blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:52:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2478 2479 2480 2481 [2482] 2483 2484 2485 2486 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333922 times)
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #37215 on: April 25, 2014, 11:48:28 AM »

IN PLEASE. (for 1% or 5% depending how much, and if, you are selling ofc)

Life has no rebuy options
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37216 on: April 25, 2014, 11:59:56 AM »

Yeah! If your not selling, count me in.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37217 on: April 25, 2014, 12:01:59 PM »

Ooh, thank you to those who have expressed an interest in Vegas staking.

I seem to have mentioned Vegas a bit too early, as I don't have all my little ducks lined up yet, but I should be organised - or not - within a few days.

I want to wrap up some other Diary bits & bobs before I move into Vegas-mode, so I'll try & clear them at the weekend, then, all being well, revert to Vegas stuff.

I don't even know if Jeeves is free this year, she's not Posted on blonde for some time, so I may have to manage without.

I'd need to approach Mere, too, as he acts as sort of stake-referee, auditor & arbiter. Just need to catch him in one of his less grumpy moods, not an easy task. 

For now, though, those who have Posted all get first option, a poisoned chalice if ever I saw one. 

I'll also list those who staked me in previous years, as I think they should also get the option before I try & sell the rest. 

For now, these kind but naive souls are all on the pre-reserve list. Think of it like "Priority boarding" with Ryanair, it looks like great value.

Nakor

Sharplea

booder

DimTom

Doobs

Scotty

Nice Alan

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37218 on: April 25, 2014, 12:03:20 PM »

Yeah! If your not selling, count me in.

Back of the queue, no priority boarding for you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Gamblor21

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37219 on: April 25, 2014, 12:11:52 PM »

Not even in for the 15k starting stack WSOP event?  Think that will be a pretty special field and a must play!

I agree with this, must play I think.

Hear me knocking... Let me in then!
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #37220 on: April 25, 2014, 12:24:29 PM »

I would love a sweat in you in Vegas this year so if upto 2.5% is free please count me in.

As an aside I went to see a play "12 Angry Men" yesterday at The Garrick which had Tom Conti, Robert Vaughn and Jeff Fahey in and we decided to be tourists for the morning and whilst outside Buckingham Palace watched the guards do their little stomp which at the end of a minute or so the other one did the same before they stood to attention again.

Whilst watching I wondered why they do this?

Is it to keep them alert and stretch the legs or any other reason?

Thought this would be the diary to place this in btw Wink

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37221 on: April 25, 2014, 12:39:51 PM »

I would love a sweat in you in Vegas this year so if upto 2.5% is free please count me in.

As an aside I went to see a play "12 Angry Men" yesterday at The Garrick which had Tom Conti, Robert Vaughn and Jeff Fahey in and we decided to be tourists for the morning and whilst outside Buckingham Palace watched the guards do their little stomp which at the end of a minute or so the other one did the same before they stood to attention again.

Thanks Middle-Aged bloke. 2.5% added to the reserve list.

I've no idea why they do that stomp thing, but I'm pretty sure it's not for the reasons you suggest.

I suspect it's a bit like when the Dealer taps ther table twice before dealing the next card, it sort of says "all done".

I noticed today, in some random tumbleweed Diary, mention of Old Leigh.

By chance, I took a train to Southend recently, & the train ran right along the front at Old Leigh. Looks a thoroughly quaint place, almost had a 50's feel to it, so I've decided I'll take a little trip there one day, & maybe dine at one of those seafood restaurants. Can't beat Spag Bol in a seafood eatery.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #37222 on: April 25, 2014, 12:55:05 PM »

Thanks Middle-Aged bloke. 2.5% added to the reserve list.

I've no idea why they do that stomp thing, but I'm pretty sure it's not for the reasons you suggest.

I suspect it's a bit like when the Dealer taps ther table twice before dealing the next card, it sort of says "all done".

By chance, I took a train to Southend recently, & the train ran right along the front at Old Leigh. Looks a thoroughly quaint place, almost had a 50's feel to it, so I've decided I'll take a little trip there one day, & maybe dine at one of those seafood restaurants. Can't beat Spag Bol in a seafood eatery.
Lovely I will wait for Tal to come along and inform us then!

Old Leigh is fabulous so I will have to pop over to the "Lesser" diary as we shall call it and see what she is rambling on about.

If you do come over please let me know so we can have a coffee, the old town of Leigh itself is still a fishing village but the tiny fishermans cottages are now mostly owned by young first time buyers paying about £250k for a little 1up 1down property in the cobble stoned village.

If you do go I can recc the Chowder at "The Peter Boat" in the village which comes served in a bloomer that has had the centre taken out and is made with the catch of the day from the local fishmongers where you can buy direct.

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #37223 on: April 25, 2014, 12:57:37 PM »

Chowder is all well and good, but does it come with a side of Beetroot?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37224 on: April 25, 2014, 01:10:44 PM »

Chowder is all well and good, but does it come with a side of Beetroot?

WTF is "chowder" when it's at home?

Currently mid-diet, just for a change.

Not eaten anything for a week except Ryvita with Extra-Lite Philly cheese & sliced toms, cup-a-soup lite, & grapes. Not sure if it is any good for losing weight, but it's cracking roughage, let me tell you. 

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #37225 on: April 25, 2014, 01:11:05 PM »

Plenty of army chaps around, who I'm sure can tell us the "why" part, but I am pretty sure each guardsman on duty does a march (not a stompy thing) around their post every fifteen minutes or something like that. Probably just a form of mini patrol.

Have you seen the changing of the guard, Eso? Or the ceremony of the keys?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37226 on: April 25, 2014, 01:16:46 PM »

Link plz.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37227 on: April 25, 2014, 01:19:35 PM »

Link plz.

Pretty sure I'm being reverse-whooshed here, but......

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=54701.3570

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37228 on: April 25, 2014, 01:22:00 PM »

Wink

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #37229 on: April 25, 2014, 01:27:58 PM »

Wink
Haha I seriously thought he was on about "the other" diary and you had been chuntering on about visiting Old Leigh when you popped to Southend a few weeks ago.
Sad

Pages: 1 ... 2478 2479 2480 2481 [2482] 2483 2484 2485 2486 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: