blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 09:07:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272929 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2305 2306 2307 2308 [2309] 2310 2311 2312 2313 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6390056 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34620 on: July 23, 2013, 12:21:25 PM »

I coined "Have chips" Will Fry.

Very good indeed.

6/10.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #34621 on: July 23, 2013, 12:24:37 PM »

I coined "Have chips" Will Fry.

Very good indeed.

6/10.

Self given nicknames don't count.

I never have or never will call Mr Trumper "Aces".

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #34622 on: July 23, 2013, 12:25:42 PM »

Seems apposite.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #34623 on: July 23, 2013, 12:40:45 PM »

Did you see the Town Crier announcing the birth yesterday Tony?

I would love to know how the rest of the world view something like that, do you think they see it and go 'That is so very British, aren't those Brits quaint' or 'Why have they got a Brian Blessed soundalike and asked him to shout about the birth'

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34624 on: July 23, 2013, 12:53:47 PM »

Did you see the Town Crier announcing the birth yesterday Tony?

I would love to know how the rest of the world view something like that, do you think they see it and go 'That is so very British, aren't those Brits quaint' or 'Why have they got a Brian Blessed soundalike and asked him to shout about the birth'

No, I missed it Phil.

Johnny Foreigner takes a very odd view of the Brits, from what I gather on my travels. Can't say I blame them. 

Whatever must they think of that chap who is in charge of Swan Upping, & the whole Swan Upping thing? (Note to Kettle Diary - now that is TOPICAL, this week is "Swan Upping" week. Read & learn, & admire the seamless interface).

PS - Phil, hope you are resting up that gammy leg of yours.

PPS - We somehow ended up with about £300 quid on Bog Brother. What is happening to me?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #34625 on: July 23, 2013, 01:01:32 PM »

I like self bestowed: "The Dazzling"

Now THAT one was perfect, even though he gave it to himself.

The Dazzling Cornelius

I haven't seen Dazzling for years, ever since he was barred from the Broadway after abusing a dealer.

Ah! The element of surprise
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34626 on: July 23, 2013, 01:02:24 PM »

(Note to Kettle Diary - now that is TOPICAL, this week is "Swan Upping" week. Read & learn, & admire the seamless interface).

People of your vintage shouldn't use the words 'seamless' and 'face' in the same sentence.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34627 on: July 23, 2013, 01:08:17 PM »

The Dazzling Cornelius

I haven't seen Dazzling for years, ever since he was barred from the Broadway after abusing a dealer.

I would imagine a lot of the Broadway regulars were very sad to hear he was barred......

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #34628 on: July 23, 2013, 01:16:19 PM »

The Dazzling Cornelius

I would imagine a lot of the Broadway regulars were very sad to hear he was barred......

He once performed the most remarkable card trick I've ever seen.

Picked up a deck, seemed to shuffle it thoroughly.

Then dealt out 6 x 5 card poker hands, each one slightly better than the previous one, culminating with a royal flush as the last one.

It really was amazing stuff.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #34629 on: July 23, 2013, 01:16:52 PM »

The Dazzling Cornelius

lol. I've since got used to the fact that I'll never see the £15 I lent him again Smiley

Ah! The element of surprise
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #34630 on: July 23, 2013, 01:18:44 PM »

This was the vid of the Town crier I liked the most, the Aussie guy doesn't really know what to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn_rGRaMnvk

Have been vegging for two days and going to give the leg a workout this afternoon, much better now tx.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34631 on: July 23, 2013, 01:18:44 PM »

The Dazzling Cornelius

lol. I've since got used to the fact that I'll never see the £15 I lent him again Smiley

Console yourself that you are in good company.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34632 on: July 23, 2013, 01:19:30 PM »

The Dazzling Cornelius

He once performed the most remarkable card trick I've ever seen.

Picked up a deck, seemed to shuffle it thoroughly.

Then dealt out 6 x 5 card poker hands, each one slightly better than the previous one, culminating with a royal flush as the last one.

It really was amazing stuff.

He did that stunt every time I saw him, & I still don't know how he did it.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34633 on: July 23, 2013, 01:22:15 PM »

This was the vid of the Town crier I liked the most, the Aussie guy doesn't really know what to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn_rGRaMnvk

Have been vegging for two days and going to give the leg a workout this afternoon, much better now tx.

Ha!

To be fair to the Aussie chap, it is all a bit cranky.

JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #34634 on: July 23, 2013, 01:24:51 PM »

I've been trying to put together an article for Bluff on nicknames for a while now. I used to love it as a new player that everyone on LNP had nicknames, the Rock, the Bandit, the Devilfish, Gentleman, the Pink Lady (!), Debbiefish (!!).

Have to admit tho, when I first played with Simon Trumper and he proclaimed 'That's why they call me Aces' as he slowrolled some poor sap who's three bet shoved, managing to make the brave call, I started to go off them. Not enough nicknames about these days, all the young kids who have moved from online to live (and therefore started off as nicknames) don't have any good ones. Toby, Jake, Pez, Brammer, Moorman, Grafton all need good nicknames, and I don't mean the Squid, which means nuthin, or any of those nonsense ones!

As I've said before on TfT, my love of nicknames comes from these sporting greats, now three not two, with Billy Twelvetrees (36) joining Fitz Hall (One Size) and John Eales (Nobody - as nobody's perfect) as the best.

Congrats to Mr Elegance (and the boys) tho, one of the real good guys, always been very kind and friendly to me and a true gent
Pages: 1 ... 2305 2306 2307 2308 [2309] 2310 2311 2312 2313 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: