blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:52:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Blonde Poker battle of the sexes!
Poll
Question: Should blonde set up a blonde members battle of the sexes tournament? You Decide!  (Voting closed: October 17, 2005, 06:23:10 PM)
Yes, Good Idea - 0 (0%)
No, Bad Idea - 0 (0%)
I don't Care - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde Poker battle of the sexes!  (Read 9171 times)
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2005, 05:07:30 PM »

rather than a team event as such can I suggest we have a limited entry MTT. gather as many willing female players as possible and then select the same number of men. then play the tourney as individuals and compare male v female results afterwards.

great idea Adam, i would defo prfer this way.

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2005, 02:52:59 AM »

Just look at the  team the guys could put up

Tikay
TonyG
Elblondie
Joe Beavers
Thewy
Chili
Junior
WSOP
Harry d
Rumet

The list is endless

Regards

M

I cant believe i nearly missed this thread!  You know what M Power, if you are waiting for some big reaction from me regarding me being man, woman, girly, trani or whatever else i have been accused of on this forum, then you can carry on waiting.

All i want to say is THANKYOU! Where else could i end up on a list amongst great (and greatish) poker players like the one above.  I also congratulate you on your foresight because one day i will end up TOP of a list like that and purely for poker ability not for breasts or no breasts or dangly bits or no dangly bits!  Wink

End of convo

Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2005, 04:23:13 AM »

All i want to say is THANKYOU! Where else could i end up on a list amongst great (and greatish) poker players like the one above.  I also congratulate you on your foresight because one day i will end up TOP of a list like that and purely for poker ability not for breasts or no breasts or dangly bits or no dangly bits!  Wink

End of convo

Now THAT is what i have been waiting for one of the ladies on this forum to say!!! and VERY well said Chilli, my thoughts exactly thumbs up. If the men feel like they need to prove something then I'm happy to play them, but I feel that I need to prove nothing.

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2005, 04:28:35 AM »

Then why get excited when someone says something like "your the last woman in the comp"?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2005, 04:32:49 AM »

Is that directed at me???, I will admit last night in the blonde tourny, Trace thought briefly that I was the last woman in, and yeah ok I thought it a bit cool, but in the end last woman means sod all, last player however DOES.

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2005, 04:35:04 AM »

Who was the last woman? She ought to get a special mention  Grin

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2005, 04:39:41 AM »

It's true though, you did last night. Now why? are u competing in a diffrent 'class'??

Whilst women still play ladies only events, and contiue to accept awards/attention for being the last lady in you will continue to be treated as a lower class of player.

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2005, 04:46:47 AM »

Standing by, in the corner with bandages and smelling salts.

ding ding ... round two

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2005, 04:56:24 AM »

Possibly because we ARE often treated as 2nd class players, and often before a single hand is played.

Example, Barcelona 1000 euro FO, I take a seat on a table full of men, nothing unusual there at all, did i get a hello? silence? a nod even? nope, I had 2 men tell me that I would be the first player to leave the table Angry Well, I was happy enough not to bite at this, instead I crippled one, and took the other out thumbs up

ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2005, 04:57:38 AM »

but what happened with the poker? Wink

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2005, 04:59:42 AM »

Applies smelling salts to ifm's nose and sticks bandages in his mouth to avoid further injury

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2005, 05:00:47 AM »

LMFAO.

suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2005, 05:26:22 AM »

woooooooohooooooo n1 girl
Possibly because we ARE often treated as 2nd class players, and often before a single hand is played.

Example, Barcelona 1000 euro FO, I take a seat on a table full of men, nothing unusual there at all, did i get a hello? silence? a nod even? nope, I had 2 men tell me that I would be the first player to leave the table  Well, I was happy enough not to bite at this, instead I crippled one, and took the other out
Put me on the list
Heid
Nuuuuu Meeeeja Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2005, 11:07:04 AM »

I tell you boys something .. if you have ever been treated some of the ways us girlies have been treted at a card table, you'd undertand - Ginger - I know where you are coing from (well done BTW!)

The number of times I have sat down somewhere, and was treated with contempt until I crumpled someones ego with some good cards - THEN I get treated like a human being Smiley

Why do you lot think we like it here so much??

Cause you are decent to us and treat us like equals (apart form this thread you cavemen!!<g>). I've been to a lot of forums and this is pretty much the only one where it happens - hence why I parked my arse here Smiley

If you haven't travelled down the same road as us, you really can't tell us how bumpy it is Smiley

We'll see you boys on the tables!

Heid
xx

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no bubble; there is the Final Table.
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2005, 11:16:01 AM »

That sort of attitiude just smacks of sexisim and should not be allowed, personally I quite like the female sex, too such an extent that I once wanted to be one, I find nothing better than cooking ironing and washing up and if my wife let me I would gladly carry out all these tasks.

So you see the  life of the male is not all easy, the frustrations that are caused by not being able to do the things I love, be grateful that you can do these things any time you like. 0:-)

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: