blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 01:11:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272824 Posts in 66757 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1576 1577 1578 1579 [1580] 1581 1582 1583 1584 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6378842 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23685 on: November 14, 2011, 03:53:23 PM »

Very entertaining reportage Mr Kendall      ....      has the Sickillian bought any 'tasteful t-shirts' yet?

hasn't bougt any in the first 42 years of his life, hardly gonna start now is he?

chompy pish top count please tikay? how many blue ones has he worn?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23686 on: November 14, 2011, 05:09:13 PM »

A pretty impressive murmuration video from a boat beneath it - http://vimeo.com/31158841
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23687 on: November 14, 2011, 06:58:27 PM »

A pretty impressive murmuration video from a boat beneath it - http://vimeo.com/31158841

Oh my, Aaron, that is breathtaking - thank you!

For reasons I cannot begin to explain, if you go to the Sussex coast in January each year - Brighton Beach is where I saw it - the same thing happens, tens of thousands of starlings, all doing there murmaration thing.

The wonders of nature, eh, how can we ever understand or explain some of these things?

Hope you dont mind, but I'm going to Tweet that, too.

PS - LOVE that word, too - "murmuration".

PPS - Sadly, I must report, that I busto'd early, & badly, in yesterday's $1,070 jobbie.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23688 on: November 14, 2011, 07:10:23 PM »

Very entertaining reportage Mr Kendall      ....      has the Sickillian bought any 'tasteful t-shirts' yet?

hasn't bougt any in the first 42 years of his life, hardly gonna start now is he?

Chompy has worn the same Peterborough United replica football shirt evey day so far, though he claims they are different ones. Why would anyone buy one, never mind several?

Sadly, I must report the missed photo opportunity of a lifetime on Saturday. Chomps, & a very well-constructeded, though slightly top heavy young lady, in her mid-twenties, were seen in close proximity for 20 minutes or so, & then I saw Chompy sheepishly pay her a wad of dollar bills. 100% fact. Just saying.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23689 on: November 14, 2011, 07:11:46 PM »

First time I have seen the word "tasteful" & Sicilian in the same sentence.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23690 on: November 14, 2011, 07:22:00 PM »

Chompy has worn the same Peterborough United replica football shirt evey day so far, though he claims they are different ones. Why would anyone buy one, never mind several?

Sadly, I must report the missed photo opportunity of a lifetime on Saturday. Chomps, & a very well-constructeded, though slightly top heavy young lady, in her mid-twenties, were seen in close proximity for 20 minutes or so, & then I saw Chompy sheepishly pay her a wad of dollar bills. 100% fact. Just saying.....

lol @ chompy needing 20 minutes with a well constructed lady.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23691 on: November 14, 2011, 07:24:34 PM »

Good luck with the rest of the trip Tony.

Flying back today, already looking forward to the next Deepstacks in Jan 2012

Thanks Simon, & I hope your journey home was uneventful. I worry about flying, when our destination is alway known as the "terminal".

Not running so good, or maybe not playing so good - hard to tell the difference sometimes - in the Deepies, though I actually think my luck has been a shade on the negative side in the Tourneys. However, it's been the precise opposite in the Omaha cash games, & I played my 3rd Omaha cash session yesterday, & booked my 3rd straight (small) 4 figure win. I hate to suggest the opponents are of dubious quality, but nut-peddling, patience, & extreme good fortune to come up against players who never believe I have it does help, I suppose.

Quick tale from yesterday's Omaha. Geezer, sitting quiet as a mouse for the previous hour, suddenly check-raises. So we know his hand precisely, yes?

I call with 8-9-T-J ds, & we see a flop of 2-6-7, & it all goes in between he & I. I get there - obv - & now he gets a bit arsey with me. "Nice catch Sir" (always an insult, that one!) "when I check-raised pre-flop, my first Raise in an hour, what exactly did you put me on?".

"Umm, aces?"

"Exactly, so how can you call with no pair?"

Anyway, enough of the chirping, it was grand to see you out here, & looking so well, too.

If I may ask, how is your health now? What a testing few years you have endured, never once complaining, & all that hassle you had to endure to organise medical treatment each time you visited Vegas, my respect for how you handled that is immense. I hope it is all a thing of the past now. Oh, & your silver hair colouring is rather cool, too....

January 2012 Deepies? I've enjoyed the break so much, I am genuinely considering returning inJjanuary &/or April, God willing.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23692 on: November 14, 2011, 07:29:46 PM »

boring (thinly veiled flying visit brag) question alert

- is it still jumper weather?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23693 on: November 14, 2011, 07:30:36 PM »

Overslept today, not feeling too good, & an absolute mountain of e-Mails & PM's, which I've tried to clear, but I'm out of time now, so the Diary replies will need to wait a little while, sorry.

I'll save for later my embarrassment at how I got myself in a right tangle with A-K in Level 2 or 3 yesterday of a 15k chip, 1 hour clock, affair. Got to be said, I was not expecting the 5 bet, & by then, the stacks sizes had me in a bit of a hole.......had Dom not been sitting next to me, I would deffo have bottled it! Anyway, I'll bore you with that butchery later.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23694 on: November 14, 2011, 07:31:29 PM »

oh and please follow "LettersOfNote" on twitter, you'll love some of them

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23695 on: November 14, 2011, 07:31:43 PM »

Very much so!

Currently a quite chilly 13c, & that's as warm as it has been all trip.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #23696 on: November 14, 2011, 08:36:36 PM »

Good luck with the rest of the trip Tony.

Flying back today, already looking forward to the next Deepstacks in Jan 2012

Thanks Simon, & I hope your journey home was uneventful. I worry about flying, when our destination is alway known as the "terminal".

Not running so good, or maybe not playing so good - hard to tell the difference sometimes - in the Deepies, though I actually think my luck has been a shade on the negative side in the Tourneys. However, it's been the precise opposite in the Omaha cash games, & I played my 3rd Omaha cash session yesterday, & booked my 3rd straight (small) 4 figure win. I hate to suggest the opponents are of dubious quality, but nut-peddling, patience, & extreme good fortune to come up against players who never believe I have it does help, I suppose.

Quick tale from yesterday's Omaha. Geezer, sitting quiet as a mouse for the previous hour, suddenly check-raises. So we know his hand precisely, yes?

I call with 8-9-T-J ds, & we see a flop of 2-6-7, & it all goes in between he & I. I get there - obv - & now he gets a bit arsey with me. "Nice catch Sir" (always an insult, that one!) "when I check-raised pre-flop, my first Raise in an hour, what exactly did you put me on?".

"Umm, aces?"

"Exactly, so how can you call with no pair?"

Anyway, enough of the chirping, it was grand to see you out here, & looking so well, too.

If I may ask, how is your health now? What a testing few years you have endured, never once complaining, & all that hassle you had to endure to organise medical treatment each time you visited Vegas, my respect for how you handled that is immense. I hope it is all a thing of the past now. Oh, & your silver hair colouring is rather cool, too....

January 2012 Deepies? I've enjoyed the break so much, I am genuinely considering returning inJjanuary &/or April, God willing.

Trip back was the usual Vegas to UK one, time crawled by but safely home in misty cold Nottingham....

Really enjoyed Venetian and ticked off another ambition to Final Table a Venetian Deepstack (albeit in HORSE not NLHE).

Think I'll be giving the Big O a spin next visit as the limit O8 games were frustating in the extreme.

Health kidney-wise is fine, on 3 monthly check ups which is some advance of 3 times a week dialysis and sure gives one a perspective on so called poker "bad beats".

Whats left of the hair is deffo silver now Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #23697 on: November 14, 2011, 08:37:08 PM »

Very much so!

About the same as here then, I played golf today.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23698 on: November 14, 2011, 08:38:50 PM »

Very much so!

About the same as here then, I played golf today.

I had lunch in the garden yesterday, ridic warm for mid november.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23699 on: November 14, 2011, 08:48:03 PM »

Official Statement.

It has been pointed out to me that my comments as to Chompy, the well-constructed young lady, and his payment to her, may have been misconstrued, and suggested I may have in some way cast aspersions on his character.

It was not my intention to impugn his integrity in any way, and I am happy to clarify that in fact the young lady was employed by a Massage Parlour.

I hope that clarifies the matter.

Pages: 1 ... 1576 1577 1578 1579 [1580] 1581 1582 1583 1584 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: