blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:32:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2184 2185 2186 2187 [2188] 2189 2190 2191 2192 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6335202 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32805 on: June 05, 2013, 06:18:02 PM »

Think that 4pm PLO on the 14th is optimistic. We land in Vegas 2-2.30? Then an hour or so at the airport, then taxi (or limo as Dylan is paying I think) then checking in etc!

Reckon ill give either the big bounty at the Venetian a spin - think it starts at 7?

They have "Late Reg" (I assume) Ryan, & it's PLO8, so missing a level or so won't make much odds, these things play very slowly. If I am too late, I'll go play some PLO8 cash somewhere, The Rio probably, & also collect my WSOP Registration Card & Media Pass & stuff.

The Virgin flight to Vegas has been very punctual lately, too, getting in at 1.30 Vegas quite often. Today's flight took off at 11.45, 20 mins late, but they build an extra hour into the flight time (for punctuality stats) so it will still arrive at around 1.45. Not that I check these things daily, like......

Today's flight now due to land @ McCarran at 1.28pm.

That'd do nicely.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #32806 on: June 05, 2013, 06:19:25 PM »

Get bags at 3:14?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32807 on: June 05, 2013, 06:24:02 PM »

My algorithm - same one I use for all the blonde competitions, unerringly accurate, suggests 14.57 and 32 seconds.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32808 on: June 05, 2013, 06:32:16 PM »

Surely Jeeves just gets the bags as you waltz through security instantly.

also apologies was away when I received your pm will make my payment later on this evening.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #32809 on: June 05, 2013, 06:39:17 PM »

My algorithm - same one I use for all the blonde competitions, unerringly accurate, suggests 14.57 and 32 seconds.

An hour and a half for customs? Are you in the posh seats?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #32810 on: June 05, 2013, 07:07:25 PM »

A celebrity of his magnitude? I would imagine so Smiley

Tikay - do you want the cash for the package up front or settle up on return? (I will send you my ME monies on Friday morning) If the latter, put me down for 2% of Package 3. If the former, Package 2 - only because I have set the money aside already and can't add to it as am going to the Download Festival next week.
Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32811 on: June 05, 2013, 10:30:48 PM »

Investors Update, continued

That schedule looks like coming to around $6,500 - $7,000.

I think I had indicated a max spend of around $5,000, & so I suggest each investor (Doobs excepted, his deal is agreed) can decide between any of three packages, as follows.

Option 1

They just take their % in the 4 Events which were enboldened, the 4 biggest Events. They come to $4,300.

Option 2

Take a LESSER % at the same cost in the total basket. (So, 5%, which would have cost $250, becomes 3.6% of $7,000).

Option 3

Take the requested % in the whole package, expected to cost $7,000 or so.

I will send PM's to everyone shortly.

Can I stick with Option 3 plus a 5% Main Event add on if possible?

Like you always say, it's $, it's not even real money.

I wasn't aware of the other Main Event thread, I'm only 352 days behind the times!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #32812 on: June 05, 2013, 11:12:20 PM »

Just seen this being discussed on the telly:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/03/cambridge-law-exam-question_n_3379645.html

Essentially, the first year Cambridge law exam paper on criminal law contained a question that was rather graphic (funnily enough, most of the sexual offence problem questions are). To be fair, it is very graphic, but it is also not implausible. I read a case worse than that which students answering that paper would be expected to recall in answering it.

The news presents it as horrifying.

Is it the subject matter that makes it worse?

Big_D

View Profile
« Reply #32813 on: June 06, 2013, 12:46:25 AM »

Option 3 please Gramps

Works out cheaper anyway as I thought you were basing it on $10,000 and not $5,000

I think between everything I will end up owing you a small amount but I may as well hold on to that for future last longers anyway.

Ship It!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32814 on: June 06, 2013, 12:50:09 PM »

A celebrity of his magnitude? I would imagine so Smiley

Tikay - do you want the cash for the package up front or settle up on return? (I will send you my ME monies on Friday morning) If the latter, put me down for 2% of Package 3. If the former, Package 2 - only because I have set the money aside already and can't add to it as am going to the Download Festival next week.

Hi Adam,

Will send you a PM as to payment terms.

Assume it is confirmed that you have 2% of Option 3.

Thanks.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32815 on: June 06, 2013, 12:57:11 PM »

Investors Update, continued

That schedule looks like coming to around $6,500 - $7,000.

I think I had indicated a max spend of around $5,000, & so I suggest each investor (Doobs excepted, his deal is agreed) can decide between any of three packages, as follows.

Option 1

They just take their % in the 4 Events which were enboldened, the 4 biggest Events. They come to $4,300.

Option 2

Take a LESSER % at the same cost in the total basket. (So, 5%, which would have cost $250, becomes 3.6% of $7,000).

Option 3

Take the requested % in the whole package, expected to cost $7,000 or so.

I will send PM's to everyone shortly.

Can I stick with Option 3 plus a 5% Main Event add on if possible?

Like you always say, it's $, it's not even real money.

I wasn't aware of the other Main Event thread, I'm only 352 days behind the times!

Hi Aaron.

5% of Option 3, BOOKED!

I'll drop you a note (PM) about the 5% of the Main. It IS available, & I'd be delighted if you took it, but 5% = $500, that's a lot of money, & I'm not sure I rep value & I'd not feel so good if you lost that much money down to me.

For now, however, the 5% for the MAIN is reserved pending my PM & your reply, & the 5% of Option 3 for Non Main Event is booked.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32816 on: June 06, 2013, 01:00:44 PM »

Option 3 please Gramps

Works out cheaper anyway as I thought you were basing it on $10,000 and not $5,000

I think between everything I will end up owing you a small amount but I may as well hold on to that for future last longers anyway.

Enough of the rubs Welsh Bloke.

Option 3 BOOKED.

Payment by Offset.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32817 on: June 06, 2013, 01:30:52 PM »

Vegas Investors Update

Think we are almost there now.

The Non-Main Event package is as detailed a few days ago.....

June 14th. 4pm, VENETIAN, PLO8, $600

June 15th, 2pm, BINIONS, PLO8, $200.

June 16th, Noon, GOLDEN NUGGET, PLO8, $230

June 17th, Noon, RIO, WSOP PLO8, $1,500

June 18th, Noon (?), Caesars Palace, PLO8, $240

June 19th, Noon, GOLDEN NUGGET, PLO, $230 OR RIA, PLO, $340

June 20th, 2pm, BINIONS, PLO, $300

June 21st, Noon (?), CAESARS PALACE, 6 Max PLO, $240

June 23rd, 2pm, BINIONS, PLO8, $200

June 24th, 4pm, VENETIAN, Big O, 5 card PLO8, $1,100

June 26th, Noon, CAESARS PALACE, PLO8, $240

June 28th, 4pm, Venetian, PLO8, $1,100

June 29th, 2pm, BINIONS, PLO8, $200

July 3rd, Noon, CAESARS PALACE, PLO8, $240

I suggested 3 different options, but as far as I can see, everyone has opted for Option 3, which is x% (varies) of $7,000. If I have misunderstood, please let me know.

So, as I understand it, this is the Team. I am awaiting final confirmation from 2 folks on this list, but I only just asked them, so may be a day or so yet.

Ralph 5%

Aaron (Machka) 5%

Mere 5%

Welsh Bloke 5%.

Liverpool fan 2%.

sharplea, 2%

Knottikay, 1%

Trip5 - 1%

Supernova 1%

Now for the bad news - I shall be sending you Bank Details for Payment shortly. ;(

Doobs, has "only" taken action in 3 specific Tournaments, details seperately.

He has....

20% of the $1,500 WSOP PLO8 on June 17th.

10% of the Venetian Big O on June 24th.

10% of the Venetian PLO8 on June 28th. 

Doobs payment is by Offset.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #32818 on: June 06, 2013, 01:50:15 PM »

I can't find the post to quote now, and I can't recall if you replied to it but was just musing on some stuff and was reminded a question posed on here a few weeks back asking if the criteria upon which you judge 'success' had changed over the years. going to stick my own two-penneth worth in Smiley

16 or so years ago I had a well paid job with prospects, my own 3 bed house, a brand new car on the drive, could afford meals out and holidays pretty much as and when. At the time, I considered myself to be doing very well, as those were the measures I used.

fast-forward to 2013. I earn less money now then I did then. I live in a run down rented flat with fixtures and fittings older than me. I can't afford to run a car and things like meals out and trips to the hairdresser are a rare luxury. Life-wise though, I am happier than I've ever been. Over the course of the intervening years, as well as losing my 'status and it's symbols', I've gained a huge amount which is of much greater value: an amazing daughter with whom I have a fantastic relationship, some very good friends-for-life, and a fiance who I love with all my heart, who has helped me finally acrually understand the phrase 'my other half'.

Would I rather be feeling lonely in my own garden, or with loved ones in a field? miserable in traffic in my own car, or sat on the bus smiling?

The recent death of someone very close made me ponder, as these things do, my own mortality. No one mentions at funerals how much money x had or how big their house was. They remember someone's smile, their generosity, their contribution to society, their love of life. Sure, some people 'have it all' but if I can only have a bit I'm very happy with my lot right now.

So, my definition of success these days would = happiness, love, healthy relationships, self-contentment, and being the best person you can be.

ask me again in 2033 and I might have a completely different definition Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32819 on: June 06, 2013, 02:02:29 PM »

Wow, that's lovely to hear, Claire.

I think I replied to the Post at the time, but I'll check back & see, as I feel a little guilty now, as I doubt my reply was as inclusive as yours.

I CAN say, in brief, that when I'm at home, indoors, I'm as happy as anyone can be. Interacting with the entire range of "others" is a mixed blessing, a lot of pain, & a huge amount of pleasure, in the case of the latter, given & taken I hope.

If I had to settle for one or the other, I'd be just fine navigating the rest of the journey solo. The world of Online is a most peculiar place. One day I'll click the "Off" Button & never turn it back on again, & that'll be just fine. So much of my pleasures come from Online, it must be admitted, but I could very well cope without.

Bulging bookcase, reasonable health (mental & physical), enough money for beans on toast every day, dog with a limp, job done.

Think I'd have to retain the ability to use the internet though. I spend so much time finding out new stuff via google, I'd struggle without that. I bet I research at least ten new people or things (to me) every single day.

Cliffs - That's a shite answer, & I need to think about the question deeper, clearer & better.

Pages: 1 ... 2184 2185 2186 2187 [2188] 2189 2190 2191 2192 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: