blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 11:32:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2499 2500 2501 2502 [2503] 2504 2505 2506 2507 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6390331 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37530 on: May 15, 2014, 09:55:14 AM »

She also has the best strike rate at Southwell of any owner Smiley

Really?

How do you "happen" to know that, John?

She seems a shrewd if tough cookie to me, deffo would not want to be wrong side of her.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #37531 on: May 15, 2014, 10:05:24 AM »

10. If Its Good Enough For Kirsten

Billionaire Kirsten Rausing is one of the most successful owners at Southwell. She has hit a 32% strike rate at the course and returned a tidy profit of £28.42 to £1 level stakes.

In the past 10 years Miss Rausing has had 15 winners at Southwell but only one at Newmarket and one at Ascot.

Nicked from the excellent flatstats.co.uk

AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37532 on: May 15, 2014, 10:08:04 AM »

2) Wrong. Football Clubs have Shareholders &/or owners, who pay good money for that right. They are not custodians, they buy the thing & can do as they like. Fans don't have rights as such, not at all. It's no different to moaning about Tesco. Don't like how Tesco does business? Easy, go to Sainsburys. The notion that a Customer has a say in running a business is ludicrous. Whatever put that idea into football supporters heads? It IS much repeated, but that does not make it any more valid.

All IMO, of course.

This is partly, or technically, true as fans of Wimbledon FC can attest to. But it's not a sustainable business philosophy. If all owners acted like this then football would't be as popular so they are likely decreasing the value of their business by not taking into account the factors Mantis talks about. Do you think Vincent Tan has added value to Cardiff?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37533 on: May 15, 2014, 10:10:27 AM »

2) Wrong. Football Clubs have Shareholders &/or owners, who pay good money for that right. They are not custodians, they buy the thing & can do as they like

You buy a grade II listed house. You are the owner and you pay good money for the property. You can do as you like right? Wrong, you can't put a dirty great conservatory on the back cos you have an obligation to the heritage of the property and an obligation to the community. Hence you are a custodian of the property not an outright owner imo.

Oh and only winding you up Teeks. Just thought with the habit of deleting entire threads if somebody steps out of line I was worried your diary would end up in the delete bin if I said the wrong thing. I mean my view just like above is that the community who contribute to a thread own it. Must get used to the fact that an individual who paid good money owns all these threads and they can do with them what they like.

Don't forget to save me Vegas staking now!!

Bad analogy Mr Mantis.

The LAW prohibits us messing with Listed Properties, & so when you own or but one, yes, the law says what you may or may not do, so in that cases, yes, "custodian" works.  Football Clubs have no such protection.

And yes, I KNOW you are on the wind-up, so behave yourself. You cannot begin to imagine the headaces that deleting - or not - threads causes us, & yes, we very often get it wrong. For every blonde who says "x thread should be deleted" someone else says "the thread should stay up". The recent "Collusion thread" was a perfect example of that, it was a proper headache knowing how best to handle it, really. What you would NOT be aware of was the under the radar noise, the "aggressive" PM's we were getting about it. In some cases is was "you MUST leave it up", in others "you must take it down". Lol, there's no middle ground. It was all very awkward & quite painful, actually.

And as you ask, yes, I do happen to believe that the owners of blonde can do whatever they want with blonde content. Once anything is posted here, ownership is transferred to blonde. You can't really think we can leave libellous stuff up, can you?

My Vegas staking? Thank you. Yes yes, a bit is reserved for you, & hopefully, all other previous stakers of mine, ideally. I genuinely appreciate their loyalty. 

Now, if you'll stop winding me up, I'll try & get my Vegas Staking proposal up. (Code for "please be quiet for half an hour").

You neatly avoided my question about your Golf stuff, your new line of work. Hope it was not a embarrassing question. It was a genuine question. (Or maybe an attempt to change the ticklish subject....). 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #37534 on: May 15, 2014, 10:15:51 AM »

What's more that sense of ownership is part of what it is the be a supporter, so it is what the owner inherits when he buys the product, shared ownership. There are other things that make up what it is to be a football supporter, a sense of romance, a sense of history and a sense of loyalty. The guy with his name on the deeds doesn't own those things either.

Btw the business is going great, best thing I've ever done. The thing about work is you put effort in and you feel rewarded and satisfied each and every day. So much different to poker.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37535 on: May 15, 2014, 10:17:35 AM »

2) Wrong. Football Clubs have Shareholders &/or owners, who pay good money for that right. They are not custodians, they buy the thing & can do as they like. Fans don't have rights as such, not at all. It's no different to moaning about Tesco. Don't like how Tesco does business? Easy, go to Sainsburys. The notion that a Customer has a say in running a business is ludicrous. Whatever put that idea into football supporters heads? It IS much repeated, but that does not make it any more valid.

All IMO, of course.

This is partly, or technically, true as fans of Wimbledon FC can attest to. But it's not a sustainable business philosophy. If all owners acted like this then football would't be as popular so they are likely decreasing the value of their business by not taking into account the factors Mantis talks about. Do you think Vincent Tan has added value to Cardiff?

I never said it was a good business philosophy Alun, that is an altogether different debate, I simply defended their "rights", & suggested the fans don't have those rights. They dont.

Mr Tan? No no, he has failed dismally, it is plain to see. But if it is his money, & his Club, then that's his problem, & his alone. Nobody else. And if he wants his Team to play in red, blue or sky blue pink, that's also his right. Same as "Stadium Naming Rights", Mr Ashley can do as he damn well wants, as it is his train set. 

This whole thing of people telling others how they may or may not spend their own money is a bit odd, do you not think? Do you enjoy others telling you how you should or should not spend your own money?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37536 on: May 15, 2014, 10:24:12 AM »

What's more that sense of ownership is part of what it is the be a supporter, so it is what the owner inherits when he buys the product, shared ownership. There are other things that make up what it is to be a football supporter, a sense of romance, a sense of history and a sense of loyalty. The guy with his name on the deeds doesn't own those things either.

Btw the business is going great, best thing I've ever done. The thing about work is you put effort in and you feel rewarded and satisfied each and every day. So much different to poker.

I'll pass that on to Barry Hearn. I'm pretty sure he thinks ownership gives him the right to do whatever he wants. And he is right. Romance, sense of history, lol @ that. You'll not see that on the Balance Sheet, except under "intangibles".

Chuffed to bits the Golf Business adventure is going well.  I might just tell you how to run it, & spend your money if I feel so inclined. After all, I used to play golf, so I have the right to "romance", & "sense of history".  Hope you'll be OK with that.

Wink

Now be quiet, I gotta do my Vegas stuff.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37537 on: May 15, 2014, 10:36:48 AM »

10. If Its Good Enough For Kirsten

Billionaire Kirsten Rausing is one of the most successful owners at Southwell. She has hit a 32% strike rate at the course and returned a tidy profit of £28.42 to £1 level stakes.

In the past 10 years Miss Rausing has had 15 winners at Southwell but only one at Newmarket and one at Ascot.

Nicked from the excellent flatstats.co.uk

She seems to do pretty well @ Wolverhampton, too.....

http://www.lanwades.com/l_comp/2014_Successes.asp

Curiously, for someone who does well @ Southwell & Wolverhampton, this comment was attributed to her....

KIRSTEN RAUSING, one of racing's top owner-breeders, came out with a quote which may have smacked of arrogance after her brilliant staying filly Alleluia won the Doncaster Cup at the St Leger meeting.

She was asked if the three-year-old would be considered for the Tote Cesarewitch, for which she has a cracking chance off a low weight, but the Swede replied: "That is a handicap, and I am only into Group races."

From....

http://kirstenrausing.crazybillionaire.org/kirstenrausing.php

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37538 on: May 15, 2014, 12:29:25 PM »

So, belatedly, it's that time of year again, & I'm headed to Vegas on May 26th.

As always, there'll be some fun staking, exactly as in previous years.

Bear with me please whilst I set the scene, & then we are good to go.

For context, I've shown the last 2 years packages, amounts & investors, & set out some ground rules.

When I play, I will give it my 100% best, no late-regging, & I'll fight for every last chip. My game has changed in the last year, as a result, I'm higher variance now, so a return cannot be guaranteed.

Here we go then......

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37539 on: May 15, 2014, 12:30:19 PM »

The 2012 package from Page 1964 of this thread….., here…..

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=25486.msg1598713;topicseen#msg1598713

Staking Syndicate Final Update.

Venetian Sunday night - $200

Venetian Seniors, Monday - $600

Omaha Hi-Lo, Binions, Tuesday, $230

Omaha, Golden Nugget, Wednesday, $230 (cashed for $4,160)

HORSE, Golden Nugget, Thursday, $230

Omaha, Caesars, Friday, $230 (cashed for $531)

Limit Hi-Lo, Golden Nugget, Saturday, $230

PLO 8 or Better, Wynn, Sunday, $340 (cashed for $2,431)

PLO 8 or Better, WSOP, Tuesday, $1,500 (cashed for $15,078)

Venetian Omaha, 28th June, $600.

Golden nugget, 30th June, $1,080

Spent = $5,470

Cashed = $22,200

Profit = $16,730, so every 1% is worth $167.30.

At today's rate, that equals £106.75 per 1%, if my maths are correct.

Stakers & their %'s are......

Irene Nutcase Trip5 1%, so £106.75 due. Please send me Bank Details, Irene, & I'll ship.

Aaron/Machka, 5%, so £533.75 due. I have your Bank Details & will TX this sum shortly. Remind me if we have any prev unsettled balances, please.

Alan Nice Man, 1%, maximum £65 spend agreed. (PAID in advance). Due £106.75 PLUS £65, = £171.75. PM or e-Mail me your Bank Details please, & I will ship.

Plump Bloke, 2% = £213.50. You arrive here today, we can settle up in cash. £213 50 due.

Methuselah, 2% = £213.50. I have your Bank Details, I will tx shortly.

MerelyBurnMoney - 5% = £533.75. I have your Bank Details, I will ship shortly.

Phil Q - 5% - Phil is here, I'll agree with him how to pay, but I'll probably do a Bank TX. I have your Bank Details.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #37540 on: May 15, 2014, 12:30:54 PM »

fantastic stuff
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37541 on: May 15, 2014, 12:31:30 PM »

2013 Package # 1, as reported  by MereNovice. See page 2279, here….

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=25486.msg1807032;topicseen#msg1807032

Final (audited) summary for tikay's Las Vegas 2013 staking (excluding the main event):

June 14th. 4pm VENETIAN, PLO8 600 0
June 15th, 2pm BINIONS, PLO8 200 0
June 16th, Noon GOLDEN NUGGET, PLO8 230 0
June 17th, Noon RIO, WSOP PLO8 1500 0
June 18th, Noon (?) Caesars Palace, PLO8 240 0
June 19th, Noon GOLDEN NUGGET, PLO 230 0
June 20th, 2pm BINIONS, PLO 300 1710
June 21st, Noon (?) CAESARS PALACE, 6 Max PLO 240 0
June 22nd LIMIT PLO8 @ Golden Nugget 230 0
June 23rd, 2pm BINIONS, PLO8 200 1565
June 24th, 4pm VENETIAN, Big O, 5 card PLO8 0 0
June 24th, 4pm Golden Nugget PLO8/PLO ROE 240 2135
June 25th, 5pm WSOP $3,000 PLO8 @ Rio 3000 5617
June 26th, Noon CAESARS PALACE, PLO8, $240 - DID NOT PLAY 0 0
June 27th, Noon Golden Nugget, PLO8, $125 125 0
June 28th, 4pm Venetian, PLO8 1100 0
June 29th, 2pm BINIONS, PLO8 200 0
June 30th Limit Stud 8 or Better/Limit Omaha 8 or Better. 240 0
July 3rd, Noon CAESARS PALACE, PLO8 240 0
July 2nd, 5pm Rio Carnevale, PLO, 365 0

Total $9,480 $11,027

People invested for a smaller ($7,000) package but the additional tournaments provided a profit for which tikay effectively gave us a free-roll (which was nice).

Profit on the schedule was $1,547 so a 1% share made $15.47.
People invested $70 for a 1% share so each 1% share will return $85.47 in total.
Exchange rate is currently $1.48 per £1.

The investors and their returns are:

Person % Return
Karabiner 5 £288.75
Machka 5 £288.75
MereNovice 5 £288.75
Dylan 5 £52.26 (profit only)
booder 2 £115.50
sharplea 2 £115.50
Knottikay 1 £57.75
Trip5 1 £57.75
Supernova 1 £57.75

Note that these returns are for this package alone.
All other deals will be dealt with separately.

Edits:
1. booder amended to 2% as per PM
2. Dylan amended to profit only as no deposit paid. All other exchanges dealt with separately.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37542 on: May 15, 2014, 12:32:31 PM »

This was an ADDITIONAL package in 2013.

EXTRA PACKAGE

Additional, Seperate Package, for $3k WSOP PLO8, provisional Final Account, subject to MereAudit.

$3,000 WSOP PLO Team was.....

Doobs 10%

Thewy 5%

Scotty 5%

Dylan 5% (additional to package 5%)

Matthew Russell esq 5%

Cost = $3,000, return = $5,617.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37543 on: May 15, 2014, 12:33:19 PM »

My Hendon Mob is here….

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=3265

It excludes my latest huge bink, £920 @ DTD in the UKIPT Sidey last Sunday. As you can see, I now major in PLO, & PLO8, & my results have improved muchly because I just can’t play NLH these days, the kids are way too good. Oddly, my last three PLO MTT’s have all been Tour Sideys, in UKPC, GUKPT, & UKIPT. 

I think my game has improved in the last 12 months, mainly because a), Playing over 3,000 PLO8 DYM’s Next Door, average buy-in £5, for a £1,200 profit improved my understanding of opening & shoving ranges.

And b), I also learned, almost for the first time in near 15 years of playing, that I do better if I “play for stacks” early. This will increase variance, so less cashes are likely, but fingers crossed I’ll go deeper in a few instead of being Mr Min-Cash. It might, of course, end up in no cashes at all.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37544 on: May 15, 2014, 12:33:49 PM »

Preferably, previous stakers have first dibs, but as I’ve stuck this up late, this may not be possible. 

I will not be writing to previous stakers asking if they wish to invest, as it can be embarrassing & awkward to say “no”. So I hope they see it here, & in time. Apologies if not.

I head to Vegas on Monday 26h May, & all stakes will need to be paid by then, please, unless “cash in Vegas” is specifically agreed.

Repayments – if any – will be within 7 days of my return.

As in previous years, MereNovice has agreed to my request to be Stake Referee & Arbiter. He will rule on any awkward situations. I agree to accept his Rulings, & so must investors, as it is a condition of stake. 

Pages: 1 ... 2499 2500 2501 2502 [2503] 2504 2505 2506 2507 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: