blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:23:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3147 3148 3149 3150 [3151] 3152 3153 3154 3155 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6320261 times)
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #47250 on: October 15, 2016, 09:15:40 PM »

Tikay are you extraordinarily rich?

Like Paul Daniels?

Insane.

How does he do it.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47251 on: October 15, 2016, 09:42:05 PM »

Tikay are you extraordinarily rich?

Like Paul Daniels?

10/10

The older I get, the better I was.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #47252 on: October 16, 2016, 03:03:14 AM »

not the most exciting question, but intersted to know how expensive you find it over there with sterling where it is.

every day stuff..lattes, train rides, meals for two etc etc

Staggeringly, eye-wateringly, jaw dropping expensive.

A latte is around a fiver.

We just had a regular dinner at the fish market, not in the least posh or anything, sort of working class place.

I had fish and chips, Gill had prawns and a side salad, plus a sparkling water, a coke and a latte. That came to £48.

Fish soup at the fish market was £20.

To be fair, we are using a sort of easy reference to translate kroners to sterling, just divide by 10, so perhaps that is unfair or inaccurate.

A pack of Prince cigarettes costs 120 kroner, or so I am told.

Gill has been perusing the shops, as is her want, and can't believe how expensive stuff is. Might be as we are in a tourist area I guess.

We spent an hour at Bergen Railway Station - a tourist must see, obv - and the cost of train tickets seems high. Bergen to Oslo comes in at 720 kroners for a single.

Best value train journey in the World though, even after brexit has pushed the price up 20%.  It is £27 on the Heathrow express ffs.

Can't believe it is sunny in Bergen.  Adz won't be happy.

Glorious sunshine again today, not seen a drop of rain since we arrived.

Sorry not to have bitten earlier. Just had the last four days at St Andrews courtesy of Mercedes. It rained here. Cheesy

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47253 on: October 16, 2016, 09:13:36 AM »

not the most exciting question, but intersted to know how expensive you find it over there with sterling where it is.

every day stuff..lattes, train rides, meals for two etc etc

Staggeringly, eye-wateringly, jaw dropping expensive.

A latte is around a fiver.

We just had a regular dinner at the fish market, not in the least posh or anything, sort of working class place.

I had fish and chips, Gill had prawns and a side salad, plus a sparkling water, a coke and a latte. That came to £48.

Fish soup at the fish market was £20.

To be fair, we are using a sort of easy reference to translate kroners to sterling, just divide by 10, so perhaps that is unfair or inaccurate.

A pack of Prince cigarettes costs 120 kroner, or so I am told.

Gill has been perusing the shops, as is her want, and can't believe how expensive stuff is. Might be as we are in a tourist area I guess.

We spent an hour at Bergen Railway Station - a tourist must see, obv - and the cost of train tickets seems high. Bergen to Oslo comes in at 720 kroners for a single.

Best value train journey in the World though, even after brexit has pushed the price up 20%.  It is £27 on the Heathrow express ffs.

Can't believe it is sunny in Bergen.  Adz won't be happy.

Glorious sunshine again today, not seen a drop of rain since we arrived.

Sorry not to have bitten earlier. Just had the last four days at St Andrews courtesy of Mercedes. It rained here. Cheesy

What a life.

What Course(s) did you play?

Have to add, whilst it never once rained whilst we were in Norway, & was generally quite mild in Bergen (jumper weather), we've never been as cold as it was on the Fjords, it was really really cold, & in parts, the Fjords had a thin covering of ice.

Arrived back at Heathrow last night to drizzle, & this morning it is tipping down.   

« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 09:16:28 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #47254 on: October 16, 2016, 09:56:41 AM »

Old. course. Jubilee and then a two day comp at Kingsbarns. What a course that is.

If anyone ever gets offered Mercedes golf hospitality, drop everything and take it. Great few days.

Glad you enjoyed Norway Tony.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47255 on: October 16, 2016, 10:31:12 AM »

Old. course. Jubilee and then a two day comp at Kingsbarns. What a course that is.

If anyone ever gets offered Mercedes golf hospitality, drop everything and take it. Great few days.

Glad you enjoyed Norway Tony.

Very nice.

I've played (= hacked round) the Old Course & Jubilee, but never Kingsbarns. Playing the Old Course was one of my most thrilling days golf ever, so much history, & those huge, huge greens.

Norway was amazing, really very good indeed. I'd highly recommend "Norway in a Nutshell" to anyone.

https://www.norwaynutshell.com/

If we had more time, we'd like to have done the Bergen - Oslo railway trip, Doobs tells me it is superb.

The only disappointment was lack of bird sightings. We saw hooded crows, pigeons & a sort of small but fluffy sparrow in Bergen, but nothing at all (except one solitary gull) on the Fjords.  We did catch fleeting glances of 2 porpoises though.

Maybe Rod Paradise can explain the lack of birds on the Fjords, which was not what I expected at all.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #47256 on: October 16, 2016, 12:16:31 PM »

we've never been as cold as it was on the Fjords, it was really really cold, & in parts, the Fjords had a thin covering of ice.

The only disappointment was lack of bird sightings. We saw hooded crows, pigeons & a sort of small but fluffy sparrow in Bergen, but nothing at all (except one solitary gull) on the Fjords.  We did catch fleeting glances of 2 porpoises though.

Maybe Rod Paradise can explain the lack of birds on the Fjords, which was not what I expected at all.

Seabirds will have moved south to where they can feed would be my guess. Many species of land birds will have migrated by now (the redwings are here in large numbers already from Scandinavia). Go back in spring when the migrants are arriving & it'll be a very different story.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
roshambo

View Profile
« Reply #47257 on: October 19, 2016, 12:53:40 PM »

Such sad news about El Blondie, always was such a gent RIP Dave
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47258 on: October 24, 2016, 09:51:27 AM »

Off I go again, sadly without Gill this time. Work, 'innit.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 09:53:08 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47259 on: October 24, 2016, 09:53:45 AM »

Question.

How can this be improved?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47260 on: October 24, 2016, 09:54:16 AM »

Easy.

Perfect now.

This, by the way, was in an Italian Restaurant if you don't mind. Cultured palate, me.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 09:56:44 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47261 on: October 24, 2016, 09:58:47 AM »

Spotted this beaut in the T3 Car Park this morning, a soft top Rolls Royce Coupe. Price new must be north of £150,000?

The question is (and I don't know the answer) who might the owner be?

The reg plate must be a clue.

Best answer gets a valuable* prize from me.

* Might not be valuable.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:03:15 AM by tikay » Logged

Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #47262 on: October 24, 2016, 02:25:54 PM »

Spotted this beaut in the T3 Car Park this morning, a soft top Rolls Royce Coupe. Price new must be north of £150,000?

* Might not be valuable.

Michael Crawford . Personalised number plates........some cars do have them Wink

Hope you enjoy your 'working' holiday. Plenty of reports please.

Life has no rebuy options
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47263 on: October 24, 2016, 03:12:17 PM »

* Might not be valuable.

It belongs to a hyena with one eye.

The older I get, the better I was.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #47264 on: October 24, 2016, 03:41:25 PM »

* Might not be valuable.

It belongs to a hyena with one eye.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Pages: 1 ... 3147 3148 3149 3150 [3151] 3152 3153 3154 3155 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: