blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:27:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3118 3119 3120 3121 [3122] 3123 3124 3125 3126 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333113 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46815 on: August 07, 2016, 11:40:23 AM »

That's a big old bugger.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #46816 on: August 09, 2016, 08:42:50 AM »

I happened to watch a repeated documentary about Rod Stewart a few nights ago, with Alan Yentob as the interviewer. It was such a lovely, & uplifting piece of TV, all relaxed & smiley, & Rod in fine form. 

It was not until afterwards that I realised Rod had been knighted in June, in The Queen's Honours thing.

I'm not much exercised either way about the Honours system & "celebs" getting gongs, but I thought it was splendid news, & the TV doc was most splendid & fitting.

Rod has barely changed in his looks in nearly 50 years. A ready smile & laugh lines. He sat alongside his mate Ronnie Wood (who looked positively emaciated), & for context of Rod's longevity, Ronnie was in The Faces with Rod before becoming a Rolling Stone - 42 years ago.

Rod has a family the ages of whom vary between 50 &..... 2.

He's the wrong side of 70, & yet still looks the coolest cat in town, wearing a magnificently flamboyant blue checked suit.

One of the best lyricists of our era, stuff like Maggie May defined an era.

I have seen him in concert more times than enough, most often at the old Empire Pool, Wembley, now called Wembley Arena.  I once went to one of his gigs 3 nights running, buying tickets from touts each time. I'm not generally given to outward expression, but to be at a Rod Steward concert when they knock out "Stay With Me" or other rock n roll stuff, & singing along with it, scarves above heads, was one of the most enjoyable things ever.

He still earns a mint, including a Vegas residency at Caesars Palace every year.

He must be well loaded.

God bless Sir Roderick.

Maggie May, one of my favourite songs Fwiw, defines an era?

We're you held sexual hostage by an older woman for the majority of your youth then Mr K?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #46817 on: August 10, 2016, 01:29:41 PM »

Last month, Ryanair became the first airline in the world to carry more than 11 million customers in one month, & did so with a load factor of 96%

And still people claim Ryanair is a heap of poo.

Don't think Sir Michael cares what you think, when he has a 96% load factor & record passenger numbers.   

I watched an interesting documentary type programme the other month ...."City in the Sky" BBC2, and was amazed when they said that at any one time, there are one million people in the sky!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46818 on: August 11, 2016, 11:50:55 AM »

seen these before?

A brick road laying machine.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #46819 on: August 11, 2016, 04:34:20 PM »

seen these before?

genius

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #46820 on: August 11, 2016, 05:06:58 PM »

seen these before?

was going to call BS with all the haphazard bricks at the top.  This video indicates that human intervention is substantial.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46821 on: August 14, 2016, 12:50:36 PM »

I happened to watch a repeated documentary about Rod Stewart a few nights ago, with Alan Yentob as the interviewer. It was such a lovely, & uplifting piece of TV, all relaxed & smiley, & Rod in fine form.  

It was not until afterwards that I realised Rod had been knighted in June, in The Queen's Honours thing.

I'm not much exercised either way about the Honours system & "celebs" getting gongs, but I thought it was splendid news, & the TV doc was most splendid & fitting.

Rod has barely changed in his looks in nearly 50 years. A ready smile & laugh lines. He sat alongside his mate Ronnie Wood (who looked positively emaciated), & for context of Rod's longevity, Ronnie was in The Faces with Rod before becoming a Rolling Stone - 42 years ago.

He's the wrong side of 70, & yet still looks the coolest cat in town, wearing a magnificently flamboyant blue checked suit.

I have seen him in concert more times than enough, most often at the old Empire Pool, Wembley, now called Wembley Arena.  I once went to one of his gigs 3 nights running, buying tickets from touts each time. I'm not generally given to outward expression, but to be at a Rod Steward concert when they knock out "Stay With Me" or other rock n roll stuff, & singing along with it, scarves above heads, was one of the most enjoyable things ever.

He still earns a mint, including a Vegas residency at Caesars Palace every year.

He must be well loaded.

God bless Sir Roderick.

We're you held sexual hostage by an older woman for the majority of your youth then Mr K?

I'm gonna pass on that, Adzy. What happens upstairs, stays upstairs.

Great track though, & a wonderful album - one of the first I ever owned.

Quite surprised you are old enough to remember it. Ralph, yes, you, not so much.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 12:52:15 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #46822 on: August 14, 2016, 01:13:02 PM »

I have seen him in concert more times than enough, most often at the old Empire Pool, Wembley, now called Wembley Arena.  I once went to one of his gigs 3 nights running, buying tickets from touts each time. I'm not generally given to outward expression, but to be at a Rod Steward concert when they knock out "Stay With Me" or other rock n roll stuff, & singing along with it, scarves above heads, was one of the most enjoyable things ever.

He must be well loaded.

God bless Sir Roderick.

Quite surprised you are old enough to remember it. Ralph, yes, you, not so much.

Funnily enouigh Maggie May is one of those songs that always takes me back to a particular time and place.

Amsterdam in late summer 1971 and my white Afghan coat which was de rigueur for hippie types; it stunk of goat too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46823 on: August 15, 2016, 06:29:01 AM »

He must be well loaded.

God bless Sir Roderick.

Funnily enouigh Maggie May is one of those songs that always takes me back to a particular time and place.

Amsterdam in late summer 1971 and my white Afghan coat which was de rigueur for hippie types; it stunk of goat too.

Ralph, you're my go to man for proper grammar but 'stunk' in this context kind of jangled. Should it be stank in this instance,  and if not now, when?

I'm already leaning towards a few degrees in anticipation of bowing to your wisdom.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46824 on: August 15, 2016, 08:59:27 AM »

I have seen him in concert more times than enough, most often at the old Empire Pool, Wembley, now called Wembley Arena.  I once went to one of his gigs 3 nights running, buying tickets from touts each time. I'm not generally given to outward expression, but to be at a Rod Steward concert when they knock out "Stay With Me" or other rock n roll stuff, & singing along with it, scarves above heads, was one of the most enjoyable things ever.

He must be well loaded.

God bless Sir Roderick.

Ralph, you're my go to man for proper grammar but 'stunk' in this context kind of jangled. Should it be stank in this instance,  and if not now, when?

I'm already leaning towards a few degrees in anticipation of bowing to your wisdom.

It's a pretty good question, Tom.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Stunk-or-Stank-Properly

Like you, I reckon Uncle Ralph will dispense his worldly wordy wisdom & impress us all, though I'll lean forward rather than towards.

In the event of a dispute, I nominate TalWise to arbitrate. Or, as it is my Diary, me. And I know a LOT of words & stuff cos I read what Tighty writes.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 09:01:04 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46825 on: August 15, 2016, 10:05:10 AM »

He must be well loaded.

God bless Sir Roderick.

Like you, I reckon Uncle Ralph will dispense his worldly wordy wisdom & impress us all, though I'll lean forward rather than towards.

In the event of a dispute, I nominate TalWise to arbitrate. Or, as it is my Diary, me. And I know a LOT of words & stuff cos I read what Tighty writes.

Leaning forwards if you're facing away from him may not be interpreted as a sign of respect.

The older I get, the better I was.
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46826 on: August 15, 2016, 12:22:31 PM »

He must be well loaded.

God bless Sir Roderick.

Ralph, you're my go to man for proper grammar but 'stunk' in this context kind of jangled. Should it be stank in this instance,  and if not now, when?

I googled and read the same thing three or four times earlier this morning. Still not sure I understand it.

Cymru am byth
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46827 on: August 15, 2016, 01:22:10 PM »

Air show spectators hailed for rescuing Herne Bay pilot after his plane plunged into the sea

http://bit.ly/2aVr0jU

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46828 on: August 16, 2016, 12:38:04 PM »

seen these before?

Nope.

Generally, they come in palletised slabs about a metre square.

Block paving is a truly horrible thing - high maintenance & a perfect pain when it starts to break up.

Should be banned, imo.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46829 on: August 16, 2016, 12:46:10 PM »

Airlander 10: Aircraft leaves hangar for first time

Click to see full-size image.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-36997711

It was due to have its first test flight a day or two ago, but developed problems.

Horrible monstrosity.

Should be banned imo.

Talking of monstrosities, China has developed a bus which sits on tram lines, with passengers on the top, & a "drive though" lower section, to alleviate traffic problems.

Ridiculous, should be banned.

Pages: 1 ... 3118 3119 3120 3121 [3122] 3123 3124 3125 3126 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: