blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:53:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3066 3067 3068 3069 [3070] 3071 3072 3073 3074 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333834 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #46035 on: June 28, 2016, 11:24:43 PM »

Willie cramp is much more fun :-)

They gave me those tips after my blood clot if sitting for long spells. Just circulates the blood and twiddling your toes moves your calves too. Good Intake of water might help too as dehydration might be a factor

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46036 on: June 28, 2016, 11:25:03 PM »

...talking of which, there was an awkward moment yesterday.

One of my Vegas O8 mates, (the chap who busted me at PH a few days ago) who I share tables with here every year in all the 4 & 5 card stuff, tends to "bop" up & down when he is playing a hand. Imagine someone who is listening to music via headphones, & bopping up & down in sync with his music, which, of course we can't hear.

Anyway, he was doing it a lot yesterday, & someone asked him if it helped him, & if he minded stopping it, as it was a bit distracting.

It turned out he was NOT listening to music, and the bopping up & down was completely involuntary - he genuinely had no control over it, & he explained this a little sheepishly.

Some bright spark, an American chap, evidently lacking in social skills, promptly named him "Tourettes man".

To which our man said "yes, I have mild Tourettes".

Cue awkward silence.

Anyway, he made Day Two with around 100,000, so that may ease his discomfort a bit.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #46037 on: June 28, 2016, 11:25:51 PM »

I suffer from cramp in my calves and hammys(these are excrutiating) from time time so I always try to do daily stretches such as touching my toes half-a-dozen times from a standing position, or at least getting as close as I can which seems to alleviate the problem.

It must be an age thing.

But what might the cause be in my case, Ralph?

I've no idea what causes it Tony, possibly sticky buns.

It just happens to me out of the blue when I'm alone in bed sometimes.

The stretches I do pre-golf have prevented it happening on the course thankfully.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46038 on: June 28, 2016, 11:27:16 PM »

I suffer from cramp in my calves and hammys(these are excrutiating) from time time so I always try to do daily stretches such as touching my toes half-a-dozen times from a standing position, or at least getting as close as I can which seems to alleviate the problem.

It must be an age thing.

The stretches I do pre-golf have prevented it happening on the course thankfully.

GIQ, Ralph, GIQ.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #46039 on: June 28, 2016, 11:32:04 PM »

It must be an age thing.

GIQ, Ralph, GIQ.

Chance would be a fine thing, the alone was rhetorical.

My golf is currently crap too. Woe.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #46040 on: June 28, 2016, 11:32:49 PM »

Just caught up on the last couple of pages. My wife asked what I was finding so funny.

Vegas brings out the best of you Sir, and from your readers. Maybe you should move out there Smiley

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #46041 on: June 28, 2016, 11:36:10 PM »

Happy days Smiley

Day off tomorrow?

I'm not sure what day today/tomorrow is, to be fair, but yes, day off today, then resume hostilities tomorrow (Wednesday) @ 5pm.

We played for 10 hours straight yesterday, starting at 5pm & ending @ 3am, then I had an hour or so's work to do Next Door, so I was pretty whacked mentally. I also slept really badly due to severe cramp in my legs, ankles & feet, something I've rarely suffered before, so I'm feeling pretty flat today.  Plan is to get caught up on work, write a blog, get some sleep, & then go play Big O cash tonight.

Not complaining, obv, even reading blonde is a reality check, what with all the turmoil from Brexit, & Reece having a major op today.

Will try & address that fascinating "concentration" issue you asked about today, too.*

* Fascinating to me, anyway. Wink 

Twiddling your toes when you are playing will do you some good in the lower leg dept mate. Even a pair of flight socks too.

Loving the updates Tony, good luck on day 2.

Pair of flight socks, sandals a scarf and a white flat cap - do it please

sola virtus nobilitat
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #46042 on: June 29, 2016, 12:18:37 AM »

Happy days Smiley

Day off tomorrow?

I'm not sure what day today/tomorrow is, to be fair, but yes, day off today, then resume hostilities tomorrow (Wednesday) @ 5pm.

We played for 10 hours straight yesterday, starting at 5pm & ending @ 3am, then I had an hour or so's work to do Next Door, so I was pretty whacked mentally. I also slept really badly due to severe cramp in my legs, ankles & feet, something I've rarely suffered before, so I'm feeling pretty flat today.  Plan is to get caught up on work, write a blog, get some sleep, & then go play Big O cash tonight.

Not complaining, obv, even reading blonde is a reality check, what with all the turmoil from Brexit, & Reece having a major op today.

Will try & address that fascinating "concentration" issue you asked about today, too.*

Twiddling your toes when you are playing will do you some good in the lower leg dept mate. Even a pair of flight socks too.

Union Jack T shirt too?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46043 on: June 29, 2016, 12:30:49 AM »

Happy days Smiley

Day off tomorrow?

We played for 10 hours straight yesterday, starting at 5pm & ending @ 3am, then I had an hour or so's work to do Next Door, so I was pretty whacked mentally. I also slept really badly due to severe cramp in my legs, ankles & feet, something I've rarely suffered before, so I'm feeling pretty flat today.  Plan is to get caught up on work, write a blog, get some sleep, & then go play Big O cash tonight.

Sorry Glenn, but I'm not prepared to make myself look stupid.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #46044 on: June 29, 2016, 12:32:33 AM »

I don't know whether you're following the news out in Vegas, Tikay, but here's an obituary for you:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/29/sports/ncaabasketball/pat-summitt-obituary.html

And here's another:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/29/sports/football/buddy-ryan-dies-nfl.html

The news stations out here - particularly the sports ones - are full of both.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46045 on: June 29, 2016, 12:40:31 AM »

I don't know whether you're following the news out in Vegas, Tikay, but here's an obituary for you:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/29/sports/ncaabasketball/pat-summitt-obituary.html

And here's another:

Yes, been watching both stories. The Buddy Ryan story - I had never heard if him - was extraordinary. He regularly fell out - fought even - with his own teams Offensive coaches. Think his Chicago Bears hold the record ( under Mr Ryan) for most sacks in a season. (85?).

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #46046 on: June 29, 2016, 12:44:26 AM »

Errr sorry but you twiddle your willy at the table? Like masturbation? Is it more frantic depending on hand strength and frequency of scoopios?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46047 on: June 29, 2016, 12:48:44 AM »

Meanwhile, at least 60 killed at Istanbul Airport.

No point even starting a thread, everyone seems immune to that sort of grief these days.

It's all too dreadful. It'd be world headlines and front page if it happened in New York or London. Turkey, not so much, page 27 more like.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46048 on: June 29, 2016, 12:50:27 AM »

Errr sorry but you twiddle your willy at the table? Like masturbation? Is it more frantic depending on hand strength and frequency of scoopios?

No no, do you never remember when you were a little boy? It's what little boys do, bit like sucking your thumb, it's a sort of nervous tic or mannerism.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #46049 on: June 29, 2016, 12:52:15 AM »

And here's another:

Yes, been watching both stories. The Buddy Ryan story - I had never heard if him - was extraordinary. He regularly fell out - fought even - with his own teams Offensive coaches. Think his Chicago Bears hold the record ( under Mr Ryan) for most sacks in a season. (85?).

Tighty and others will know more about this than I, but that 85 Bears defense is generally regarded as the nastiest, most brutal bunch of savages around. Think Wimbledon's Crazy Gang, the late 90s Leicester rugby team and the dirty Leeds team. That kind of equivalent.

Mike Ditka, their star man, used to tackle by trying to get his helmet in the throat area of his opponent and lifting his head up at the point of contact. Once he'd done that once, he knew the opponent would be scared of him next time.

Ditka was (is) a rentaquote, including: "I always tell people I want to live to be 150 and they say why would you want to do that. I say, well there's a few people I haven't made mad yet, I want to get them."

No idea why that reminds me of blonde Smiley

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 3066 3067 3068 3069 [3070] 3071 3072 3073 3074 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: