blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:09:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Opinions welcome!?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Opinions welcome!?  (Read 1194 times)
sovietsong

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2007, 11:57:44 PM »

25c 50c, both players just over the max buy in.

Im on the button with , a loose/crazy player raises to $1.75, i call, blinds pass

POT - $4.25

Flop

Villain bets out $5, i raise to $20 he calls.

POT - $44.25

Turn is

He pushes all in for $30, i have him covered.

POT - $74.25 (less rake)

I really would appreciate comments about the way i played this hand, im trying to improve my cash game and i would like to know how people would play this differently, i recon most will say pass preflop but thats out of the question!  If you had called how do u play it on the flop/turn!

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 12:38:24 AM »

As this is the level I play I can give advice on how I'd play it (not saying it's the right way though!). 

Against maniacs I like to keep the pots as small as possible, unless I hit it very hard.  They're unlikely to lay a hand down, give you credit for a good holding, etc.  So you only want to go to war with them with a big hand. 

I don't mind the call on the button with your hand - if you hit, it's going to be disguised and he'll probably end up paying you off handsomely.  But if you miss, or are still drawing, I'd hit the brakes and not try and 'outplay' him - he's oblivious to what you're thinking and trying to achieve.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 01:23:36 AM »

Only thing I'd personally do differently is not raise so much on the flop. That looks a big raise to me, given the size of the pot and the stacks - you're basically telling him to go away or play for all his stack. You've let the pot get out of control. If he's missed the flop completely, then I'd have thought a raise to $12, or even a min-raise, would have a similar chance of making him fold. If he calls, then the pot's only $24-28, and still just about under control. If he reraises then you can at least get em in first and spare yourself the decision. The smaller raise might also look stronger to him, like you want him to call.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 11:04:41 AM »

Only thing I'd personally do differently is not raise so much on the flop. That looks a big raise to me, given the size of the pot and the stacks - you're basically telling him to go away or play for all his stack. You've let the pot get out of control. If he's missed the flop completely, then I'd have thought a raise to $12, or even a min-raise, would have a similar chance of making him fold. If he calls, then the pot's only $24-28, and still just about under control. If he reraises then you can at least get em in first and spare yourself the decision. The smaller raise might also look stronger to him, like you want him to call.

Thank you great point about the re-raise, i called figuring that i had 17 outs, i made the call i think it was marginal, but looking back the pass was correct.  He was a weak player and i expect a better spot would have come up later.  He had 88...and it held.

If i had called the flop or RR small i doubt he pushes the turn, if i hit as you say he prob pays me off.

Cheers for the advice fellas!

PS

Crongrats on Mod Kin

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 01:09:06 PM »

At those stakes i wouldnt even bother playing tricky. Stick to the pairs and AK/AQ.

I like the way you played it, but he has outplayed you with his filthy K9. You cannot call the final bet.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 11:23:01 AM »

he had 88, i liked my call, i shouldnt have reraised so much on the flop, and defo shouldnt have called his push, even though its very marginal ev wise! 

Thanks for your comments!

SS

johnbhoy76

It's f***in boring after a while without the cards

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 03:31:57 PM »

25c 50c, both players just over the max buy in.

Im on the button with , a loose/crazy player raises to $1.75, i call, blinds pass

POT - $4.25

Flop

Villain bets out $5, i raise to $20 he calls.

POT - $44.25

Turn is

He pushes all in for $30, i have him covered.

POT - $74.25 (less rake)

I really would appreciate comments about the way i played this hand, im trying to improve my cash game and i would like to know how people would play this differently, i recon most will say pass preflop but thats out of the question!  If you had called how do u play it on the flop/turn!

I think you've played it all right up until the turn.

But I think you need to let it go now.

You do have 15 outs with one card to come and so have about a 30% chance of making your straight or flush.

The problem is that he might be drawing to a bigger flush (in which case a club is no good for you)  or he might already have made a staright (in which case the 3 or 8 is no good for you)

Haven't read the other replies yet but I think you should let this go on the turn

And yeah, I'd love to tell you all my problem
You're not from New York City, you're from Rotherham
So get off the bandwagon, and put down the handbook
Yeah, yeah, yeah
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 03:39:36 PM »

I don't mind the flop reraise so much, i'd be trying to get him allin on the flop and that's the best way to do it!!!
I agree though that once you are faced with the turn bet it's time to let go.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
JoeStrummer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 08:04:09 PM »

Too much of a raise against a nutter, king negates the call.

“When you’re down on your chips, pick your spot and push. In fact I can’t remember the last time I was behind pre flop when I have done this; unfortunately the rest is up to the gods” A. Mason 2007
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: