blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 10:32:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2110 2111 2112 2113 [2114] 2115 2116 2117 2118 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6388039 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31695 on: March 25, 2013, 06:29:36 PM »

I added enboldenment to the italics.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31696 on: March 25, 2013, 06:32:47 PM »

Probs too subtle for all but me & bobbleHat,

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #31697 on: March 25, 2013, 06:35:41 PM »

the most beautiful human being that ever lived.

Click to see full-size image.

Yes, but heroes & aspirations have to be attainable & realistic. I can aspire to Jemina, (though I am currently faithful to ), but you are way above my league.

Playing cards all night, rock & roll lifestyle, even the Kids post on your Diary. Legend.

As Nelly Pledge used to say, "You haven't had the pleasure of me yet have you?"

That picture could have been taken at The Golden Nugget in '09 most mornings.

Apart from the Crown Derby mug that it.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31698 on: March 25, 2013, 06:35:41 PM »

Yes, but heroes & aspirations have to be attainable & realistic. I can aspire to Jemina, (though I am currently faithful to ), but you are way above my league.

Playing cards all night, rock & roll lifestyle, even the Kids post on your Diary. Legend.

There was a rather sexy scene in the bedroom of a cheap hotel in Southend many years ago, when we roomed, & I'm hurt you had forgotten it.

You had just risen, we had both got to bed at 6am & were playing again at Noon, & you were not, umm, looking your best. (Hate having to add the italics, spoils the purity of the jibe, but we have some innocent & naive readers).  

And then you lost........that "dummy cigarette" you always had clamped between your jaws. Absolute uproar until it was found, nestling in one of your socks. Without a moments hesitation you stuck the dummy back in, you were back to normal.

I frequently wake at night, sweating profusely, when I think of the scene. I could have had you then, & I missed my chance.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 06:46:33 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31699 on: March 25, 2013, 06:37:18 PM »

Probs too subtle for all but me & bobbleHat,

Only intelligent folks can handle subtlety, as I read somewhere today.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31700 on: March 25, 2013, 06:45:29 PM »

Am fairly sure Dave announced king high, then paul mucked. Maybe even both of them. Dave done nothing wrong, that's for sure.

If thats the case then nothing is wrong other than Lambert mucking.

Dubai doesn't have to announce or do anything.

He called, and it is now the other guy's turn to act and he elected to muck.

This.

I don't necessarily agree with this sentiment.

As played out Dubai hasn't done anything wrong as, as stated by Celtic, he announced K high so Lambert was foolish in not checking the kicker.

As noted by Tikay it read as if Dubai was waiting until the cards were finally mucked before exposing his own cards. Okay nothing against the rules of the game but def a bit douchey if played that way intentionally.

There was no ill-intention. It was Paul to show, & in Dubai's shoes, we want the ability to muck face down when in a spot like that, which was the intention.

I can't think of anyone less likely to act douchey in a hand of poker, unless there was some bad blood involved, and there was not.

It is possible, as others have said, that Dubai saud "K high" & Paul mucked, but I don't recollect that, & I certainly never heard it, & I was the only non-playing observer who saw the hand play out.

The more i think about it, the more I think both declared K high. I actually thought Paul said 10 high, and Dave K high. But I'm sure they both declared their hand.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31701 on: March 25, 2013, 06:47:51 PM »

There was a rather sexy scene in the bedroom of a cheap hotel in Southend many years ago, when we roomed, & I'm hurt you had forgotten it.

You had just risen, we had both got to bed at 6am & were playing again at Noon, & you were not, umm, looking your best. (Hate having to add the italics, spoils the purity of the jibe, but we have some innocent & naive raders).   

And then you lost........that "dummy cigarette" you always had clamped between your jaws. Absolute uproar until it was found, nestling in one of your socks. Without a moments hesitation you stuck the dummy back in, you were back to normal.

I frequently wake at night, sweating profusely, when I think of the scene. I could have had you then, & I missed my chance.

Sigh...

Another kiss & tell story. Is nothing sacred?

These days, my naked body and Southend have something in common.

Everyone knows where it is, but no one wants to go there.

PS- So much sleaze in this thread.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31702 on: March 25, 2013, 06:49:52 PM »

Am fairly sure Dave announced king high, then paul mucked. Maybe even both of them. Dave done nothing wrong, that's for sure.

This.

As played out Dubai hasn't done anything wrong as, as stated by Celtic, he announced K high so Lambert was foolish in not checking the kicker.

As noted by Tikay it read as if Dubai was waiting until the cards were finally mucked before exposing his own cards. Okay nothing against the rules of the game but def a bit douchey if played that way intentionally.

There was no ill-intention. It was Paul to show, & in Dubai's shoes, we want the ability to muck face down when in a spot like that, which was the intention.

I can't think of anyone less likely to act douchey in a hand of poker, unless there was some bad blood involved, and there was not.

It is possible, as others have said, that Dubai saud "K high" & Paul mucked, but I don't recollect that, & I certainly never heard it, & I was the only non-playing observer who saw the hand play out.

The more i think about it, the more I think both declared K high. I actually thought Paul said 10 high, and Dave K high. But I'm sure they both declared their hand.

Maybe, yes, but that was not the point of the story at all.

I suck at telling stories, I think, as everyone misses the point.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #31703 on: March 25, 2013, 06:51:19 PM »

Did he demonstrate his patented sock-removal tekkers?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31704 on: March 25, 2013, 06:54:44 PM »

That picture could have been taken at The Golden Nugget in '09 most mornings.

What a great trip that was Ralph. We were so well suited. We agreed about everything.

I learned so much too, especially about shvitzing & lobster toymidor....

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31705 on: March 25, 2013, 06:55:14 PM »

Lol. I thought everyone did that.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31706 on: March 25, 2013, 07:03:38 PM »

story pls!
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #31707 on: March 25, 2013, 07:04:51 PM »

This.

Maybe, yes, but that was not the point of the story at all.

I suck at telling stories, I think, as everyone misses the point.

I think you nailed it with your last post  Smiley

Ah! The element of surprise
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31708 on: March 25, 2013, 07:06:57 PM »

story pls!

Ralph! Noooooo!

Leave me some dignity.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #31709 on: March 25, 2013, 07:29:44 PM »

story pls!

I first have to mention that Red came back to our room somewhat sleep-deprived after back-to-back long sessions at the Nugget's juicy $1/2 tables in the company of The Trapper, The Duke, Bruce Lee et al with only a short sleep in between. It did somehow coincide with my own somewhat less demanding schedule as I usually went to sleep several hours before him otherwise I would not have witnessed this occurrence which is not unlike the Aurora Borealis in terms of strange sock-removal phenomina.

Red staggered into the room, disrobed quicker than a ten-dollar whore and then slid his feet backwards on the carpet to remove them before bending at the knee slightly in what must have been a well-rehearsed motion and flicking his socks nonchalantly over his shoulders onto a nearby chair.

He then uttered one word "tired" and got into bed.

I swear he was sound asleep before his head hit the pillow and he looked very much like the image in that picture when I brought him his cuppa twelve hours later.

Pages: 1 ... 2110 2111 2112 2113 [2114] 2115 2116 2117 2118 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: