blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:37:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2756 2757 2758 2759 [2760] 2761 2762 2763 2764 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6334694 times)
MrDickie

View Profile
« Reply #41385 on: March 23, 2015, 02:34:03 PM »

TK Please do one thing.

Never stop writing.

Love this Diary and read it everyday. Its brill and actually feels like we are having a convo. Love It.

Keep up the good work.

Ditto..spend my lunchtime reading Blonde for the past 7 years now or so. Love it to bits and feel guilty about not contributing more.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41386 on: March 24, 2015, 11:27:12 AM »

Germanwings Airbus A320 crashes in French Alps near Digne http://bbc.in/1bpQIaw

142 on board

PPrunNE here you come

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41387 on: March 24, 2015, 11:46:17 AM »

Germanwings Airbus A320 crashes in French Alps near Digne http://bbc.in/1bpQIaw

142 on board

PPrunNE here you come

Sorry Rich, we "crossed".

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=65205.msg2033277#new

Does not look good.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #41388 on: March 24, 2015, 12:03:17 PM »

The best thing, for me, is I can look back on it & say "no regrets, I did my absolute best, & never left a bean on the table".

I ain't no Jonathon Ross or Parky, but I gave it my best, & thats all that matters to me.

In 8 years, I never once missed a booked Show, or threw a sickie, be it a "convenient sickie" or not. Never missed one.

Before every single Show, I'd prepare very carefully, get some sleep midday for an hour or so, then research, research research.

I knew the nitty gritty of every current Promo, no autocue or prompts needed. Autocue makes us sound wooden, but I could ad-lib every single fact.

I'd research all the main MTT results of the week, too, so I could namecheck as many winners as possible, without prompting, & as & when it was suitable. Players really appreciate a namecheck, especially when the "little guys" bink a win. It's their moment of glory, & to have their name read out on TV meant a lot to them. Love it when regular guys win, love it. 

In those respects, & excuse the lack of false modesty, but I was the best they had, & I never let them down once. It was, after all, a Teleshopping Channel essentially, there to promote the business. Oddly, when we simulcast with Sky Sports, we were abso BANNED from Teleshopping.

Teleshopping involves what are known as calls to action.

Register NOW for the 8pm Main

plenty of seats at the Mastercash Tables.

Don't Forget Viva Las Vegas is up & running.

That sort of stuff.   

As an Analyst? Not so much, I was bottom of the league, & it's not even close. (Ryan was the total best, not even close, love that lad).

I can teach absolute NLH newbies better than anyone actually, but beyond that, no, I was a crap analyst, total crap.

I almost never play, & I deffo don't much enjoy, NLH these days, but it is over 90% of the traffic. I could discuss PLO & PLO8 with some confidence & ability, yes, but the console the Channel used was not able to show the 4 card game.   

Anyway, it's over now, but no regrets here, none at all.

What next for me?

I did, I really did!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41389 on: March 24, 2015, 06:59:58 PM »

Tonight, I shall mainly be getting slaughtered.

Never before, never once, have I been nervous, or worried about a TV Show.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #41390 on: March 24, 2015, 07:03:40 PM »

Had visions of you 'jaegerbombing'

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41391 on: March 24, 2015, 07:06:10 PM »

best of luck

only two hours?!

will fly by

My eyes are open wide
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #41392 on: March 24, 2015, 07:34:08 PM »

New channel starts tonight? What number?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41393 on: March 24, 2015, 08:45:57 PM »

New channel starts tonight? What number?

Sky Sports 4.

10pm.

Guests, James Akenhead and Mr Ambo.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #41394 on: March 25, 2015, 08:21:53 AM »

Well, blonde's lepidopterist-in-chief, how were the butterflies?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41395 on: March 25, 2015, 11:50:10 AM »

And while we're in that little quiet space between the opening and closing doors, I just want to take a moment to say a public thank you for your guidance friendship over the years.

It really has been emotional.

xx

I've been trying to find the right way to answer that for days, & I still don't know.

Dingle Delle made a lovely "thank you" on her Diary yesterday, but I don't quite have that touch.

I'll have to think a little longer.

As most people already know, when I have a prob, I ring you. That chat we had last week was golden, just when I most needed it. The road has been a bit bumpy lately, what with this & that.

For those not aware of how it works, I ring Tom on some pretence, & we waffle for 10 minutes, then he says "right, I've not got all day, what did you really ring me for?"

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41396 on: March 25, 2015, 12:26:36 PM »

"US food giant Heinz is to merge with Kraft Foods Group, creating what the companies say will be the third-largest food and beverage company in the US.

The deal was engineered by Heinz's owners, the Brazilian investment firm 3G Capital, and billionaire investor Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway.

Current Heinz shareholders will own 51% of the combined company with Kraft shareholders owning a 49% stake.

The combined company's brands will include Kraft, Heinz, and Oscar Mayer.

Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway chief executive, said: "I am delighted to play a part in bringing these two winning companies and their iconic brands together.

"This is my kind of transaction, uniting two world-class organisations and delivering shareholder value. I'm excited by the opportunities for what this new combined organisation will achieve."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32050266

would have posted earlier, but i only had a single sauce.

My eyes are open wide
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #41397 on: March 25, 2015, 02:54:51 PM »

"US food giant Heinz is to merge with Kraft Foods Group, creating what the companies say will be the third-largest food and beverage company in the US.

The deal was engineered by Heinz's owners, the Brazilian investment firm 3G Capital, and billionaire investor Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway.

Current Heinz shareholders will own 51% of the combined company with Kraft shareholders owning a 49% stake.

Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway chief executive, said: "I am delighted to play a part in bringing these two winning companies and their iconic brands together.

"This is my kind of transaction, uniting two world-class organisations and delivering shareholder value. I'm excited by the opportunities for what this new combined organisation will achieve."

Will ketchup with that story later

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #41398 on: March 25, 2015, 04:15:20 PM »

Is it a reliable sauce?

Edit - crap, didn't see Tighty make that gag at the bottom of his post. I'm a dunce.

Double edit - I feel like I've bean had.

That'll have to do.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 04:17:41 PM by hhyftrftdr » Logged

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41399 on: March 25, 2015, 05:54:15 PM »

I sometimes imagine Warren as being like someone playing Monopoly.

He's got the 4 Stations, one of the Utilities, most of the houses & a few hotels, plus bundles of cash.

If he could manage another 20 years on this planet (he's 85) he'd own everything.

Click to see full-size image.

Pages: 1 ... 2756 2757 2758 2759 [2760] 2761 2762 2763 2764 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: