blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:42:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2485 2486 2487 2488 [2489] 2490 2491 2492 2493 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6334215 times)
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #37320 on: May 02, 2014, 12:51:33 AM »

Chopped it, took £524.

well done, not bad for an evening out of the house!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #37321 on: May 02, 2014, 02:19:23 AM »

Chopped it, took £524.

Chompy likes this.

WP!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37322 on: May 02, 2014, 02:22:39 AM »

Thanks lads.

Just got home, 2am, gotta be up at 5am, groan.

Likely to be seriously tired in the morning, = well grumpy, even by my standards. Not nice.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #37323 on: May 02, 2014, 02:46:14 AM »

Well played, and good night, Grumpy (to be)

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #37324 on: May 02, 2014, 05:41:40 AM »

Wizzo Wizzo!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #37325 on: May 02, 2014, 06:01:28 AM »

Chopped it, took £524.

Chompy likes this.

WP!

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37326 on: May 02, 2014, 07:38:02 AM »

Well played, and good night, Grumpy (to be)

Shut it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37327 on: May 02, 2014, 08:33:22 AM »

Unsure I know what a crucial hat is, but I would like to see one.

There you go Mr Mully, the man himself, Mr Paul Parker.

If you ever pick a "dream table"of poker players, always include him, not for his play so much, as the incessant good-humour & banter.

Click to see full-size image.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #37328 on: May 02, 2014, 09:39:48 AM »

NEVER chop, it's just not worth it. Exploit the insane hedge every time.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37329 on: May 02, 2014, 09:52:08 AM »

NEVER chop, it's just not worth it. Exploit the insane hedge every time.

YBA.

It was weird, it was the Chippie who asked for it.

Half of the Prize Pool was Overlay, too, though not sure what difference that made, but it seemed rude to refuse.

Cost £75 + £7 to enter, never had a Re-Entry, gave £20 for the Dealers, got £524 gross, so £422 profit, but the real bonus was having a fun night at no cost. Jen Mason - Ch 861's 2nd best Analyst - was there, too. Love Jen to bits.

Love the Brighton crowd, most of the Rendezvous boys were there. Lot of retired bookies & villains, but great craic.

Chatted a lot with Debbie Rogers, who lives quite well. I've heard it constantly rumoured that she had some sort of relationship with Victor Chandler, but I was too scared to raise the matter. Probably best not to.

Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #37330 on: May 02, 2014, 10:01:14 AM »

Chopped it, took £524.

Chompy likes this.

WP!

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #37331 on: May 02, 2014, 10:02:23 AM »

Lol @ no.2, the latest polls have you at no.4, splitting Karl M and Ross J.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 10:16:34 AM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37332 on: May 02, 2014, 10:11:15 AM »

Any interest in either of these? I'm sure you wouldn't struggling in selling a %, especially because you are value.

http://www.wsop.com/2014/structuresheets/13610-structure.pdf
http://www.wsop.com/2014/structuresheets/13664-structure.pdf

Saw you itt & was reminded of this, sorry I never replied before, plum forgot.

The first one is Limit O8, & I just don't "get" Limit. I wish I did, I think it's suit me, but I just can't fathom what the general idea is.

The PLO, like the Limit, is $10k to enter, way too big for me, pretty sure I'd play scared, too.

There are Mega Sats to both though, so if I get there, I'll give them a crack. Stranger things have happened.

Why is your e-addy "cue power"? Fancy yourself on the baize?

Make sure you come to the 6-Max UKPC, 6-Max Omaha should be huge fun. You might even do better this time.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 10:14:45 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37333 on: May 02, 2014, 11:18:01 AM »

Bloke I knew at Mickleover, Howard, told me a story.
He had made a shed load of cash through different ventures. Most notably U-date. He decided to leave Mickleover and join Kedleston as he wanted his 10 year old son George to mix in the right circles. George is now a pro but as a child didn't hit the ball very far.
They played one day not long after joining. Howard wanted to teach George golfing etiquette so that he would fit in well with the Kedleston lot.  They meandered their way down the 1st. Suddenly a ball landed 20 yards past them. Howard said to his son that that was frowned upon and that they should have waited until they were out of range. As they putted out a ball landed on the green missing George by a few feet. Howard picked up the ball and marched back up the fairway. "Do that again and I'll stick this fxxxing ball up your your fxxxing arse you cxxt"

Howard no longer plays at Kedleston.

Lovely story Paul, more golf stories please.

One day I'll start playing golf again, but I just don't have the time to do it justice right now.

Think I told the story of when I began playing, I hooked up with a fellow Director from B & K, his name was Bill Jepson. Wonderful bloke, & he eased my way into Golf, & Club Etiquette.

A round with Bill was, literally, a 7 mile walk with a good mate, swapping tales & just enjoying the natural beauty of golf courses. He knew a lot about birdlife too, & showed me where the local Kestrel nested, that sort of thing.

He was a Past Captain of Royal Ormonde, & when I was looking for a Course to join (having been soured by a bad experience @ Kedleston, another story altogether), he offered to play a few rounds with me at Ormonde.

I was aware he was a Past Captain (he became Chairman later), & so I had to address him as "Mr Jepson", "Mr Past Captain", or "Mr Bill". Weird really, as we were co-Directors of several companies, & so we were "Bill" & "Tony" in real life. 

Sounds weird, but them's the rules, & I did not mind. He just told me that, sensibly, it was simply "Bill" or "Mate" when we are in private, on the Course alone, but when in company, it had to be Formal. Not because it was insulting to HIM, but it was derogatory to the OFFICE of Past Captains. 

JNK always taught me the same thing, in company, I had to be respectful to him, in effect, respectful to The Office of The Chairman. One on one, I could address him any way I wished. You either get etiquette or you don't, there's rarely any in-between.

Anyway, Bill sorts it for he & me to have a quiet round one Tuesday afternoon. The Course was deserted, & we had a lovely time, he worked hard to put me at ease, & we chit-chatted about this & that.

I was sort of trying to make convo, & asked him if he had children. He replied that he had a grown up lad, & that he was artistic.

"Ooh, how wonderful. Paintings, drawings, that sort of thing? You must be very proud, & rightly so"

"Sorry?"

"What sort of Artist is he, Bill?"

"No no, not artistic, autistic"

"Yes yes, of course, sorry. Weather's been terrible lately, eh?"

« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 11:22:36 AM by tikay » Logged

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37334 on: May 02, 2014, 11:37:55 AM »

Chopped it, took £524.

Pleno - you've posted your latest diary entry on Tikay's thread by accident - do you want me to move it across?
Pages: 1 ... 2485 2486 2487 2488 [2489] 2490 2491 2492 2493 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: