blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:25:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3117 3118 3119 3120 [3121] 3122 3123 3124 3125 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6332381 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #46800 on: July 29, 2016, 03:35:59 PM »

Quite like pillock as a word.  I need to start cursing with words that my daughter doesn't recognise.  It probably isn't good that so many of my fellow drivers are "daft twits".  It isn't like I even curse it, it is more "where are you going you daft twit".  And I have about half a second to think "dammit, done it again" before she pipes up with "you said twit again, you shouldn't say that".  From now on daft pillock it is.  Problem is I think twit is hardcoded.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #46801 on: July 29, 2016, 04:11:49 PM »

Any idea where you sent my money or am I still being "f**ked off"?

No worries if I'm still being grimmed of course but with you seemingly sending money to various random locations I thought I'd make sure you didn't think you'd broken the habit of a lifetime and actually paid me on time when in fact you've paid some other pillock.

As an aside why is pillock picked up on the Blonde spellchecker? It's an amazing word.

The agreed sum was sent on July 26th, to the usual Account (ends 952) with the code "Staking Debacle".   some random account that I've never sent to before and you probably don't use, like, ever.

That is a completely different the account to which I have sent many thousands of pounds previously by way of staking you making shrewd investments the like of which Warren Buffet can only dream of . (Usual code "Keep Digging Thanks for the opportunity").

Check again please - it deffo left my account on the 26th, & went to the usual account somewhere although I have no idea where. I mean, I should know it by now I really should but for some reason I don't, I send enough money to it.

Pillock indeed.

Following the threat of legal action I would like to retract my previous complaint subject to alterations as above.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46802 on: August 02, 2016, 01:19:03 PM »

Chaos on East Midlands Trains today, due to what the media are describing as a "bridge collapse".

It's bollox, of course, bridges don't generally collapse, & the bridge in question certainly has not. Certainly a few problems with the buttressing of the road though.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #46803 on: August 02, 2016, 08:20:35 PM »

How's the chip-shuffling practice going?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #46804 on: August 03, 2016, 02:37:03 PM »

PS

Many many moons ago I lent you a Damon Runyan book of short stories, it must have been around the time I also lent you a pair of binoculars.

Well every now and again I get the urge to either read one of those short stories or gaze at the sky if there's something interesting going on.

x

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46805 on: August 04, 2016, 11:40:32 AM »

PS

Many many moons ago I lent you a Damon Runyan book of short stories, it must have been around the time I also lent you a pair of binoculars.

Well every now and again I get the urge to either read one of those short stories or gaze at the sky if there's something interesting going on.

x

Ouch, hint taken Ralph, I really am the worst.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46806 on: August 04, 2016, 11:42:06 AM »

I notice that you mention stacking your chips neatly and fiddling with them between hands.

I have also noticed that despite hundreds of hours of live play you seem never to shuffle two small stacks together, which is most people's version of fiddling with chips.

Have you never tried to shuffle chips or is it a fear of spilling them?

It's hard to riffle two stacks together when I generally only have one stack, Ralph.

In fact, after Vegas, I now have medals for riffling chips. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46807 on: August 04, 2016, 01:03:32 PM »

Last month, Ryanair became the first airline in the world to carry more than 11 million customers in one month, & did so with a load factor of 96%

And still people claim Ryanair is a heap of poo.

Don't think Sir Michael cares what you think, when he has a 96% load factor & record passenger numbers.   

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46808 on: August 04, 2016, 01:30:39 PM »

I happened to watch a repeated documentary about Rod Stewart a few nights ago, with Alan Yentob as the interviewer. It was such a lovely, & uplifting piece of TV, all relaxed & smiley, & Rod in fine form. 

It was not until afterwards that I realised Rod had been knighted in June, in The Queen's Honours thing.

I'm not much exercised either way about the Honours system & "celebs" getting gongs, but I thought it was splendid news, & the TV doc was most splendid & fitting.

Rod has barely changed in his looks in nearly 50 years. A ready smile & laugh lines. He sat alongside his mate Ronnie Wood (who looked positively emaciated), & for context of Rod's longevity, Ronnie was in The Faces with Rod before becoming a Rolling Stone - 42 years ago.

Rod has a family the ages of whom vary between 50 &..... 2.

He's the wrong side of 70, & yet still looks the coolest cat in town, wearing a magnificently flamboyant blue checked suit.

One of the best lyricists of our era, stuff like Maggie May defined an era.

I have seen him in concert more times than enough, most often at the old Empire Pool, Wembley, now called Wembley Arena.  I once went to one of his gigs 3 nights running, buying tickets from touts each time. I'm not generally given to outward expression, but to be at a Rod Steward concert when they knock out "Stay With Me" or other rock n roll stuff, & singing along with it, scarves above heads, was one of the most enjoyable things ever.

He still earns a mint, including a Vegas residency at Caesars Palace every year.

He must be well loaded.

God bless Sir Roderick.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #46809 on: August 04, 2016, 02:23:58 PM »

Last month, Ryanair became the first airline in the world to carry more than 11 million customers in one month, & did so with a load factor of 96%

And still people claim Ryanair is a heap of poo.

Don't think Sir Michael cares what you think, when he has a 96% load factor & record passenger numbers.   

Yeah, now that they realise that annoying people for no reason isn't good business.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #46810 on: August 04, 2016, 02:34:18 PM »

I happened to watch a repeated documentary about Rod Stewart a few nights ago, with Alan Yentob as the interviewer. It was such a lovely, & uplifting piece of TV, all relaxed & smiley, & Rod in fine form. 

It was not until afterwards that I realised Rod had been knighted in June, in The Queen's Honours thing.

I'm not much exercised either way about the Honours system & "celebs" getting gongs, but I thought it was splendid news, & the TV doc was most splendid & fitting.

Rod has barely changed in his looks in nearly 50 years. A ready smile & laugh lines. He sat alongside his mate Ronnie Wood (who looked positively emaciated), & for context of Rod's longevity, Ronnie was in The Faces with Rod before becoming a Rolling Stone - 42 years ago.

Rod has a family the ages of whom vary between 50 &..... 2.

He's the wrong side of 70, & yet still looks the coolest cat in town, wearing a magnificently flamboyant blue checked suit.

One of the best lyricists of our era, stuff like Maggie May defined an era.

I have seen him in concert more times than enough, most often at the old Empire Pool, Wembley, now called Wembley Arena.  I once went to one of his gigs 3 nights running, buying tickets from touts each time. I'm not generally given to outward expression, but to be at a Rod Steward concert when they knock out "Stay With Me" or other rock n roll stuff, & singing along with it, scarves above heads, was one of the most enjoyable things ever.

He still earns a mint, including a Vegas residency at Caesars Palace every year.

He must be well loaded.

God bless Sir Roderick.

This is good fun.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #46811 on: August 04, 2016, 11:58:38 PM »

Rod Stewart used to live in a 3 rd  floor Flat on the archway road  north London with his parents
My sadly departed ex father in laws claim to fame was living beneath him on the 2 nd floor and one day clipped his ear as he was a cheeky little so n so !
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46812 on: August 05, 2016, 06:21:15 AM »

It's hard to riffle two stacks together when I generally only have one stack, Ralph.

10/10

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #46813 on: August 05, 2016, 08:56:30 PM »

PS

x

Ouch, hint taken Ralph, I really am the worst.

Hints seemed to have no effect hence the sledgehammer approach.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46814 on: August 07, 2016, 11:19:49 AM »

Airlander 10: Aircraft leaves hangar for first time

Click to see full-size image.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-36997711

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 3117 3118 3119 3120 [3121] 3122 3123 3124 3125 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: