blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 02:26:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272954 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2503 2504 2505 2506 [2507] 2508 2509 2510 2511 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6393712 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37590 on: May 15, 2014, 07:08:29 PM »

Would you even allow a 0.5%?

Yes, of course - BOOKED.

Vicarious Vegas is the name of the game.

I just saw someone post on the "Mark-Up" thread that nobody should sell more than 30% of themselves. Oops. Meh, I cba to argue. Each to their own.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37591 on: May 15, 2014, 07:10:02 PM »

It emerged that Miss Rausing is a member of the famous family who founded, & still run, Tetra Pak.

Tetra Pak are HUGE, employ 25,000 people in 170 countries.

And these days, Kirsten appears to be running Tetra Pak. Oh my.

The family are a right mixed bunch, & includes a few wrong 'uns, some of whom have had a few problems with drug use, & one of whom (her brother I think) was originally charged with murdering his wife a few years ago, later reduced to "delaying the proper burial" of her. I think he was then sent to an institution for the mentally unstable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eva_Rausing

Tetra Pak began their business with the invention of the tetrahedron food package.....

Click to see full-size image.

From that little acorn, one of the world's most successful products - flexible food packaging - began.

If you buy milk, orange juice or whatever in a flexible package, chances are it is a Tetra Pak thing.

That milk carton does not look special, but.....

Upon visiting the Tetra Pak factory in Lund in the 1950s, Danish physics professor and Nobel Prize laureate Niels Bohr allegedly claimed to "never have seen such an adequate practical application of a mathematical problem" as the tetrahedron package and the innovation of the milk tetrahedron,

Simply, but devestatingly successful.

I'm sure most of you are yawning now - carry on - but what a story, & I learned all that from seeing the woman interviewed yesterday, & the greatest miracle of life as we know it - the internet.

OK, poker next, just for a change.

Plenty of companies use very similar packaging with similar names, like most business ideas, but must pay some sort of royalties down the line

Yes, I assume they patented the idea, & licence others to manufacture & distribute. I don't really know, just guessing, but seems likely.

VERY interested in your PM, will reply in the morning, thank you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #37592 on: May 15, 2014, 07:17:23 PM »

Will have 1% please Tony, will send next Tuesday if that is ok?
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #37593 on: May 15, 2014, 08:18:50 PM »

Hi Pops
I will still take the 2.5% of the $11k package and will ship to the usual account

Glgl and good to see you last weekend.

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #37594 on: May 15, 2014, 08:25:14 PM »

Just want to point out on channel 2018391 or whatever next door is these days, the guy off of the Big Breakfast and a young, unshaven fellow, doing a marvellous impression of the guy from the EPT commentary are discussing anagrams.

"Anna Fowler becomes A Flan Owner"

Throw away the telly. I've seen it all.

You sure they're going to let you go off for a whole month?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 08:29:13 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #37595 on: May 15, 2014, 08:42:34 PM »

1%  please Tony, can I send from Stars ?

Steve

ohhhhhhhhh  just remembered you are not a Stars user, so please let me have bank details.

Will do, Steve.

As it happens.......

I do have a 'Stars account, which had lain dormant since it became awkward for me to play there due to other commercial constraints, back in the day, around 2004 or 2005. (Sporting Bet, Wm Hill, blondepoker CardRoom & then Sky Poker).  

I re-activated it only last week, & played one of those $27 SCOOP Events, an Omaha thing. Was going along nicely, no re-entries & quite deep, (well, 1,000 or so from the cash in a 7,000 runner jobbie, lol), but then I played a hand really badly - missed a bet on the turn, & allowed my man to pick up a draw & eventually do a get, so that was that. Been kicking myself ever since, I just bottled the flop bet when a really co-ordinated flop landed. Been kicking myself ever since.

Some site now, too, jeez, though the lobby made my eyes bleed profusely.

Anyway, my point was, I shall play tonight's $27 SCOOP PLO8 thing. Rather looking forward to it, actually. I'll swerve the Medium though ($275?), that's a bit big for me, & presumably full of tidy players.

Anyway, yes, willl send Bank Details overnight or first thing on the morrow.

There are 30 or 40 players each day in the 100.  The Hypers maybe have 20 players who sre regs at 30+.  I am the 4th most active at 60+ and I don't play much.  Even on stars the player pool at these limits is very small.  

Most are just going to be people chancing a go at a SCOOP.  Wish I could play but it is just too late.  Might see you in the $27.  Gl

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #37596 on: May 15, 2014, 09:11:36 PM »

1%  please Tony, can I send from Stars ?

Steve

ohhhhhhhhh  just remembered you are not a Stars user, so please let me have bank details.

Will do, Steve.

As it happens.......

I do have a 'Stars account, which had lain dormant since it became awkward for me to play there due to other commercial constraints, back in the day, around 2004 or 2005. (Sporting Bet, Wm Hill, blondepoker CardRoom & then Sky Poker).  

I re-activated it only last week, & played one of those $27 SCOOP Events, an Omaha thing. Was going along nicely, no re-entries & quite deep, (well, 1,000 or so from the cash in a 7,000 runner jobbie, lol), but then I played a hand really badly - missed a bet on the turn, & allowed my man to pick up a draw & eventually do a get, so that was that. Been kicking myself ever since, I just bottled the flop bet when a really co-ordinated flop landed. Been kicking myself ever since.

Some site now, too, jeez, though the lobby made my eyes bleed profusely.

Anyway, my point was, I shall play tonight's $27 SCOOP PLO8 thing. Rather looking forward to it, actually. I'll swerve the Medium though ($275?), that's a bit big for me, & presumably full of tidy players.

Anyway, yes, willl send Bank Details overnight or first thing on the morrow.

There are 30 or 40 players each day in the 100.  The Hypers maybe have 20 players who sre regs at 30+.  I am the 4th most active at 60+ and I don't play much.  Even on stars the player pool at these limits is very small.  

Most are just going to be people chancing a go at a SCOOP.  Wish I could play but it is just too late.  Might see you in the $27.  Gl

As if to prove my point, I am sat in the daily 100 on one of the biggest plo8 days of the year.  There are 31 of us 20 minutes in.  900 in the $200 game

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #37597 on: May 15, 2014, 09:20:51 PM »

What is your thoughts on boycotting the Venetian due to Sheldon Adelson and his stance on online poker ?
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37598 on: May 15, 2014, 09:24:34 PM »

Mr K just to confirm I will take my 1% will sort Bank transfer on Monday if that OK.
Win lots please.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #37599 on: May 15, 2014, 09:33:56 PM »

What is your thoughts on boycotting the Venetian due to Sheldon Adelson and his stance on online poker ?

Now you mention it, $600 isn't that big. 

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #37600 on: May 15, 2014, 09:39:28 PM »

Tony, i would like to invest to the tune of £100 English pounds. Should get me about 1.5% ish.
Please confirm this is ok and bank details.
Greg
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37601 on: May 15, 2014, 09:45:04 PM »

Oops, think I promised Fat Dyl some action - he has a bit reserved.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #37602 on: May 15, 2014, 09:52:12 PM »

Now you mention it, $600 isn't that big. 

Lolz, genuinely interested in the old fella's opinion as apposed to just  stirthepot Smiley
Big_D

View Profile
« Reply #37603 on: May 15, 2014, 10:17:11 PM »

Oops, think I promised Fat Dyl some action - he has a bit reserved.

Pfft, just for that, I will set fire to 1% total please Gramps.

Will be worth the money just so that I can abuse you during your time in Vegas :-)

Ship It!
RedFox

View Profile
« Reply #37604 on: May 15, 2014, 10:20:11 PM »

Hi TK Ill have 1% if any still left please.

Mslcolm!

Congrats on that 2nd in Sunday's Omaha @ DTD, how much fun was that?

I have become so excited by playing Omaha, that I trooped up to London on Tuesday, to the Hippodrome, as they have a weekly £110 Omaha, & they were ADDING a £275 "Omaha Series" seat for the winner.

TWO players Registered, I sat there like a lemon for an hour hoping more might reg, then I gave up & came home. Bugger.

Anyway, yes, 1% BOOKED, thank you.

Thanks loved the game and good folk to play along with.

Nice to see a few more omaha games.

Good luck in Vegas.
Pages: 1 ... 2503 2504 2505 2506 [2507] 2508 2509 2510 2511 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: