blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:48:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2459 2460 2461 2462 [2463] 2464 2465 2466 2467 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6335226 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36930 on: April 07, 2014, 03:06:55 PM »

definetely great way to spend couple hours. 3 mates have barges so have spent a fair amount of time messing about on that stretch of river.

they live on eel pie island in twickenham, the stretch from kingston to richmond is a nice trip,by boat or on foot.

think you would enjoy having a wander round eel pie island.  big dry dock where they repair boats etc plus loads of v small workshops which have an open day every summer.

big nature reserve on the far side as well. have taken friends there from up north and they cant believe its london. likewise bushy park etc.  great part of the city.

I think that'd be a lovely walk, actually, I assume there is a riverside footpath from Hampton Court to Richmond?

I know Eel Pie Island quite well, been there several times down the years, used to go to rock concerts there back in the day.

Quite an interesting recent history, too, with mysterious fires, "invasions", & all sorts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eel_Pie_Island

During my last diet, I was on a bit of an exercise kick, & I walked along the river side from Hampton Court to right down to the lovely new bridge @ Walton-on-Thames. Reckon that is about 30 miles. Each way. Took me a fortnight to recover.

Bushy Park, too, England at it's finest, with Deer & other animally things roaming around.

Did I get whooshed here? It's about 5 miles isn't it? About 90 mins walk?

Innocence is charming because it offers delightful possibilities for exploitation.

Mason Cooley

The older I get, the better I was.
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36931 on: April 07, 2014, 03:07:48 PM »

definetely great way to spend couple hours. 3 mates have barges so have spent a fair amount of time messing about on that stretch of river.

they live on eel pie island in twickenham, the stretch from kingston to richmond is a nice trip,by boat or on foot.

think you would enjoy having a wander round eel pie island.  big dry dock where they repair boats etc plus loads of v small workshops which have an open day every summer.

big nature reserve on the far side as well. have taken friends there from up north and they cant believe its london. likewise bushy park etc.  great part of the city.

I think that'd be a lovely walk, actually, I assume there is a riverside footpath from Hampton Court to Richmond?

I know Eel Pie Island quite well, been there several times down the years, used to go to rock concerts there back in the day.

Quite an interesting recent history, too, with mysterious fires, "invasions", & all sorts.

During my last diet, I was on a bit of an exercise kick, & I walked along the river side from Hampton Court to right down to the lovely new bridge @ Walton-on-Thames. Reckon that is about 30 miles. Each way. Took me a fortnight to recover.

Bushy Park, too, England at it's finest, with Deer & other animally things roaming around.

Innocence is charming because it offers delightful possibilities for exploitation.

Mason Cooley

Excellent. Thanks for clearing that up.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36932 on: April 07, 2014, 06:12:49 PM »

Damn you Alun, I say, damn you.

I got that through, even Red-Dog fell for it until you drew attention to my minor dissimulation.

To be fair, I did do a degree of meandering en route. Can we call it 20 miles, yeah?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36933 on: April 07, 2014, 06:51:10 PM »

Apologies! I was down at Hampton Court just the other day (I don't live too far away) so it just caught my attention.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36934 on: April 07, 2014, 06:59:56 PM »

Apologies! I was down at Hampton Court just the other day (I don't live too far away) so it just caught my attention.

Fate intervened, or I'd have got it through.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36935 on: April 07, 2014, 07:47:29 PM »

I chanced upon something that really piqued my interest yesterday.

Guess everyone will cheat, but without clicking the Link, try & see if you can guess......

World's Largest Private & Public Employers

How many are British? If any, name it/them without clicking the Link.

Could you name THREE from the list before clicking the link?

Who is the world's largest employer? (i.e., employs most people).

The list (doubtless a bit out of date) is here......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_employers

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36936 on: April 07, 2014, 08:23:42 PM »

McDonald's?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36937 on: April 07, 2014, 08:25:54 PM »

McDonald's?

Well they are in the Top Ten, yes. Not top, by a long chalk.

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #36938 on: April 07, 2014, 08:27:24 PM »

McDonald's?

I guessed two of the top ten, but was really surprised that General Electric aren't there.

Was also surprised that the North Korean Army wasn't there.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36939 on: April 07, 2014, 08:31:58 PM »

McDonald's?

I guessed two of the top ten, but was really surprised that General Electric aren't there.

Bugger! I was going to go for those two next.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36940 on: April 07, 2014, 08:36:55 PM »

McDonald's?

GE sounds a great shout, but if Wiki is correct, they only employ 25% as many as the Employer in 10th place in the list. Which seems extraordinary, really.

One UK organisation employs 5 times as many people as GE!

h

View Profile
« Reply #36941 on: April 07, 2014, 08:39:29 PM »

McDonald's?

GE sounds a great shout, but if Wiki is correct, they only employ 25% as many as the Employer in 10th place in the list. Which seems extraordinary, really.

wall mart

uk NHS

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36942 on: April 07, 2014, 08:43:52 PM »

McDonald's?

GE sounds a great shout, but if Wiki is correct, they only employ 25% as many as the Employer in 10th place in the list. Which seems extraordinary, really.t

wall mart

uk NHS

Walmart, yes, 3rd in the list, just above Macdonalds.

NHS, staggeringly, yes. A real reality check, that one. 5th largest Employer in the world. What a stat that is.

h

View Profile
« Reply #36943 on: April 07, 2014, 09:08:09 PM »

McDonald's?

GE sounds a great shout, but if Wiki is correct, they only employ 25% as many as the Employer in 10th place in the list. Which seems extraordinary, really.t

wall mart

uk NHS

NHS, staggeringly, yes. A real reality check, that one. 5th largest Employer in the world. What a stat that is.

Walmart is not a surprise Amazon i think are close to there turnover but employs a lots less no shops to maintain
western companies have all be reducing directly employed staff over last 15 years (pension liabilities ) most labour is out sourced

am going to guess at a Chinese manufacturer that most of us have never heard off  maybe even state owned ?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36944 on: April 07, 2014, 09:12:41 PM »

McDonald's?

wall mart

uk NHS

Walmart is not a surprise Amazon i think are close to there turnover but employs a lots less no shops to maintain
western companies have all be reducing directly employed staff over last 15 years (pension liabilities ) most labour is out sourced

am going to guess at a Chinese manufacturer that most of us have never heard off  maybe even state owned ?

Two Chinese organisations feature in the Top 10. One is obvious (not a manufacturer), the other less obvious, and strictly speaking, not really a Manufacturer in the sense I suspect you mean.

Pages: 1 ... 2459 2460 2461 2462 [2463] 2464 2465 2466 2467 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: