spoken on the flop and un-paired cards don't call the turn bet anyway) Whether a K puts his chips in now or later is irrelevant...the chips are going in.

You checked to trap. You successfully trapped. All the chips went in with one card to come and your opponent is hunting a paltry two cards. Is it possible to play this hand any better?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 06:32:16 PM »

Last night went to Walsall and encountered this hand.
It appears like a bad beat but I would like feedback on A) My initial raise B) My Check C) My push D) Would you have played it differently...

Blinds were 50 /100

Table was 9 handed.

BB was chip leader at table and hitting everything.

I got  in mid position and did a standardish raise trying to draw some action or reraise from the BB so raised to 400.

I then get 2 callers and the BB calling my raise so pot is up to 1750.

Flop came down 

My poker face certainly wasnt working and I know I reeled backwards when I saw the flop thinking - oh sh*te.

I checked and so did everyone else. The  came on the turn.

Here the BB bet about 1000 chips. I go into think tank for approx 10 seconds but didnt think anyone had the case ten so
pushed over the top with my  . The other 2 guys folded and the BB called my all in had me well covered and flipped  .

River - yep you guessed it 

My draw dropped and I walked away stunned from the table.

I want to  know if I made the wrong play and at what point.

?? A) My initial raise B) My Check C) My push D) Would you have played it differently...

Thoughts appreciated - my guess is that B was the incorrect play and perhaps I push here and gamble
that no-one has the case ten??

50p invoice in the post. This is a bad beat and how could it be played more optimally? TBH, quit whining Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: