blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:42:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1534 1535 1536 1537 [1538] 1539 1540 1541 1542 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6334879 times)
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23055 on: July 28, 2011, 03:56:23 PM »

And you can find a photo of me somewhere on here if you really want to http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/ukipt/2011/ukipt-newcastle-day-1b-level-3-updates-b-082683.html
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23056 on: July 28, 2011, 04:04:27 PM »

And you can find a photo of me somewhere on here if you really want to http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/ukipt/2011/ukipt-newcastle-day-1b-level-3-updates-b-082683.html

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #23057 on: July 28, 2011, 04:10:53 PM »

I'd have gone more along these lines based on the pic above

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23058 on: July 28, 2011, 04:14:57 PM »

Tyvm! That was the one I obliquely referred to earlier as a more flattering celebalike. Sadly I think Tikay is probably nearer the mark....
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23059 on: July 28, 2011, 04:19:17 PM »

Here are the "dividends" for the Tikay Las Vegas venture.
Staking pool: $10,000
Actual outlay: $7,230
Winnings: $4,293

I have converted back to sterling at the original exchange rate of 1.62 as agreed.

Name                 % stake   Refund
Greeky -              1   £43.60

Aaron (Machka)     5   £217.99

Anon #1*          10   £435.99

Ryan (scotty77)   2   £87.20

Nakor               0.5   £21.80

Curtis (Sheriff)      1   £43.60

Phat Lad (Dyl)      3   £130.80

Dan Brown         1   £43.60

Irene (Trip5)      1   £43.60

Anon # 2**       1   £43.60

Nick (ripple)        2   £87.20

MerePedant       5   £217.99

Methuselah        1   £43.60

Sharon              2   £87.20

Barry Carter        1   £43.60

DingDong            1   £43.60

Holdy                1   £43.60

SicilianDonk         1   £43.60

TiltBeam             1   £43.60

Maria D              1   £43.60

Mondy               2   £87.20

Chompy            5.5   £239.79

EvilPie              1   £43.60

Total @ 11.20pm Sunday = 50%    50   £2,179.94
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 04:21:25 PM by MereNovice » Logged

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23060 on: July 28, 2011, 06:11:25 PM »

Thanks Vince.

If the stakers could PM me their Bank Details, I'll make the necessary transfers over the weekend.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23061 on: July 28, 2011, 06:59:33 PM »

Vegas was Hedonism City, loved it.

Glad I dieted before I went, as I never felt fatigued, though I did suffer from sleep deprivation towards the end, it's just not possible to do 20 hour days back to back for a month, not at my age, anyway.

Flew home on same flight as Flushy, LeKnave, Middy, Brammer, Keys etc.

Was sat next to James Keys, & was intrigued to see he was using a Kindle. Nice piece of kit. I had a little play with it, quite taken by it, light, very easy to read, flick pages, & a little icon tells you what % of the book you have read.

I mused on buying one, but eventually decided a "real" book was the real deal. They hold, I heard, up to 3,500 books, which is extraordinary. I have about 5 bookshelves at home, & my book count is not much more than 1,000, at a guess, & they've taken a lifetime to assemble. There is a certain warmth in "real" books on a bookshelf, & in the end I decided that I'm too old & stuck in my ways for Kindles.

I read yesterday that Kindle book sales from Amazon.co.uk outnumber real books by 2 to 1, ditto in America. 10% of ALL UK book sales are now digital, too. The times they are a changing.

Mr Keys, by the bye, was reading something - fiction one assumes - by Jane Austen, which, for some reason I can't explain, greatly surprised me.

I had not spent much time with James previously, & he's one of those people like Jen Mason, when in their company you suddenly feel inadequate, & cerebally challenged.

He sleeps like a log & snores, I can tell you that, I could barely hear myself read.

Flushy, of course, was "in the nose" - in the First Class Cabin. He invited me up "but you must wear a jacket".

I never noticed that "keyboard" on James's Kindle though, maybe I missed it, or perhaps James had a newer/older version. Clever bit of kit, must be said.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #23062 on: July 28, 2011, 07:02:47 PM »

Did I just have a post deleted here Tony? On my phone so dint know I'd it posted or got rook off

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23063 on: July 28, 2011, 07:03:24 PM »

Took off

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23064 on: July 28, 2011, 07:09:42 PM »

It was midday Tuesday when we landed, so I swerved the Kindle Shop, & went & purchased an i-Pad2 instead. I got the 64 megathing version.

Wow!

Even wower, I got it from an "Apple" Shop, & they have taken retailing to a whole new level, it's like Harrods v Aldi, or 'Stars v UB, they really looked after me.

One geezer showed me the kit, how it worked, & then another kid set it all up for me, & I've had 4 or 5 "everything ok?" e-Mails from them since.

I'll never visit a High Street "Currys" again. I always say "is it plug & go?", & they say "yeah". Meaning, no.

Sadly, everything is NOT Ok, as I'm struggling to reconcile my Apple Password & Username from 10 years back, & so I cannot get Online. I've gone round in circles for days, & it's doing my head in, to be honest, but they e-Mail me daily trying to sort it. To be fair, it's probably User Error.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 07:14:42 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23065 on: July 28, 2011, 07:11:37 PM »

Took off

Like an aeroplane?

No, not that I'm aware of.

Were you being as subtle as a half-brick again?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23066 on: July 28, 2011, 07:12:30 PM »

Did I just have a post deleted here Tony? On my phone so dint know I'd it posted or got rook off

No, Mr Herberr, norhing has been rooken off.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23067 on: July 28, 2011, 07:25:23 PM »

It was Wednesday before I got home after just over a month away, & it was junk-mail city, I've never sen so much junk-mail on the doormat.

Spent all day sorting stuff, including an hour at the bank, as I'd brought (bought?) home a lump of (someone else's) money, & it was a bit awkward to carry around.

I had some $$$'s left over, too, but I kept them, only about $2k, but fingers crossed, I'll be going back in November.

I tried looking up the November Venetian & Caesars Deepie Schedule yesterday, but it's not been published yet, from what I can see, so I can't book the flights yet. The flights look plenty dear, but I'm not used to having to pay, as the Company normally do that. Marv.

Wednesday evening it was all the way back down to London, ready to return to work.

Driving up & down the tree-fringed M1 was like heaven. There is almost no greenery, trees, or birdlife in Vegas, & you don't miss it at first, but eventually I yearned to see some beautiful trees in full foliage, & the birds flying hither & thither. I stopped off @ Luton Hoo going south, & there was the heron again, sitting there quietly.

He never caught any rabbits, though.

Do you think this has been photoshopped?

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23068 on: July 28, 2011, 07:38:21 PM »

lol taken. will pm you as it mentions a name

i saw a heron dead in the corner of a lake once and there were hundreds of fish swimming round it. someone told me that their feet secrete something that attracts fish and is why they can just stand in the shallow water waiting for fish to swim by

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23069 on: July 28, 2011, 07:47:16 PM »

Spent all (last) Thursday prepping for my first Live Show for over 5 weeks, & despite the fact I'd recorded over 100 interviews to camera in Vegas, I was as nervous as a kitten, & so hyped up that I was all excited & shouty-wouty, almost pe-ejaculating sorta thing. But feedback suggests I got away with it, or almost.

James Atkin, aka "MC" was the Guest, & he was abso superb. Good articulation, looked at the camera, concise hand analysis, projected his voice well, excellent in every respect.

He was using hardcore poker language - standard stuff on blonde - but not to 95% of the recreational poker population, so every time he said "barrel", "peel", "check to induce 3 bet then snap raise" or whatever, I could innocently & wide-eyed ask ""barrel?", James, what that mean?", & he sussed it straight away, so we worked right through the lingo. I threw in a few "backraises" to tease him, too.

Next day, google alerts threw up a Blog on a website that said "Atkin was a great guest on 865 last night, but lol @ the old fella not knowing what "barrel" & "peel" means, what a twat".....yup, that'd be me then.

Kudos to James, he really was first class, & he gets a return invite.

Pages: 1 ... 1534 1535 1536 1537 [1538] 1539 1540 1541 1542 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: