blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:40:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296070 times)
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2007, 08:26:52 PM »

disgraceful imo
RioRodent

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2007, 11:19:53 PM »

You will find that the tournaments that are widely reagrded as the best with regards to price, chips, clock and blind structure also tend to have the least juice... Wynn, Venetian, Bellagio, Ceasar's.

My personal favourites are the noon and 8:00 pm tourneys at Venetian, now that they will be back to normal following their Deepstack Extravaganza series.

£10 to £10k Challenge

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2007, 11:21:36 PM »

You will find that the tournaments that are widely reagrded as the best with regards to price, chips, clock and blind structure also tend to have the least juice... Wynn, Venetian, Bellagio, Ceasar's.

My personal favourites are the noon and 8:00 pm tourneys at Venetian, now that they will be back to normal following their Deepstack Extravaganza series.

Thanks, that's good advice & noted.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
UpTheMariners

We Only Sing When We're Fishing

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2007, 11:38:53 PM »

i wonder how much % they take out for the wsop?

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2007, 12:01:06 AM »

TK

Binions have a nice little $10k guarantee comp, $150 buy in.

Also, smaller buy in, their $70 + $40 rebuy comp aint too bad either - managed to chop one of those 5 ways Wink

Thanls Paul, I'll try that.

In '05, we were Updating the WSOP Semi-Final I think - maybe the Final, & it finished very late. Jen, bobby1 & myself all dashad across to Binions & played in  $150 Freeze that began at Midnight, but you could enter up to 2am. bobby1 & myself both Finalled, & they played it on the "old" Binions Final Table, a sort of backlit-on-a-plinth affair, huge fun. bobby1 - image total Rock - Raised my Blind, & I passed showing 6-5. He showed 5-4. Never forgiven him, never will. I think I got $2k for 5th or something, but I'm 1 from 1 there!

What I loved about that comp is that we were full of banter the whole comp thru and the Americans were great fun and playing along too. Two nights later we were standing in Subway in the Nugget when a guy taps me on the shoulder and says'I was on your table in Binions the other night and it was the most fun ive had in a comp in the 3 weeks ive been here, I lost my cash but but it was such great fun'

I thought that was a lovely attitude to have.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 12:03:44 AM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2007, 12:04:45 AM »

Tony, you must try and play at the Wynn. I think there is a $500 in the afternoons about three times a week.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2007, 12:06:27 AM »

TK

Also, smaller buy in, their $70 + $40 rebuy comp aint too bad either - managed to chop one of those 5 ways Wink

In '05, we were Updating the WSOP Semi-Final I think - maybe the Final, & it finished very late. Jen, bobby1 & myself all dashad across to Binions & played in  $150 Freeze that began at Midnight, but you could enter up to 2am. bobby1 & myself both Finalled, & they played it on the "old" Binions Final Table, a sort of backlit-on-a-plinth affair, huge fun. bobby1 - image total Rock - Raised my Blind, & I passed showing 6-5. He showed 5-4. Never forgiven him, never will. I think I got $2k for 5th or something, but I'm 1 from 1 there!

What I loved about that comp is that we were full of banter the whole comp thru and the Americans were great fun and playing along too. Two nights later we were standing in Subway in the Nugget when a guy taps me on the shoulder and says'I was on your table in Binions the other night and it was the most fun ive had in a comp in the 3 weeks ive been here, I lost my cash but but it was such great fun'

I can barely remember having more fun in a Tourney.

It took a while to warm the Americans up, we had to rev 'em up for a bit, but it was soon laugh-a-minute stuff. One geezer named me "English Toff"......!

Great memories Phil, & I hope one day you & me can do Vegas again.

Luckily, I'll have Compo with me, so it should be cool this time, too.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2007, 12:15:10 AM »

TK

It took a while to warm the Americans up, we had to rev 'em up for a bit, but it was soon laugh-a-minute stuff. One geezer named me "English Toff"......!

me too mate, you forgot to mention the funniest hand, you joined the comp 1 hour and 55 mins into it and could rebuy once or top up in the first two hours, after getting anted away whilst away you moved all in the first hand and doubled up with kq, you then won another hand and finally took your top up 5 mins after joining the table and you had about 4k more chips than me and I had played the whole comp!!

Compo will be a great companion and dont forget he must be an expert on the US racing too so a feww boxed exactas and the like might earn you a few quid.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 12:17:13 AM by bobby1 » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2007, 12:19:51 AM »

Tony, you must try and play at the Wynn. I think there is a $500 in the afternoons about three times a week.

My "tick list" includes Bellagio - never played there - & Wynns.

We went to Wynns with the Poker 425 crew to do inteviews for a Charity Event, & I interviewed a whole bunch of names - Hansen, Lederer. Liebert, Raymer, Moneymaker, Ivey, Mr Ulliott, Brunson, Ferguson, the lot - we were stuck behind a Velvet Rope Barrier, like a Holywood Premier, with 5 or 6 other film crews, & we had to grab them as they came through.

Penn & Teller were there, & I "did" the big one. "Charity Poker Touney tonight Penn" (or Teller, I forget) -  "are you gonna weave your magic tonight?" I hopefully asked. "No", said the big man, "we are here to play poker".......oops.

The sight I remember most though, was Jac Arama arriving. It's a Monkey Suit do, Red Carpet, everyone announced by name as they arrive, "and next - Phil Ivey bla bla bla" - then they get interviewed by us hacks, thrusting our microphones over the barrier, "quick word please Mr Whoever..." sorta thing.

We were just de-rigging, everyone was already there we thought, when suddenly in trundled Jac Arama, bless his heart - in jeans, & carrying a Tesco carrier bag! He did an interview, too. I said "what's in the carrier-bag Jac?". "Rebuys" said he, & off he toddled......!

Some character is Jac.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2007, 12:23:55 AM »

My "tick list" includes Bellagio - never played there - & Wynns.

We went to Wynns with the Poker 425 crew to do inteviews for a Charity Event, & I interviewed a whole bunch of names - Hansen, Lederer. Liebert, Raymer, Moneymaker, Ivey, Mr Ulliott, Brunson, Ferguson, the lot - we were stuck behind a Velvet Rope Barrier, like a Holywood Premier, with 5 or 6 other film crews, & we had to grab them as they came through.

Penn & Teller were there, & I "did" the big one. "Charity Poker Touney tonight Penn" (or Teller, I forget) -  "are you gonna weave your magic tonight?" I hopefully asked. "No", said the big man, "we are here to play poker".......oops.

The sight I remember most though, was Jac Arama arriving. It's a Monkey Suit do, Red Carpet, everyone announced by name as they arrive, "and next - Phil Ivey bla bla bla" - then they get interviewed by us hacks, thrusting our microphones over the barrier, "quick word please Mr Whoever..." sorta thing.

We were just de-rigging, everyone was already there we thought, when suddenly in trundled Jac Arama, bless his heart - in jeans, & carrying a Tesco carrier bag! He did an interview, too. I said "what's in the carrier-bag Jac?". "Rebuys" said he, & off he toddled......!

Some character is Jac.

Was it also Jac that we saw speeding down the Rio corridor in one of those motorized buggies that some of the elderly visitors can hire??

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2007, 12:24:00 AM »

TK

me too mate, you forgot to mention the funniest hand, you joined the comp 1 hour and 55 mins into it and could rebuy once or top up in the first two hours, after getting anted away whilst away you moved all in the first hand and doubled up with kq, you then won another hand and finally took your top up 5 mins after joining the table and you had about 4k more chips than me and I had played the whole comp!!

Compo will be a great companion and dont forget he must be an expert on the US racing too so a feww boxed exactas and the like might earn you a few quid.

Yup, I arrived just before the 2 hours were up, & had to move in blind. I ran my KQ into AK & hit the Q, then 8-8 into Aces, & hit a straight....

I was a bit more loose in those days, nowadays I just sit there like a rocky rock surveying the scene, qiute happy just to be at the table. But I love it.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2007, 12:26:04 AM »

TK

Yup, I arrived just before the 2 hours were up, & had to move in blind. I ran my KQ into AK & hit the Q, then 8-8 into Aces, & hit a straight....

I was a bit more loose in those days, nowadays I just sit there like a rocky rock surveying the scene, qiute happy just to be at the table. But I love it.

It was - he went round that "chicane" (sort of bendy bit) in the Rio corridor flat out, & folks were junmping out of the way in fear of their lives. He reckoned he'd broken his leg so had to use it. That much was true, motorbike accident I think, bad one too.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2007, 12:54:42 AM »

The Cattery just rung to say Angell is fine.

It must be hell for folks with dogs, when they go on holiday.

Never again.

Cats go to cattery's, dogs go to doggery's. It's the people with bugs I feel sorry for.

The older I get, the better I was.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2007, 01:10:01 AM »

Never again.

Cats go to cattery's, dogs go to doggery's. It's the people with bugs I feel sorry for.

Sod 'em.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2007, 01:13:36 AM »

Never again.

It must be a right pain in the arse.....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: