blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:18:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3146 3147 3148 3149 [3150] 3151 3152 3153 3154 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6331419 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #47235 on: October 15, 2016, 12:03:08 AM »

The fish market was extraordinary. Love to look at "wet fish", looks so good.

Oh man, can you imagine what any of those would taste like with some tinned tomatoes and peas....mmm

Piss off old man, my name is not Rexus. Fair play to you though, you have got him biting a treat.

And another thing, you forgot to mention the Lee & Perrins Worcester Sauce. It only works if Worcs Sauce us liberally added, gives it the zing.

Talking of which, in a cafeteria here today, I spotted Heinz Worcester Sauce. Ridiculous. Lee &Perrins is the universal choice, no other alternatives should be entertained, ever. It's like Heinz Tomato Ketchup, Jacobs Cream Crackers, Werthers Originals. They should be given a world monopoly.

I think you mean WorcesterSHIRE Sauce although I am not personally familiar with Heinz's version.

Are the Heinz version and the L&P version not the same thing? I am sure Heinz own L&P.

I have no idea mate I only buy Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #47236 on: October 15, 2016, 11:49:55 AM »

Seem to remember from way back that foreign coinage (or is that "coin"?) often had a hole in the middle.

Never quite figured out why, but guess there was good reason and logic.

Pretty sure I've got some of those coins but I've never been to Norway, is it the same Kronor as Denmark or Sweden or a different currency?

sweden and dennmark both have kr.  One of them def has the hole coins, I remember giving some to my nephews after visiting that part of the world.

They all use Kroner but they are individual currencies for their respective countries. Their exchange rates are all similar to the £, and the notes look pretty similar too, but not sure if their is leeway to use Danish Kroner in Sweden for example. Some places might accept the 'wrong' Kroner maybe, like the odd shop/chain takes EUR over here.

When I was there about ten years ago, we went from Copenhagen to Malmo by train for the day.  The Swedes accepted the Danish Kr at then, though the Danish Kr was slightly more valuable at that time.

Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #47237 on: October 15, 2016, 11:54:26 AM »

Tikay are you extraordinarily rich?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47238 on: October 15, 2016, 02:32:50 PM »

Whatever promoted that question, if I may ask?

If the question was serious, absolutely not.

I suspect, however, this is going somewhere.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47239 on: October 15, 2016, 02:45:43 PM »

Mate of mine lives in Norway, so I asked if there was anything in Oslo he could think you might like.

My input was 'He likes bimbling about, and looking at animals/landmarks'.

He suggested this http://www.vigeland.museum.no/en/vigeland-park

No idea if it's of interest, but it's 15 minutes from the centre, and you can jump on a bus/tram to get there.

Bimbling?

BIMBLING?

Eh?

I don't bimble, ffs. That's really annoyed me.

Thanks for the link though, much appreciated. Shame we are in Bergen, which is 300 miles from Oslo.

Bimbling indeed.......you are confusing me with nirvana.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47240 on: October 15, 2016, 02:55:18 PM »

not the most exciting question, but intersted to know how expensive you find it over there with sterling where it is.

every day stuff..lattes, train rides, meals for two etc etc

Staggeringly, eye-wateringly, jaw dropping expensive.

A latte is around a fiver.

We just had a regular dinner at the fish market, not in the least posh or anything, sort of working class place.

I had fish and chips, Gill had prawns and a side salad, plus a sparkling water, a coke and a latte. That came to £48.

Fish soup at the fish market was £20.

To be fair, we are using a sort of easy reference to translate kroners to sterling, just divide by 10, so perhaps that is unfair or inaccurate.

A pack of Prince cigarettes costs 120 kroner, or so I am told.

Gill has been perusing the shops, as is her want, and can't believe how expensive stuff is. Might be as we are in a tourist area I guess.

We spent an hour at Bergen Railway Station - a tourist must see, obv - and the cost of train tickets seems high. Bergen to Oslo comes in at 720 kroners for a single.

Best value train journey in the World though, even after brexit has pushed the price up 20%.  It is £27 on the Heathrow express ffs.

Can't believe it is sunny in Bergen.  Adz won't be happy.

Glorious sunshine again today, not seen a drop of rain since we arrived.

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #47241 on: October 15, 2016, 02:56:47 PM »

Looks Amazing Tony , glad you're enjoying it

Cruise in Scandinavia for me One Day
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #47242 on: October 15, 2016, 03:05:26 PM »

Mate of mine lives in Norway, so I asked if there was anything in Oslo he could think you might like.

My input was 'He likes bimbling about, and looking at animals/landmarks'.

He suggested this http://www.vigeland.museum.no/en/vigeland-park

No idea if it's of interest, but it's 15 minutes from the centre, and you can jump on a bus/tram to get there.

Bimbling?

BIMBLING?

Eh?

I don't bimble, ffs. That's really annoyed me.

Thanks for the link though, much appreciated. Shame we are in Bergen, which is 300 miles from Oslo.

Bimbling indeed.......you are confusing me with nirvana.

Cheesy

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47243 on: October 15, 2016, 04:06:56 PM »

Went up the funicular thing this morning, some great views from the top.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 04:09:58 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47244 on: October 15, 2016, 04:07:38 PM »

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47245 on: October 15, 2016, 04:08:58 PM »

The food here is excellent. I had this delicious salad roll, with onions cucumber and all that stuff, and Gill had that enormous sticky bun, which was actually a caramel coated cinnamon swirl, very nice it was too.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 04:12:13 PM by tikay » Logged

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #47246 on: October 15, 2016, 04:15:28 PM »

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #47247 on: October 15, 2016, 06:43:07 PM »

very nice it was too apparently, surely?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47248 on: October 15, 2016, 06:50:55 PM »

Flesland (Bergen) Airport departure lounge, 1845 local,time, Saturday evening.

Was it something I said?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 06:53:52 PM by tikay » Logged

Lucky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47249 on: October 15, 2016, 08:45:29 PM »

Like Paul Daniels?
Pages: 1 ... 3146 3147 3148 3149 [3150] 3151 3152 3153 3154 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: