blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 06:56:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272979 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1573 1574 1575 1576 [1577] 1578 1579 1580 1581 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6395866 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23640 on: November 12, 2011, 10:39:06 PM »

def a twin

You moved tables Dom, cant find you at previous table? ( that's not a rub, if you have bust!).

Your pep talk inspired me, and I grew a pair - small, admittedly - and hero'd a shove, for once. 36,000 and Table Captain.*

* Allow me some licence, it's not often I crush.

Just have to avoid my usual trick of going to sleep and nursing my stack now. Poke me in the eye if I do. Nice scarf, by the way, super super sick, that.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #23641 on: November 12, 2011, 10:42:59 PM »

You will soon know if ivor s on your table mate he's a bit loud at times but a great guy underneath his loud front
He will have or will havehad 5 bloody marys for breakfast maybe on gin n tonics or piña coladas with extra rum !
Kev is quieter but plays well/ strong game
And they are both English !
In a room with a lot of Americans it shouldn't be too difficult both are over 40and pretty average guys gl
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23642 on: November 12, 2011, 11:39:38 PM »

Bad beat story.

Woke up & started to select my "Last Man Standing" selection for today - only to realise the time difference meant I was too late. Bollox!

£20 down the swanee, super super sick, I hate Lederer, I hate poker, et al.

Last man standing wasn't on this week!

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #23643 on: November 12, 2011, 11:44:26 PM »

Tikayyy!

wanna get dinner tonight?

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #23644 on: November 12, 2011, 11:48:23 PM »

Bad beat story.

Woke up & started to select my "Last Man Standing" selection for today - only to realise the time difference meant I was too late. Bollox!

It was off this week wasn't it ? I'll take half your winnings when you binkkkkkkkkk, kthxbye.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23645 on: November 12, 2011, 11:51:45 PM »

Bad beat story.

It was off this week wasn't it ? I'll take half your winnings when you binkkkkkkkkk, kthxbye.

9 mins too late monda, see above Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23646 on: November 12, 2011, 11:51:59 PM »

Bad beat story.

Last man standing wasn't on this week!

Ooh, how good do I run?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23647 on: November 13, 2011, 12:01:33 AM »

Tikayyy!

wanna get dinner tonight?

Yo chap.

Not sure I can, am caked up in the noon Venetian at the mo, though accidents can happen when peeps play as aggro as me.....

Don't be leading me astray with any of that degenerate stuff in your latest blog, I'm a practising life nit. Macdonalds, indeed.....

Will tweet and fb it tonight, was too busy this morning, that should click up a good few blog hits.

Will keep you informed as to how it goes here, but I don't have my phone with me, am trying to break the addiction.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #23648 on: November 13, 2011, 12:02:40 AM »

Bad beat story.

9 mins too late monda, see above Smiley

FFS, your such a fukn dogooder, twat.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23649 on: November 13, 2011, 01:12:30 AM »

Oh my, run better.

Called a raise to 1,300 (300/600/50) in my bb.

The 3 hands, and the flop, tell the story.

Me,  

Raiser  

Caller 

Flop?

No subtle stuff here, the lot went in, and I held.

Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23650 on: November 13, 2011, 04:08:14 AM »

Re the staking for this trip - I did send you a message as I was interested but didnt see anything posted about it. I guess I've missed the "opportunity" this time.

All returns from the previous trip were paid.

Shame you missed Luke Schwartz on the show last night. Or didn't miss...

Ahh, sorry I missed the message, I'm really struggling to keep up with everything right now.

Happy for you to have a "fun" sweat if you wish, if so, we should begin as & from tomorrow, there's not much point you buying a share of my first 5 (busto) Tourneys!

The remaining schedule for me is.......

Saturday 12th - $340

Sunday 13th - $1,070

Monday 14th - $340

Tuesday - $340, but will probably swerve it & play the $550 PLO instead.

Wednesday 16th - $340

Thursday 17th - $340 Noon, OR $340 PLO8

Friday 18th - $550

All the $340's are re-entries, but I've never needed a 2nd bullet yet, & am unlikely to, am too nitty, but if taken, will assume cost to be added. The ones dearer than $340 are NOT re-entries.

It is not impossible that I may decide to stay on & play the $2,500 on Sunday 20th, but only if I win a seat in the Saturday $275 Super Sat.

You can take a bit of the whole package, or mix & match to suit yoiuself, up to you. If it's a bit pricey, no worries, & even if you only want 1%, it's fine.

I think it may not be wise to include my cash games, even though they are currently the only way I'm getting any cake, but it gets awkward, not knowing how much I'll invest, & also, it can't be validated, unlike the Tourneys where I keep all the receipts.

Payment can wait until I next see you if you so wish - you have AAA+ Credit Rating from Moody's & S & P, just like Lehman Brothers did.......

PS - Really appreciate the help you gave to Cos Senior with his internet connection, etc.

Ah, I've just seen this, haven't been online too much over the last few days. 

Can I have 5% of all your tournaments from Saturday until you return?  It's Sunday now, but I've not checked to see if you're still in the Saturday tournament, I'll naturally assume you're on the final table already. ;-)

Credit line apreciated, no subprime to be seen in my vicinity.  I'll do a bank transfer when you know the balance as I won't see you until December in Newcastle.

No problem with the internet connection help on the forum.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23651 on: November 13, 2011, 04:29:41 AM »

Re the staking for this trip - I did send you a message as I was interested but didnt see anything posted about it. I guess I've missed the "opportunity" this time.

All returns from the previous trip were paid.

Shame you missed Luke Schwartz on the show last night. Or didn't miss...

Ahh, sorry I missed the message, I'm really struggling to keep up with everything right now.

Happy for you to have a "fun" sweat if you wish, if so, we should begin as & from tomorrow, there's not much point you buying a share of my first 5 (busto) Tourneys!

The remaining schedule for me is.......

Saturday 12th - $340

Sunday 13th - $1,070

Monday 14th - $340

Tuesday - $340, but will probably swerve it & play the $550 PLO instead.

Wednesday 16th - $340

Thursday 17th - $340 Noon, OR $340 PLO8

Friday 18th - $550

All the $340's are re-entries, but I've never needed a 2nd bullet yet, & am unlikely to, am too nitty, but if taken, will assume cost to be added. The ones dearer than $340 are NOT re-entries.

It is not impossible that I may decide to stay on & play the $2,500 on Sunday 20th, but only if I win a seat in the Saturday $275 Super Sat.

You can take a bit of the whole package, or mix & match to suit yoiuself, up to you. If it's a bit pricey, no worries, & even if you only want 1%, it's fine.

I think it may not be wise to include my cash games, even though they are currently the only way I'm getting any cake, but it gets awkward, not knowing how much I'll invest, & also, it can't be validated, unlike the Tourneys where I keep all the receipts.

Payment can wait until I next see you if you so wish - you have AAA+ Credit Rating from Moody's & S & P, just like Lehman Brothers did.......

PS - Really appreciate the help you gave to Cos Senior with his internet connection, etc.

Ah, I've just seen this, haven't been online too much over the last few days. 

Can I have 5% of all your tournaments from Saturday until you return?  It's Sunday now, but I've not checked to see if you're still in the Saturday tournament, I'll naturally assume you're on the final table already. ;-)

Credit line apreciated, no subprime to be seen in my vicinity.  I'll do a bank transfer when you know the balance as I won't see you until December in Newcastle.

No problem with the internet connection help on the forum.

Booked, Aaron, including Saturday's (today's) Tourney, which I'm happy to include, obv. We began at Noon today (its now 8.15pm), 424 began, around 95 remain, 45 paid, & we are a shade north of average, so we at least have a sweat, though I seem to go top 100 every day, but can't get over the line.

I'll send you some Bank Details in due course, but happy to wait until I have finished my schedule as I won't know the total spend until then, & we can settle up retrospectively. I'll Post details of how I'm going on here daily. To confirm, you are on for everything from here on in, including the $340 I am currently playing, so your current liability is a whole 17 bucks.

Nice connection between "subprime" & Lehman Bros, , wp you! I'm just reading a book about the Subpirme debacle, & all the CDO's & CDS's, incredible stuff the way the whole house came tumbling down, my oh my they got well & truly stuffed by Paulson, Lipperman, Eisman & co. When greed & stupidity, coupled with poor management discipline & lack of decent control techniques are in the mix, the outcome is fairly predictable.

OK, play resumes in 10 mins, I gotta toddle off.

doogan

View Profile
« Reply #23652 on: November 13, 2011, 11:58:47 AM »

ive put up a new thread on it, but this seems your kind of thing. Amazing vid
http://vimeo.com/32001208

<--------------- prick
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23653 on: November 13, 2011, 05:12:09 PM »

ive put up a new thread on it, but this seems your kind of thing. Amazing vid
http://vimeo.com/32001208

Good grief, that's stunning. We live on such an amazing planet, a huge world, yet most of us live in a very small little world of our own.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23654 on: November 13, 2011, 05:19:25 PM »

Once again, I messed up yesterday, 6 off the money.

During the Dinner Break I had to steel myself not to freeze, as I often do near the money, & to "go for it". I was playing 23 Bigs, so could sleep to the Cash if I wanted. It worked really well, I went for it, & was busto within a single orbit.

I set a shortie in, (he had 11 Bigs), shorties never have a hand, & my A-Q failed to hold against his audacious attempt to bully me with K-K.

Paid my Blinds, had 11 Bigs & decided to open the next open spot with atc, which I did with 9-10, & the BB made the obligatory call with K-J.

I would NEVER have done that a year or two ago, in fact with 25 Bigs & 50 players left, I would have backed myself to Final with at least 4 Bigs. Now I have gone all silly.

0 from 6 it is, then.

Happy with my game yesterday, though, I have never been so active, & I think I played pretty good, by my standards, anyway. I have Dom to thank - or is it blame? - for that.

Next case.

Pages: 1 ... 1573 1574 1575 1576 [1577] 1578 1579 1580 1581 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: