blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:51:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
TightEnd and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6297151 times)
phatomch

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2007, 09:54:25 AM »

I know you are knocking on a bit but a bit of music cant be that bad I would complain about the constant harrasment by the people trying to give you cards for whores, evan when you are holding hands with the girlfriend.

or the sound of so many Americans in a confined space ,I welcome the music as it covers the noice they make.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2007, 10:03:50 AM »

I know you are knocking on a bit but a bit of music cant be that bad I would complain about the constant harrasment by the people trying to give you cards for whores, evan when you are holding hands with the girlfriend.

or the sound of so many Americans in a confined space ,I welcome the music as it covers the noice they make.

It's not "a bit" of Music I object to, it's 24 hours a day, loud, mishy-mushy "soft rock" music being imposed upon me, whether I like it or not. At breakfast, dinner, in the lifts, toilet, cafes, coffee bars, lobbies, car parks, there is no escape. I like to choose what I listen to, & when, not have it forced upon me. It astonishes me that folks are ready to listen to any crap, 24 hours a day. Do you not prefer to choose your own music, & when to listen to it, or are you happy to accept what you are obliged to listen to? Surely a thinking person has tastes & preferences? Do you REALLY want to listen to someone's else's taste in music? The question is rhetorical, because as a thinking being, you don't - you CAN'T!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2007, 10:07:16 AM »

The "constant harassment" by the (mainly) Mexican workers handing out cards, is bearable, though a nuisance. The guys are not in your face, but yes, you have to weave round them. They wear placards "Strippers To You"......!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2007, 10:07:56 AM »

have you met elvis yet?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2007, 10:20:33 AM »

have you met elvis yet?

Elvis? You jest.There are HUNDREDS of them here, all with Pink Cadallics, cashing on on the name. It's just bizarre. I actually sat in a Tourney in Scotland - £1,000-er - with a bloke dressed as Elvis a few weeks ago. Nobody knew where to look, it was so embarrassing!

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2007, 11:15:20 AM »

I really do understand what you mean about the music in PH, too much in your face or rather ears in this case. I detest any sort of shopping, be it food or clothes shopping and it makes me even more mad when I go into the shops to purchase clothes and there is all sorts of crap blaring out of the speakers, gets me even more tense, always has done, I get to point where i think i will explode so end up walking out and not bothering to purchase just to get some peace.

Still think the Buffett is great though..xxx

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2007, 05:10:04 PM »

Bloody hell, i was at Planet Hollywood for 10 days and never noticed the music!!  Maybe I was just so focused on getting out of there every day to play elsewhere!  Thought the cardroom at PH was too small. 

Also NUN, Yihaa another female who thinks like me.  I too detest shopping in all its forms, i've even taken to online food shopping cos I cant bear going to supermarkets anymore. As for clothes shopping (especially with other females) I would rather rip out the hairs on my head one by one than adhere to this bizarre female ritual!!

My my I am in fine fooling today...

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2007, 05:46:24 PM »

great pics and reports mate.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bone1986

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2007, 05:58:07 PM »

If you don't like music, then make sure you stay away from the MGM card room after 4.30 in the afternoon, it's absolutely banging for five minutes every half hour. I love it in there very fishy. 

"There are two types of people who pray; those who pray in Church and those who pray at the poker table. The only difference is that those who pray at the poker table really mean it."
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2007, 06:31:56 PM »

If you don't like music, then make sure you stay away from the MGM card room after 4.30 in the afternoon, it's absolutely banging for five minutes every half hour. I love it in there very fishy. 

Is that when the bar staff dance on the bar?!! Brilliant!

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2007, 07:02:26 PM »

Is there music in the card rooms?

The older I get, the better I was.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2007, 07:07:46 PM »

Some of the card rooms are not very segregated Tom, so can be noisy, Ceasers is away from the hustle and bustle as well as Winns  and a few others too. Never saw the dancing on the bar in a poker room although it is at Coyoti Bar in New York New York, but saying that, i  never played in the MGM.

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2007, 09:28:20 PM »

The MGM card room is right by the sports bar and the dancing girls get it going every now and again....very loud, plus the tv's showing lots of different games all in one room.
There was a whale playing poker and he wanted to watch the horses so all the tv's were showing different horse races very loudly
Shogun112

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2007, 09:01:39 AM »

Hehe, when we were at Planet Holywood, while playing poker, there is a bar very close to the room, and in that bar,  we thought we could hear karaoke...!!!  Absolutly shocking and way too loud...  Absolutely horrible noise..!! Everybody was looking around wondering what the incessant squeeling was that was interupting our poker game..!!  During our 5 minute break walked over to have a look and was told that it was the hired act not a Karaoke..!!!  Shocking..!!!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 09:14:54 AM by Shogun112 » Logged
OatFedGoat

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2007, 10:11:54 AM »

There was also an "interesting" sequence involving Rhow. The suite had a "hot-tub" on the spacious balcony,  so Rhow, biking-clad, did her link from in the hot-tub, with the rest of us all averting our gazes. Well, most of us. Well worth watching, I'm told.......

Who let the dirty perv into the hotel room that peered leered around the corner at Rhowena in the hot tub?!

Poker Week was great this week. Nice to get a sense of the atmosphere out there.

For those who "have friends in America who can record stuff and send it over" ESPN has started to screen some coverage now on TV. I think so far they have got as far as the $1500 NL event 5 or so. I believe the Main Event coverage will be screened over there on August 21.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: