blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 11:46:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2509 2510 2511 2512 [2513] 2514 2515 2516 2517 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6389183 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37680 on: May 19, 2014, 09:45:00 AM »

Your package...it doesn't seem too clear if it includes any bonus tournaments that you may or may not play.

I just had a look at Mere's "Terms & Conditions", & I think your question is covered by this?

tikay has published the schedule but it will almost certainly change (within limits).  It's possible (although I think we can all agree that it's unlikely) that tikay might make day 2 of some events which may require a rejig of the schedule, for example.
Last year tikay effectively free-rolled some people as it was impossible to get confirmation of whether they wished to be involved before the events. This wasn't fair on people who explicitly committed money before the additional events.
Any money invested this year will be converted into a % of the final package.

I will ensure that no liberties are taken - i.e. that the final package is within 20% of the proposed schedule above. If tikay enters the "One Drop" then it won't be included in this schedule.

I believe that Mr. Channing was pulling your leg.
He may have been alluding to an infamous Facebook staking "thread" that, I believe, offered the tantalising hope of some "bonus tournaments" to sweeten the deal.
If you decide to charge 1.3 in future you may wish to consider it.

FML. I say, FML. I fall for it every damn time.

Would not be so bad if it were not Lord Grumpy, the bloke who once offered to buy my action @ 0.4.

Tosser.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 09:56:23 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37681 on: May 19, 2014, 09:56:00 AM »

Back to the Staking, with updated payments position, & a Tourney Report from Saturday, shortly, but for now, I must revert to type, & report some non-pokery stuff.

On yesterday's Desert Island Discs, the Castaway was Alison Moyet. She is a sort of singer.

I don't enjoy her music, would not listen to it if you paid me, but I don't dislike her as a person, suppose I'm neutral really.

She did a very odd thing lately, she wanted to divest herself of years of "baggage", so she took her Computer to a shop, & asked them to completely wipe the contents. 20 years of e-Mails, songs she wrote, diaries, everything. She also threw away all her Gold Discs, & celebrity memorabilia. Not quite sure what that was about.

Anyhow.  

So Miss Moyet & Sue are chatting, & Miss M says "I'm actually quite remarkable".

At which, there was a sort of pregnant pause, almost a sharp intake of breath from Sue.

Alison is certainly not a chest-thumper, she is very modest actually, so to describe herself as "remarkable" sat a little odd.

Alison then explains, thusly.....

"Yes, remarkable. I mean, I was in the public eye, a chart-topper, so a lot of people discussed me, & made remarks about me".

So remarkable (or perhaps "remark-able") was being used in a completely different context to what I'm used to.  

I wonder if that is a correct way to use the word?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 10:03:01 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #37682 on: May 19, 2014, 10:11:39 AM »

Tony, am i all booked for your package? I said i would flick in £100 for a fun sweat. Not had a pm or confimration from either of your assistants.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37683 on: May 19, 2014, 10:15:00 AM »

Tony, am i all booked for your package? I said i would flick in £100 for a fun sweat. Not had a pm or confimration from either of your assistants.

"assistants", lol, love it.

Will send you Bank Deets now, but yes, you are on the all-important Spready, that's the Control Document, see....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aia1Hxq-NDNWdDZoeG1sazZZRDY3VWNUdzNYVmZVTmc#gid=1

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37684 on: May 19, 2014, 10:16:37 AM »

"assistants", lol, love it.

Will send you Bank Deets now, but yes, you are on the all-important Spready, that's the Control Document, see....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aia1Hxq-NDNWdDZoeG1sazZZRDY3VWNUdzNYVmZVTmc#gid=1

Details now sent via PM.

MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37685 on: May 19, 2014, 10:21:38 AM »

Your package...it doesn't seem too clear if it includes any bonus tournaments that you may or may not play.

I just had a look at Mere's "Terms & Conditions", & I think your question is covered by this?

tikay has published the schedule but it will almost certainly change (within limits).  It's possible (although I think we can all agree that it's unlikely) that tikay might make day 2 of some events which may require a rejig of the schedule, for example.
Last year tikay effectively free-rolled some people as it was impossible to get confirmation of whether they wished to be involved before the events. This wasn't fair on people who explicitly committed money before the additional events.

I will ensure that no liberties are taken - i.e. that the final package is within 20% of the proposed schedule above. If tikay enters the "One Drop" then it won't be included in this schedule.

He may have been alluding to an infamous Facebook staking "thread" that, I believe, offered the tantalising hope of some "bonus tournaments" to sweeten the deal.

Would not be so bad if it were not Lord Grumpy, the bloke who once offered to buy my action @ 0.4.

Tosser.

With Mr. Channing generally being such a smart cookie, I assume that he must have recently come into a large sum of money to make such a generous offer.
Did you take it?

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37686 on: May 19, 2014, 10:25:43 AM »

Tosser.

With Mr. Channing generally being such a smart cookie, I assume that he must have recently come into a large sum of money to make such a generous offer.
Did you take it?

Think it was about 7 years ago, I'd just interviewed him @ some gaff,  & I tried to catch him off-guard, "you are the only person who has never staked me".

"How does 0.4 interest you?"

Umm, I'll get back to you.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #37687 on: May 19, 2014, 10:26:44 AM »

Tikay could you pm me the bank details please?

Or mere Smiley
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37688 on: May 19, 2014, 10:29:08 AM »

Or mere Smiley

Done, with alacrity.

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #37689 on: May 19, 2014, 10:36:55 AM »

£100 sent. Reference never to be seen again, may as well have burnt it Tikay Vegas
Good luck.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #37690 on: May 19, 2014, 10:37:39 AM »

Or mere Smiley

Bank deets please
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37691 on: May 19, 2014, 10:39:10 AM »

£100 sent. Reference never to be seen again, may as well have burnt it Tikay Vegas
Good luck.

"never to be seen again, may as well have burnt it"...

You'll have to be more precise I'm afraid, there appear to be several payments with that reference.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #37692 on: May 19, 2014, 10:41:40 AM »

I sent my bowl btw.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37693 on: May 19, 2014, 10:42:47 AM »

Good luck.

"never to be seen again, may as well have burnt it"...

You'll have to be more precise I'm afraid, there appear to be several payments with that reference.

No need.

Actually, I have receiced a payment with the following reference, can the donor identify himself, please?

Wsop n ting

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #37694 on: May 19, 2014, 10:45:10 AM »

No need.

Actually, I have receiced a payment with the following reference, can the donor identify himself, please?

Wsop n ting

Pages: 1 ... 2509 2510 2511 2512 [2513] 2514 2515 2516 2517 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: