blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:40:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  WSOP $10,000 Pot Limit Omaha: Day 2 - At A Glance
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP $10,000 Pot Limit Omaha: Day 2 - At A Glance  (Read 5050 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« on: July 02, 2007, 11:43:29 AM »

55 players remain and play is due to start at 2pm (10pm UK time)

This is the non-interactive thread and will only display posts from the updaters.

Jonas Flug-Entin   366500   6
Dau Ly   354500   3
Kenneth Strandli   287000   6
Antonio Salorio   264500   8
Roy Brindley   231000   8
Patrik Antonius   205500   3
Robert Mizrachi   204000   9
Liekke Kimmo   197500   2
Rene Mouritsen   189500   4
John Duthie   188000   2
Scotty Nguyen   185500   2
Steve Sung   181000   2
Marco Traniello   179000   5
Tore Laherborg   176500   4
Andy Bloch   167500   2
Sylvester Geoghegan   152000   8
Annie Duke   150000   6
Eric Froehlich   125000   8
Greg Raymer   123000   2
Doyle Brunson   118000   9
Magnus Persson   106000   5
K.P.   104500   8
Hsiung Chang Ping   101500   4
Leif Force   100000   5
Dave Colclough   95500   5
William McMahan   94000   4
Alex Brenes   92500   3
Pham Thanh   92500   4
Michael Binger   87500   8
Len Ashby   86500   6
Farina Valter   76500   9
Chau Giang   75000   9
Jan Boubli   74000   4
J.C. Tran   71500   3
Dario Alioro   65500   6
Paul Jackson   65500   8
Stephen Ladowsky   64500   9
Leo Fernandez   64000   5
Thein "Tim" Phan   61500   2
Mickey Appleman   61000   5
David Chiu   58500   5
Ali Sarkeshik   54500   2
Jani Sointula   54000   9
Joe Beevers   54000   4
Minh Ly   53500   4
Martin Wendi   51500   6
Varahram Vardjavand   48000   3
Donn O'Dea   45500   4
Mark Davis   39500   3
James Calderaro   32000   6
David Callaghan   31000   9
Steve Hohman   30500   9
Kristian Kjondal   28500   3
Anita Perl   9000   3
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 10:16:53 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 11:12:42 PM »

Firstly, apologies to the powers that be - we misunderstood the rules and weren't aware that we could only post one hourly update on each WSOP event. I was aware of the rule, but was under the impression that it was Main Event only. However, this is not the case.

Back to the poker and the Event in question, the $10,000 Pot Limit Omaha Freezeout - the final 6 tables have been squeezed into the one corner by the feature table, and almost become lost amid the hysteria of one of the less pricey events, of which I saw Vicky Coren and Willie Tann participating. Our access is pretty good at the moment due to the crowd being on just one side, so I was able to catch a few early hands during the early goings. The first of which was Robert Mizrachi (yes, one of the infamous Mizrachi siblings) doubling up one of the currently unknown opponents. Mizrachi had but ran into Pocket Aces which held up. As a result, Mizrachi was knocked down to around 210k, so not a massive hit.

Soon after, I spotted Jennifer Harman's other half, Marco Traniello, join the 'double up the Mateyboy' crew, his hand quickly mucked so as to limit the aftermath blogger's report, but I did catch sight of the winning hand, which was 7-8-J-5 on a 4-2-J-5-J board. The youngster thought he was beat until the River, so I can only assume that the Italian pro had either a set of twos or fours or, slightly more painfully, Turned a straight. Either way, he's down to 145k - as with Mizrachi, not a huge crash.

With regards to the more homegrown talent, there wasn't too much action witnessed from the likes of Beevers, Colclough and co, but I did watch a hand from Irishman Sylvester Geoghgan, his 9k from the small blind being matched by big blinder Eric Froehlich, before the big guy, and former bracelet winner I believe, opted to fold in the face of an 18k bet on a Flop.

Meanwhile, and slightly more excitingly, we did experience an exit, and it was a relatively famous name too in High Stakes Poker's (although just for an episode or two) Minh Ly, the popular poker pro all-in with , but losing to an American chap who had on a board. He called and willed for the diamond, so I guess he deserved it, although that's probably no consolation to big chipper Tore Lagerborg was in for the sidepot with an inferior .

After all of that, the current chip counts (top 10 only) courtesy of worldseriesofpoker.com are as follows:

1st  Jonas Flug-Entin -- $425,000
2nd  Tommy Ly -- $354,500
3rd  Kenneth Strandli -- $287,000
4th  Antonio Salorio -- $264,500
5th  Roy Brindley -- $231,000
6th  Steve Sung -- $210,000
7th  Robert Mizrachi -- $200,000
8th  Liekke Kimmo -- $197,500
9th  Andy Bloch -- $192,000
10th  Rene Mouritsen -- $189,500

That's it for the moment, we'll continue to keep an eye out on the Brits, but until then, check out the three piccies on the Interactive thread I took of the overnight chip leader Jonas Flug-Entin, Irish star Sylvester Geoghgan and his table neighbour Eric Froehlich. Oh yeah, and a couple of mugs to boot.

---------------------------------------

Floppy here, Raymer is OUT, as is Chau Giang.

The latter called a 30k re-raise with and then pushed on a board against three clubs, the turn gave him a few extra outs but the river was no good.

Annie Duke bets 20k on a Two Clubs and gets called, the 45k on the turn scares off her opponent though.

JC Tran is OUT, Mateyboy raised, Jani Sointula re-raised and Tran, who was short, pushed is very short stack in for value. Mateyboy dwelt for ages before making a (questionable?) call with . Jani showed and Tran showed

Board:

two hearts

Matey scoopage. Apparently the other two kings were mucked preflop too.

Btw, we're not really allowed to take photos in close proximity to the players or stand too close to the remaining five or so tables, so this update might be a little briefer than usual...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 11:51:34 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 12:16:53 AM »

Back once again with the renegade master (well, me and Floppy) to provide you with our next hourly update, which we hope you are enjoying as much as usual. The big news at the moment, and the person I expect the majority of our viewers are most interested in, is Sir Colclough of blondeness, unfortunately on the verge of departing and potentially leaving his seat as I speak.

The reason for his sudden drop in chips (which saw him go from 95,500 to around 20k) is unknown at present, apart from my witnessing of a 12k bet that was re-raised by an Itialian (well, he had an Italian football shirt on) opponent. What I do know for sure, however, is that it is move in and pray time, a task he recently undertook when everyone folded round to his small blind. Fortunately, even though it wasn't too expensive, the youngster on the Big deemed his hand weak enough to fold, and a relieved El Blondie lived to fight another day.

Meanwhile, we did lose our sandal/backpack combo wearing former World Champion, Greg 'The Fossilman' Raymer leaving the far table not too long ago, but being rewarded with an interview with someone I can only describe as 'norkalicious'. Bah, why doesn't that happen to me when I get knocked out of my £10 rebuy at Walsall!

Whilst Dave Callaghan has been keeping a low profile, Roy 'The Boy' Brindley has been less reserved, but not in terms of poker, but in his banter. "My chip stack's okay, but that Roland de Wolfe don't half natter on the rail. He's like a verbal chainsaw that lad."

We have lost a few players, as witnessed by the split of one of the tables which saw Sylvester Geoghegan and his 126k stack join fellow Irishman and a man who should never fear the River waters, Donnacha O'Dea. The bracelet winner and former Olympic swimmer is on 238k and well ahead of other European stars Jan Boubli (61k) and Joe Beavers (97k) - both obviously struggling.

In more jovial news, one lad approached me while I was watching out for hands and asked if I'd seen Daniel Negreanu. "Ever?" I replied. "No, at the moment," he said rather unamused. "How about Jamie Gold, I've seen him." Becoming impatient, "No, I need Daniel Negreanu." "Sorry, I haven't seen him and, surprisingly, haven't heard him. What do you need him for?" "I have his coffee..." Blimey, Negreanu's got his boys well trained, reminded me of my waiter days with Snapper Teltscher.  Grin

Back to the poker, and after being told that if they reach a final by 10pm (although the grapevine whispers 9pm), they'll try and finish it by tonight, Paul Jackson raced over to retell his tale of woe and how he "lost out in a 150k pot". Apparently, he got it in with A-A-K-3 after two raises before him, but "lost out" to Tim Phan (although Paul said the name 'Tito'), his opponent's A-K-J-J cruelly making a straight on a Q-9-4-T-2 board.

Well, once again, that's my fingers on the verge of arthritis, but I will leave you with these intriguing words from a fellow blogger who shall remain unnamed. "Have you noticed how often Padraig Parkinson is in the media room? I'm sure he's taking home all the free water." Crikey, times are hard for the Irishman.  Cheesy

-----------------------------------------------------

Floppy here again, just before the break, John Duthie went out in a huge 432k pot.

The board read there was major pottage and re-pottage between the EPT head honcho and Tim Phan ending up with Duthie all-in

Duthie:

Phan:

Turn:

two spades

River:

A chip count shows Phan just covering Duthie in this coinflippage of a hand.

Another player goes out meanwhile with against on a board, all-in preflop.

Players are just restarting after a short break.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 12:50:26 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 01:23:44 AM »

Well, during my last outing, the announcer brought joy to 36 players by informing them that "You are now all-in the money", which provoked high fives galore from the majority of players overjoyed to be, at the very least, getting their money back. Amid the bedlam, I actually felt quite left out and searched for someone to high five, but to no avail. Doyle looked similarly lonely, although that may have been because he was non too bothered about the cash, and at one point, I considered giving him some skin and a hug. Perhaps bumping bellies like they do in American football would have been fitting. 

Prior to the celebrations, we lost a few players, one of whom was Scandinavian hotshot Alexander Strandli (I pray I spelled that correctly), the young Norwegian falling at the hands of well known professional David Chui after pushing with Pocket Nines on a Q-Q-9-K board. The cheeky monkey had slowplayed his hand on the Flop with a check, but he ultimately ended up trapping himself as Chui was sitting pretty with the Cowboys and clearly delighted to be receiving a free card, especially one that filled him up.

Meanwhile, fellow Norwegian Kristain Kjondal (pictured below), who, incidentally, final tabled in the Monte Carlo EPT Grand Final a couple of months back, is still flying the European flag, although he's struggling as much as Joe Beevers with just 105k. Still, plenty of time left and he was one of those to make the money.

While I found out that James Calderaro was one of the unlucky ones to stumble at the final hurdle, the player who we were all backing bit the dust at that vital stage, although not the bubble. El Blondie pushing in his shortstack with anything half-decent looking, but being picked off by the Pocket Aces of Leo Fernandez, whose Bullets held up by the River. Still, a good showing from Dave who came close... yet again. Next time, Gadget, next time!

The man who did indeed snap up that bubble unwillingly was the hairy (or hirsute, as Jen more accurately described him the other day) Mickey Appelman, his three diamonds being no match for Marco Traniello's two spades Two Diamonds and the subsequent board.

Although in the money, a semi-disgruntled semi-relieved Paul 'Actionjack' Jackson was next to drop, taking home 36th after Scotty Nguyen's 4-5-6-9 on a 2-3-J-A-x board sent the Dusk Till Dawner and his K-K-2-2 packing. As a result, Scotty Nguyen was adding vital chips to his stack, but still no where near the mountain that has formed in front of Tim Phan, the WPT Finalist amassing an incredible 545k via a number of various hands which have seen chunky pots sail his way.

In other Beagle drooling news, Shannon Elziabeth passed, and may have even brushed, my good self, which was a highly exciting experience after seeing her strut her stuff in American Pie and bless the cinema with that mischievous Russian accent. Perhaps we need a Shannon Cam as she attempts her assault on the other Event taking place here today.

Apart from that, the only other shocking news is that we are down to just two double stacked chair sitters (yes, I know, truly saddening) in Robert Mizrachi and Sylvester G. Why Mizrachi requires two chairs I'll never know - it's like giving Karl Mahrenholz a ladder. 

Back to the action, still plenty of people to keep an eye on, including 4 Irishman which has our eyes widened to the 'Clockwork Orange' max in disbelief. I never knew they had that many players!  Grin See you in an hour.

1st  Jonas Flug-Entin -- $645,000
2nd  Steve Sung -- $448,000
3rd  Tommy Ly -- $418,000
4th  Donnacha O'Dea -- $375,000
5th  Tim Phan -- $350,000
6th  Roy Brindley -- $288,000
7th  Patrik Antonius -- $276,000
8th  Kido Pham -- $260,000
9th  Scotty Nguyen -- $240,000
10th Doyle Brunson -- $225,000

courtesy of worldseriesofpoker.com

-----------------------------------------------------------

And the players are in the money. Paul Jackson the first one to go, but earning around $22k.

Joe Beevers is also out, his flush draw failed to materialise against Donnacha O'Dea's trip Aces.

Tim Phan gets a big stack of his chips in against Mateyboy to his right.

Tim:

Matey:

Flop:

"Run it twice!" Exclaims Tim.

Turn:

"Ok ok, can we chop it?" says Matey.

River:

Jack high straight takes the pot.

Jani Sointula has doubled through, his winning vs , all-in on the flop of a three clubs board.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 02:09:49 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 02:10:20 AM »

Couple of hands on there way from Floppy, but before that, the big news is that we're at the redraw period after being whittled down to 27 players. One of those 27 players to fall was the mysteriously named Valta Farina (where's he's from is anyone's guess). He was snipered down by the coolest cucumber in the field, and one of the chip daddies to boot - Jonas Flu-Entin, bearing a name equally as wonderful as the man he eliminated. The hand was a big one, but mainly because it was three-way, Seat 3 and Flug-Entin both calling Farina's all-in re-raise, but Jonas coming up smelling of rose when he bet the Flop with a set of Kings. Farina had Aces and with no third Bullet arriving on Turn or River, that was all she wrote for the man in Seat 1.

Further complicating the language/humour barrier, I asked another blogger for a tongue in cheek chip count of Flug-Entin's ridiculously stacked mound of chips. However, she seemed to take me seriously and started to count them as I desperately tried to tell her that I deemed them impossible to count and didn't genuinely want her to do my donkey work for me. She must have thought I was a right lazy, not to mention cheeky, git.

On another table, Jani Sointula was dealt Aces, but avoided the same fate as the aforementioned, raising pre-flop but folding on the K-Q-T Flop when Patrik Antonius shoveled in some chips. Realising that there was little he was beating (realistically), the hard-to-rock Jani let them go and was rewarded with the sight of a K-T in his fellow's Fin's hands for a superior two pair.

Just one seat along is the Ladbrokes man, Roy 'The Boy' Brindley, proudly bearing the red and white of his chosen online cardroom. That pride soon became a side-point however as he doubled up Norwegian vest-wearing Kristian Kjondal, his A-A-Q-Q suffering a frustrating blow when Kjondal's dominated Q-Q-J-T hit trips on the K-T-T Flop. He was mighty peeved, but similarly relieved to have only lost 50k and still be running relatively strong with 235k.

Now, here's (hopefully) Floppy with some hands...

First Chang Ping Hsing doubles through Will McMahon with the slightly unstellar A-J-8-3 on a J-J-5-2 board, Chang bet the flop and moved in on the turn and McMahon made the call with but couldn't hit his King on the river.

Elsewhere Tim Phan takes two stabs at a board from the big blind, after the small blind checks to him both on the flop and turn, he gets an unpleasant surprise the second time around when he received a full pot check/raise. Quickly mucking his hand, his opponent shows for the turned house.

Jani Sointula gets pushed of a when his opponent bets the full pot on the river.

Donnacha O'Dea is thinking it might be good luck when he picks up exactly the same seat in the redraw and doesn't have to move thanks to his 26-1 shot.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 02:28:58 AM by NoflopsHomer » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 03:10:34 AM »

A combination of the 20 minute break, the snail's pace of play and a reluctance to gamble at a point where the money is close to getting steep means this post is going to be slightly less chunky, but I did make a few observations, one of which was via my eyes at the table, Roy Brindley.

"I don't think much of Andy Bloch," comments Roy. "He's one of the Hold'Em guys who comes over to Omaha without knowing what they're doing. From what I've seen, he has no moves, just an Aces man." Continuing, "I had a chance to get rid of him earlier, but folded my A-K-9-9 double suited when he moved in. Flop came Nine high."

When play had recommenced and a round or two dealt, Roy returned tail between legs. "Seems like I might have been a bit hasty in my previous comments. I just saw him show a 4-5-6-7, and he's played a few other less concrete hands, so maybe he can play a bit after all."

Meanwhile, Roy's neighbour (excluding the Invisible Man in the empty seat) is the impossible-to-hate Donnacha O'Dea, seemingly treating this whole kaboodle like a walk in the park, happily smiling away to himself and never on edge, back against the wall or not. He probably has reasons to be laid-back though today, his 345k stack looking convincingly hefty on a table of relative shorties. He doesn't seem to be putting too many feet wrong either, his last pot being a nice 35k bet into a , his opponent obviously respecting the Irishman's image enough to fold Pocket Aces. What Mr O'Dea had I'll never know, but like veterans such as Mickey Wernick and Doyle Brunson, I'm positive he's concealing moves and a cheeky bag of tricks.

Another Irish player, Sylvester G (I've given up trying to spell his surname) is almost as confident, pretty happy with his 120-130k, if not just a tad frustrated by the lack of opportunities to add to his stack. "I'm doing all right," he added. "You're never a big dog in Omaha, but it's about finding a hand that you're happy with."

Dave Callaghan, Irishman umber 4, is still plugging away with 60k, but will shortly be arriving at that nerve-tingling 'do or die' time.

Finally, and totally unrelated, I learned today that Roy Houghton was the founder (or inventor - not sure what the correct word is) of the double chance.

Remaining Players:

Sylvester Geoghegan
Roy Brindley
Jonas Flug-Entin
Tommy Ly
Steve Sung
Chang Ping Hsiung
Patrick Antonius
Doyle Brunson

Rob Mizrachi
Rene Mouritsen
Marco Traniello
Stephen Lodowsky
Andy Block
Donnacha O'Dea
Scotty Nguyen
David Chiu
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 03:57:39 AM by NoflopsHomer » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 04:29:46 AM »

With just two tables remaining, the pace has naturally slowed down... or s so I thought. After an initial spell of nothingness, the action suddenly picked up and we lost two big names (and one small one) in near consecutive hands, albeit on separate tables. Firstly, a dejected Annie Duke could only look on as her shortstack push with a paltry 9-6-J-9 ran crash bang wallop into Robert Mizrachi and his Q-Q-2-K, the board quickly sealing Lederer the younger's (or elder, I'm not sure now I come to think about it) fate with a K-A-2-5-6 hitting the felt. With a deep sigh, Annie quietly left the arena passing and sharing her woes with Doyle as she left.

Very shortly after, Roy Brindley was playing Terminator, the lesser known Chan Ping Hsiung being the man he was sent to erase. All-in with , Hsiung saw his run in this $10,000 Pot Limit Omaha Event come to an abrupt end when his bet was matched by Roy The Boy and his . Trip Aces and a three clubs board later and Roy was wearing a broad smile across his ever-cheeky face while Hsiung was left congratulate his opponents and hit the bricks. Meanwhile, Roy trotted over to my good self in jubilant mood, adding, "There is a God and he's not always against me." For that one moment, I felt like a messenger for the Gods, the Patron Saint of Poker (not too many bloggers confess to being Saints) perhaps. I shall let them know that Roy is grateful for their aid.

Again, within a short period of time, we had lost another, this time Scotty "You call and it's all over, baby" Nguyen, who, unlike his name, couldn't find a Nguyen (win) when he pushed all-in against Andy Bloch - last year's HORSE runner upperer finding a flush to eliminate the short-stacked former Main Event champion. Now it is "all over, baby!"

Of course, it's not all famous names and big stars here tonight (although there are still several), Stephen Lebowski taking one down for the Mateyboys. All-in with , 'The Big Ledowski', as I like to call him, was treated to a double up on the , quads being just about enough to see off the challenge of Marco Traniello who was vying for his blood. Get that man a White Russian, and I mean the drink!

Finally, the legend himself, Doyle 'I shall play for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever...' Brunson went on a roll that would make a sausage jealous, first pushing 5 players out of a pot when the button raised to 72k and doyle pushed, before defeating Sylvester G in a hand, his T-9 enough to win on a 7-8-6-5-7 board, although the River provoked a check after a 55k bet on the Turn.

More updates in an hour, although I fear the 2 hour dinner break is upon us. Toodle pip!

1st  Robert Mizrachi -- $1,040,000
2nd  Tommy Ly -- $963,000
3rd  Doyle Brunson -- $770,000
4th  Rene Mouritsen -- $741,000
5th  Patrik Antonius -- $645,000
6th  Andy Bloch -- $448,000
7th  Steve Sung -- $370,000
8th  Donnacha O'Dea -- $331,000
9th  David Chiu -- $280,000
10th Sylvester Geoghegan -- $250,000

many thx to worldseriesofpoker.com
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 05:04:46 AM »

We've lost Donnacha O'Dea and Sylvester Geoghegan in the space of one minute.

Donnacha pushed on the turn of a board with Tspades , and Rene Mouritsen made the call with and rivered the .

On a board, Roy Brindley bet out, Steve Sung called and Sylvester Geoghegan made a big re-raise all-in with a hand I couldn't see but held the , Brindley passed and Steve called with two spades turning the , no on the river sends the other Irishman out.

12 remain, final table will be tomorrow.

We are on a dinner break till 10.15pm (6.15am UK)

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 06:59:34 AM »

We're back rocking and rolling, and while we await the dispersement of the final 3 players required for a final table, there's a gentle wave of excitement breezing through the cardroom as people will Doyle into the last nine and, hopefully, an incredible 11th bracelet. Now well into his 70's, Doyle's achievements of late have been mind-numbing, not just in terms of results, but having the stamina to keep up with the young guns in today's game and being able to survive such long and exhausting days. A true marvel.

Back in the midst of the cards, however, not only have we lost Donnacha O'Dea and Sylvester Geoghegan, but we're also mourning the recent departure of Roy Brindley, making it 3 Irish exits in a row. I didn't quite catch the hand that dealt the finishing touches, but whatever the circumstances, Roy looked understandably gutted and perhaps haunted by that old cliche 'so near yet so far'.

Someone who is still running pretty well is David Chui, a very experienced player indeed. He just bet 80k pre-flop only to be called in the Big Blind. Both players checked down the Two Diamonds , Chui showing A-K to take the pot. A dark horse in many events this chap, and possibly one of the favourites here.

On the same table, I noticed that Andy Bloch was complaining about a railer seated on the outside, claiming, "He can see the cards before they're even in my hand." As a result, the Tournament Director asked the railer to stand and his seat was removed. "I just don't want to have to worry about it," added the Robin Williams spit. Fair enough in my opinion, they're playing for the odd buck after all.

Unfortunately, the rectification of the railing situation wouldn't benefit Bloch for very long, as in a matter of seconds he was the next to be eliminated and would soon be joining the member of the audience that he'd just that moment complained about. Raising from the small blind to 80k, Bloch's pre-flop getting-jiggyness was called by David Chui, who also matched the bet when Bloch pushed in for just over 100k on the Two Diamonds Flop. Bloch popped over three diamonds onto the felt, but it simply wasn't enough by the Turn, a card which gave Chui and his two spades a straight. River and it was no Bloch Party for Andy, not this time round anyhow.

As such, the current chip counts (courtesy of worldseriesofpoker.com) look like this:

1st  Tommy Ly -- $1,005,000
2nd  Patrik Antonius -- $970,000
3rd  Rene Mouritsen -- $960,000
4th  Robert Mizrachi -- $900,000
5th  Jonas Flug-Entin -- $630,000
6th  David Chiu -- $620,000
7th  Doyle Brunson -- $505,000
8th  Marco Traniello -- $380,000
9th  Steve Sung -- $195,000
10th  Stephen Ladowsky -- $155,000
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 07:54:06 AM »

It's all over now, it's been a hectic last hour or so.

First Patrick Antonius has Stephen Ladowski and Steve Sung both all-in.

Patrick:

Stephen:

Two Clubs

Steve:

Board:

three diamonds

Stephen trebles up, Steve is really short and ends up afterwards pushing with against and manages to hit a straight and a flush. Shortly afterwards he ends up all-in again with against the of Mouritsen and the board comes .

Tommy Ly limps for 30k, David Chiu raises full pot from the button, the blinds fold and Tommy calls.

Flop:

Two Clubs

Tommy checks, Chiu pushes and Tommy calls.

Tommy:

David:

three clubs

Turn:

David shouts, "Come onnnn..."

River:

David Chiu is OUT in 10th place winning $33,493

The final table will restart tomorrow at 2pm and looks to me like the best final table so far with heavyweights such as Brunson and Antonius should make for an absolutely riveting encounter.

Until then, 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: