blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:07:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272596 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  AA oop deepstacked v tricky opponent
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AA oop deepstacked v tricky opponent  (Read 2929 times)
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« on: June 30, 2007, 03:09:54 AM »

Red AA oop deepstacked i re-raise from the BB to $26 from an $8 preflop raise. Stacks are $400 ish deep. Opponent is a noted regular with a strong game, capable of representing hands. He flat calls. HU pot.

Flop comes  . I check folded. Was this too weak?

Issues i have is iv told him i have premium holdings. If i lead out he can flat call and take it off me pretty easily/ hit his hand.
Smart Money

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 11:15:12 AM »

The check/fold is weak, but I understand it!

I'd possibly make a large bet here (which I wouldn't usually do with AA post-flop.)

Bet close to the pot, and give him the tricky decision. It's a lot harder for him to pull off a move against a large bet, than it is against a 1/2 pot bet or a check.

If he calls then you can check/call or check/fold the turn.

OOP, when the original raiser and yourself are deep-stacked, I prefer to just put in a massive re-raise pre-flop and be happy to take the pot down right there.

(Blog updated. Address below.) Smiley

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 01:01:38 PM »

The check/fold is weak, but I understand it!

I'd possibly make a large bet here (which I wouldn't usually do with AA post-flop.)

Bet close to the pot, and give him the tricky decision. It's a lot harder for him to pull off a move against a large bet, than it is against a 1/2 pot bet or a check.

If he calls then you can check/call or check/fold the turn.

OOP, when the original raiser and yourself are deep-stacked, I prefer to just put in a massive re-raise pre-flop and be happy to take the pot down right there.

(Blog updated. Address below.) Smiley

Yeah, thought about sticking in an $80 preflop re-raise but wanted some action, board was just way too coordinated. I know he knows iv got AA/KK/AK and can lay hands down, i also know he deffo has the bollocks to stick me in if i pot it on the flop.

Next time ill just re-raise huge and pray he has kings.

Blog linked mate.
UpTheMariners

We Only Sing When We're Fishing

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 12:52:24 AM »

i think you'll go broke if you keep doing this. ok hes a tricky player but uv'e gotta lead out.

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 02:13:02 AM »

i think you'll go broke if you keep doing this. ok hes a tricky player but uv'e gotta lead out.

thanks for the vote of confidence lol. pmsl.
UpTheMariners

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 02:28:49 AM »

thanks for the vote of confidence lol. pmsl.

ok bit ott with that comment, but i always think aggression is the key.

Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 03:21:26 AM »

Not sure about aggression being the key in situations like this. Here information is key - and as has already been said, the problem with the oop reraise is that you're trading money in the pot for information. He knows far more about what you've got than you know about what he's got. If you don't know the other player and he doesn't know you then this isn't too bad. If you both know that he knows that you've got a big overpair, he's still not going to make a move on you if he doesn't know whether you can fold it or not. So if he does raise you can probably pass. Here, aggression with AA surely just makes the pot bigger and makes it even more attractive for him to make a move, no?

Never thought about the huge reraise preflop in this sort of situation, but like the idea of it as an occasional play - thanks for that.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 04:20:33 AM »

Not sure about aggression being the key in situations like this. Here information is key - and as has already been said, the problem with the oop reraise is that you're trading money in the pot for information. He knows far more about what you've got than you know about what he's got. If you don't know the other player and he doesn't know you then this isn't too bad. If you both know that he knows that you've got a big overpair, he's still not going to make a move on you if he doesn't know whether you can fold it or not. So if he does raise you can probably pass. Here, aggression with AA surely just makes the pot bigger and makes it even more attractive for him to make a move, no?

Never thought about the huge reraise preflop in this sort of situation, but like the idea of it as an occasional play - thanks for that.

Iv been discussing this with a lot of players today, iv decided with deep stacks, on boards like this im happy to let him take it. The risk/reward ratio is too skewed.

Mariners, no disrespect but do you play a lot of cash games? Its a totally different scenario in a tournament.
UpTheMariners

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 05:23:52 AM »

Iv been discussing this with a lot of players today, iv decided with deep stacks, on boards like this im happy to let him take it. The risk/reward ratio is too skewed.

Mariners, no disrespect but do you play a lot of cash games? Its a totally different scenario in a tournament.

i do play cash games but i don't play them all the time. Don't want to restrict myself to one game.

If the guy is tricky how about just calling pre flop? your hand isn't a giveaway then... 

Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 05:54:24 AM »

check fold is correct play
The_Diamond

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2007, 07:37:03 AM »

WTF @ this hand?

Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2007, 10:06:24 AM »

Just wondering what board you would be looking for to carry on against this type of player?

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2007, 01:58:27 PM »

check fold is correct play

I hate playing that weak but what else can you do when you have told him you have a big premium hand. Im out of position against a known floater who has no problems putting me to the test, we play daily. Once he has called the re-raise he wont be thick enough to call with an AK/AQ/AJ type hand that leaves him utterly crushed. He knows my hand, i dont know his, this pot could get huge and i could easily be drawing dead if i lead out. He can quite easily represent a set here.

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2007, 01:59:50 PM »

i do play cash games but i don't play them all the time. Don't want to restrict myself to one game.

If the guy is tricky how about just calling pre flop? your hand isn't a giveaway then... 

Good idea, i think this isnt a bad way to play these hands oop.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2007, 02:00:43 PM »

Just wondering what board you would be looking for to carry on against this type of player?

Any board not ridiculously connected and so wet.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: