blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:52:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3068 3069 3070 3071 [3072] 3073 3074 3075 3076 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333993 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #46065 on: June 29, 2016, 09:13:45 AM »

Love that on the Venetian twitter update you are listed as Tony llendall. Another alias for the silver rogue Smiley

Representing Wales, presumably. Or is he now the guitarist for Black Sabbath?

Ivan's Grandad?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46066 on: June 29, 2016, 04:34:08 PM »

1st break, 3 levels complete, no fuss, no drama, not much happening, 21,000 from 15,000, which I am very happy with considering I have a really awkward seat, with a weak player to my right, and two very strong aggro players lined up right behind me.

Late reg ends after 3 more levels, (dinner break) and my table will be the 2nd to break, so don't plan to get too active or out of line until the table breaks, always assuming I don't befall an accident.

Interested to see how many runners they get.  Gl today, I'm hoping to play 1b if I can keep my eyes open (just about to leave for Newquay airport).  Let the potential 30 hours awake straight begin here , only had < 10 last 2 nights put together Sad. Worth it though.

Did you get through last night Rob? Venetian's Twitter feed posted the day 1a chip counts, but not those for day 1b.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46067 on: June 29, 2016, 07:29:34 PM »

Venetian don't seem to have reported the Day 1b chip counts, but we know from Mere's post earlier that there were 266 entries in total over both Day Ones, with 27 paid.

The chip leader from 1a, Ryan Hughes, has a WSOP Bracelet & around 30 WSOP cashes over a 12 year span.

Daniel Spencer, in 3rd, may be a Brit, but I don't know him. He's the only Daniel Spencer listed on THM, so it's probably him. 

Andrew Oflaherty is a Brit, from up north somewhere, a regular Vegas visitor, who I know reasonably well.

Tip for the top is "Mr Bop", Raouf Malek, from LA, & a good friend of mine, who plays all the O8 stuff in Vegas every year. He busted me in that PH thing that Tal played, & was the guy who flopped fours full of sixes v my 6-A on Day 1a. Be nice to turn the tables on him when it really matters.

I really don't recognize many other names, in much the same way as they won't know who Tony llendall is.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46068 on: June 29, 2016, 07:35:49 PM »

No sooner I write that, than Venetian have posted the full list of survivors, & their chip counts, from Days 1a & 1b.

I can't get the file to upload - "too large" - but it can be viewed on the Venetian Poker Room Twitter Feed.....

https://twitter.com/VenetianPoker

There appear to be 50 survivors, & we currently reside in 16th place.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #46069 on: June 29, 2016, 07:44:14 PM »

What time are hostilities being resumed?

I'm obviously being a little selfish here, but am hoping for at least a 2-cup of coffee squeeze tomorrow morning before I go off to do battle on the golf course around noon.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #46070 on: June 29, 2016, 07:46:59 PM »

Good luck, enjoyed the updates. Have courage and don't think about ladderring I am sure the backers would prefer you tried to win rather than sneak a cash!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46071 on: June 29, 2016, 07:50:20 PM »

That Venetian Tweet, which I can't seem to copy, lists the table & seat draw.

I've drawn the nut worst table by the look of it, with 4 of the 9 having bigger stacks than me, & I am bang out of position to Raouf, who defends pretty wide.

Anyway, it is what it is, we shall see.

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46072 on: June 29, 2016, 08:18:51 PM »

4 bigger stacks means 4 chances of a full double up when you engage rip mode. gd luck.

Cymru am byth
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46073 on: June 29, 2016, 08:20:23 PM »

I'm obviously being a little selfish here, but am hoping for at least a 2-cup of coffee squeeze tomorrow morning before I go off to do battle on the golf course around noon.

5pm Vegas (so 1am UK) Ralph, so you'll be tucked up in bed, probably alone, as you sometimes are.

A 2 cup squeeze would equate to a Final Table. Stranger things have happened.

I'm really quite revved up & excited about it, though a tad disappointed with the Table Draw, but no good dwelling on that, it is what it is. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46074 on: June 29, 2016, 08:20:42 PM »

4 bigger stacks means 4 chances of a full double up when you engage rip mode. gd luck.

PMA

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #46075 on: June 29, 2016, 08:25:56 PM »

5pm Vegas (so 1am UK) Ralph, so you'll be tucked up in bed, probably alone, as you sometimes are.

A 2 cup squeeze would equate to a Final Table. Stranger things have happened.

I'm really quite revved up & excited about it, though a tad disappointed with the Table Draw, but no good dwelling on that, it is what it is. 

Keep the updates coming this evening, then. Been a while since I railed you at a final.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46076 on: June 29, 2016, 08:36:07 PM »

Good luck, enjoyed the updates. Have courage and don't think about ladderring I am sure the backers would prefer you tried to win rather than sneak a cash!

Thank you.

Fair point, & probably true, but both would be nice, lock up a cash AND run deep.

Thanks to some help from Joe Beevers, THM have consolidated my 3 or 4 different entries. It sounds a bit chirpy, but viewing it, we see I have had 17 Vegas cashes in the last 5 trips, including 3 x WSOP's, & 10 Final Tables. So, with a bit of run-good, yes, I can final this. There, I've convinced myself.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=3265

The min-cash is also important, though, it's $2,198, & that would mean we'd be close to break-even on the trip, allowing for the 4 events still to be played, which are the most expensive, so we'd be almost freerolling those 4.

PLO8 is a weird game, we can motor along quite nicely with relatively small stacks compared to NLH. If we can make the money with circa 20 Bigs (we have 28.5 at the mo), we'd be in with a real shot at this, & I could open up a bit, & find a bit of gamble. 

I was chatting with a friend of mine yesterday, who made a point about pearljammer, who used to preach this.....

He would always hammer home about pacing in a tourney. If he was short he would be selective about the hands he would be involved in, if he was medium stacked he would be slightly less selective and if he was a big stack he would hammer home every spot he was +ev in - stealing blinds and calling shorty shoves etc etc. Always switching up and down these gears in relation to his stack size

I'm usually a shortie, but I tried to up the aggro & gamble on Day 1, & once I got a stack, I was extremely active, far more than usual, & calling people down quite wide. That was fun.

So I plan to be fiddling with my gear knob. 

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #46077 on: June 29, 2016, 08:43:02 PM »

Thank you.

Fair point, & probably true, but both would be nice, lock up a cash AND run deep.

Thanks to some help from Joe Beevers, THM have consolidated my 3 or 4 different entries. It sounds a bit chirpy, but viewing it, we see I have had 17 Vegas cashes in the last 5 trips, including 3 x WSOP's, & 10 Final Tables. So, with a bit of run-good, yes, I can final this. There, I've convinced myself.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=3265

The min-cash is also important, though, it's $2,198, & that would mean we'd be close to break-even on the trip, allowing for the 4 events still to be played, which are the most expensive, so we'd be almost freerolling those 4.

PLO8 is a weird game, we can motor along quite nicely with relatively small stacks compared to NLH. If we can make the money with circa 20 Bigs (we have 28.5 at the mo), we'd be in with a real shot at this, & I could open up a bit, & find a bit of gamble. 

I was chatting with a friend of mine yesterday, who made a point about pearljammer, who used to preach this.....

He would always hammer home about pacing in a tourney. If he was short he would be selective about the hands he would be involved in, if he was medium stacked he would be slightly less selective and if he was a big stack he would hammer home every spot he was +ev in - stealing blinds and calling shorty shoves etc etc. Always switching up and down these gears in relation to his stack size

I'm usually a shortie, but I tried to up the aggro & gamble on Day 1, & once I got a stack, I was extremely active, far more than usual, & calling people down quite wide. That was fun.

So I plan to be fiddling with my gear knob. 

All well and good, but you two have very different natural games. 

You know you need to be more selective when you have fewer chips and time your moves perfectly, whereas you can afford a gamble for tournament gain if you have a lot of chips.

No need to try being someone else. Let the record show that Anthony/Tony Llendall/Kendall chap gets it done just fine.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #46078 on: June 29, 2016, 08:54:44 PM »

Fiddling with your gear knob? Is that the same as twiddling with your willy?

Let me give you some poker advice....

In order to take first place in a poker comp you need to win every chip. Look around at the chips sitting in front of all your oppos, you need them all. Never relax, never be comfortable, never feel safe. You need them all. Those mother fuckers are standing in your way so go out there and cut them up, riddle them with new arseholes and take what you need.

Other than that gogogogogog big dog. 

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #46079 on: June 29, 2016, 08:57:52 PM »

I'll be having my morning coffee at about 5.30am.....

Will we have cashed by then?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 ... 3068 3069 3070 3071 [3072] 3073 3074 3075 3076 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: