blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 05:05:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272893 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3188 3189 3190 3191 [3192] 3193 3194 3195 3196 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6385112 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47865 on: February 06, 2017, 10:29:25 AM »

Went to Brentford v Brighton today.

Probably the first time I've stood on the terraces for 25 years. What a backward stadium Griffin Park is.

Cracking game though. 2-0 to Brentford at , they miss a penalty early in the second half. BHA level at 2-2, only for the Bees to get a third in the 94th minute.

But Hemed nicks an equaliser in the 97th!

Highlight of the afternoon was the Brighton fans chanting at Brentford supporters "Shit Queens Park Rangers, you're just a shit Queens Park Rangers"

#apt

Still a QPR lover at heart then, Mr H?

Glad you enjoyed the Griffin Park amenities. I frequent Old Trafford these days. Gosh, what a stadium that is.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47866 on: February 06, 2017, 10:33:26 AM »

Ahh, apologies - wrong photo.

Now THIS is a beautiful building, & everything about it takes us back to the golden era of railways.

GREAT NORTHERN RAILWAY COMPANY'S GOODS WAREHOUSE

Isn't that great?

Manchester is a dump or, more accurately, was a dump and some of the regeneration is superb. I know that building well and it IS beautiful.

If you like that you would love Castlefield which is only half a mile away from there:

Click to see full-size image.

Yup, that looks pretty neat. Next time I'm up there, which will be next month, I'll take a look.

I'll need a hotel again, but don't think I'll be troubling The Britannia next time.

I may have been a little harsh on Manchester, but it was such a dull overcast, drizzly day, it was February, & I was not exactly in the best part of Town I gather.

Meanwhile, you must be a disciple of Jesus, right?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47867 on: February 06, 2017, 10:37:48 AM »

I do “get it” with your enjoyment visiting a famous and iconic tourist attraction irrespective of what happened on the pitch.

As for your one and only visit to Maine Rd,  I would have been there that night but with, unsurprisingly,  no recollection whatsoever of the game. I was surprised to find footage out there:

Good find.

Ha, players wearing short shorts.

At some stage in the 90's shorts suddenly became longs.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47868 on: February 06, 2017, 10:40:05 AM »

You certainly get some interesting sorts loitering outside that Britannia. Interesting sorts staying inside it too.

If you find Pogba mesmerising then your heart might stop if you watched Silva closely for 90 minutes.

Think Silva is Camel's favourite player, but he has real weird tastes. (He is a QPR fan).

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47869 on: February 06, 2017, 10:43:03 AM »

Did anyone see the Super Bowl Half Time Show this morning?

It was sensational.

Well played Lady Gaga & whoever choreographed all that.  

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #47870 on: February 06, 2017, 12:19:58 PM »

Lady Gaga did look a little like she was wearing incontinence pants when she first touched down.

Good show apart from that.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47871 on: February 06, 2017, 12:25:14 PM »

Lady Gaga did look a little like she was wearing incontinence pants when she first touched down.

Good show apart from that.

Wink

Think that was due to the harness she must have been wearing for the descent from the Heavens.

There was a lightning fast costume change, too, or a sort of partial disrobing.

Does she get paid for that performance, if so how much, roughly? Or is it a sort of "well you get a ton of free publicity so do it for free" sorta thing? 

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47872 on: February 06, 2017, 12:28:31 PM »

half time performers are not paid

of course they earn fortunes from the exposure, downloads and extra sales etc afterwards. So much so that the NFL has been trying to negotiate that half time performers pay them to perform and they get a cut of future royalties. 

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47873 on: February 06, 2017, 12:31:44 PM »

of course they earn fortunes from the exposure, downloads and extra sales etc afterwards. So much so that the NFL has been trying to negotiate that half time performers pay them to perform and they get a cut of future royalties.  

Yeah, that would make perfect sense. Not getting paid, I mean.  Not sure they should pay the NFL, mind.

UK sport has much to learn from the USA. Look how low key the FA Cup Final has become compared to Super Bowl.

Her insurance premium last night must have been monsta, with all that swinging from a crane stuff.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #47874 on: February 06, 2017, 12:52:41 PM »

All very well with bands looking for a boost, or to break in to USA music scene. Doubt they'd get the Boss again if they wanted a cut after Cheesy

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47875 on: February 06, 2017, 02:52:19 PM »

All very well with bands looking for a boost, or to break in to USA music scene. Doubt they'd get the Boss again if they wanted a cut after Cheesy

Or Robbie.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47876 on: February 06, 2017, 03:10:34 PM »

On Sky's Super Bowl coverage last night they had a chap I had not seen before, his name was Ndamukong Suh.

He was HUGE, a giant of a man, but softly spoken & scrupulously polite.  He'd make a good pundit I think as he was very honest in his assessments & explained stuff well. Needs to stop standing with his hands in his pockets when on camera, but that's just lack of media training.

He also explained he was a family man, & said his prayers before he went & played.

What a lovely man he seemed, erudite & thoughtful it seemed to me. Arsenal fan, too, went to the game on Saturday.

So I looked him up on Wiki, & it seems he plays for Miami Dolphins as a "defensive tackle" whatever that is. Think they are the hard blokes who rush the QB or something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ndamukong_Suh

Seems I'm not the best judge of character.

2010;

He was fined $7,500 in a preseason game against the Cleveland Browns for a facemask of Jake Delhomme, fined $5,000 for using an opponent as leverage on a field goal in a week 9 game against the Jets, and fined $15,000 in a week 13 game against the Bears for unnecessary roughness against quarterback Jay Cutler.

During the third quarter of the Lions' Thanksgiving game against the Green Bay Packers on November 24, 2011, Suh pushed Packers' offensive lineman Evan Dietrich-Smith's head into the ground three times, then stomped on his arm

During a Thanksgiving game on November 22, 2012, Suh was involved in a play in which he kicked Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub in the groin.

In the Lions' Week 1 victory over the Minnesota Vikings, 34–24, Suh low blocked John Sullivan during a DeAndre Levy "pick 6"; the resulting personal foul nullified Levy's touchdown. Two days after the game, Suh was fined $100,000 for the hit

In the Lions' Week 6 victory over the Cleveland Browns, Suh tackled Browns QB Brandon Weeden in a questionable manner. Though not called for a penalty during the game, Suh was fined $31,500 by the NFL,

In Week 17, against the Green Bay Packers, Suh stepped on quarterback Aaron Rodgers' calf. Suh received a one-game suspension

During a game against the Washington Redskins on September 13, 2015, as Redskins' running back Alfred Morris was still lying on the ground following a tackle, Suh appeared to knock Morris's helmet off with his leg

Still, it seems to pay well;

On March 11, 2015, the Miami Dolphins announced that they had signed Suh to a six-year, $114 million contract with $60 million guaranteed. The contract made him the highest-paid defensive player in NFL history

I'm not usually overly fond of thugs & the like, but I did rather like Mr Suh. Probably best not to mess with him though. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47877 on: February 06, 2017, 03:18:23 PM »

When you get tackled by Suh - sorry, Mr Suh - you stay tackled.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #47878 on: February 06, 2017, 04:46:08 PM »

I don't think it is fair to compare the superbowl with the FA cup final.

NFL is played for one solitary trophy. The FA cup is the third most important trophy for the top teams.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #47879 on: February 06, 2017, 07:43:02 PM »

Jeff R called him "Ndumakong", Neil R called him "Suh" all night, what that all about?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Pages: 1 ... 3188 3189 3190 3191 [3192] 3193 3194 3195 3196 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: