blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:17:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3385 3386 3387 3388 [3389] 3390 3391 3392 3393 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296081 times)
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #50820 on: November 24, 2017, 04:55:53 PM »

Red, you have much too much time on your hands....
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #50821 on: November 24, 2017, 05:28:58 PM »

Thanksgiving in Switzerland?

Sort of. We are having our thanksgiving dinner today, actually.

Switzerland, yes. Flew to Zurich Airport, train to Lucerne, boat trip around part of Lake Lucerne, train to Zurich City Centre, shopped in the Christkindlimarkt then back home. 

Jeez, for food, & bits & bobs, Zurich must be THE most expensive city I've ever visited.

Click to see full-size image.

I went to Zurich. The loo in the station cost €1to use but it only took €2 coins and didn't give change.

I call!

Switzerland is not part of the Common Market and does not use the Euro as it's currency.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50822 on: November 24, 2017, 05:57:10 PM »

Thanksgiving in Switzerland?

Sort of. We are having our thanksgiving dinner today, actually.

Switzerland, yes. Flew to Zurich Airport, train to Lucerne, boat trip around part of Lake Lucerne, train to Zurich City Centre, shopped in the Christkindlimarkt then back home. 

Jeez, for food, & bits & bobs, Zurich must be THE most expensive city I've ever visited.

I went to Zurich. The loo in the station cost €1to use but it only took €2 coins and didn't give change.

I call!

Switzerland is not part of the Common Market and does not use the Euro as it's currency.

Rather oddly, certainly in the tourist areas of Zurich these days, goods & services are shown in both CHF & Euros, although transactions have to be in CHF.

https://www.myswitzerland.com/en-gb/currency.html

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50823 on: November 27, 2017, 10:34:35 AM »

And so, the next Media frenzy commences;

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50824 on: November 27, 2017, 10:38:54 AM »

In stark contrast, this one has just thrown up on, and ruined, a brand new carpet in the Crater household

If ever a dog could look guilty.......

Tell us more about the guilty party, Barry.

How old, name etc.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50825 on: November 27, 2017, 10:42:50 AM »

In stark contrast, this one has just thrown up on, and ruined, a brand new carpet in the Crater household

How old, name etc.

Same one as ever, this is Charlie, about to turn nine years old. About six months ago he started to slow down, was limping a lot, seemed deaf and unresponsive and we thought he was on his way out. Then we got him some medication (its the same one you may have seen on an advert on ITV), got about 4kgs off him, and he is like a puppy again. Hoping we can get him somewhere near 14 years old, which would be good for his breed etc.

Deffo one of the great joys of my life, I turn into a big kid when I'm around a dog.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50826 on: November 27, 2017, 10:43:18 AM »

Well the good thing is everyone loves the Royals so this should unite the country
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50827 on: November 27, 2017, 10:47:16 AM »

Well the good thing is everyone loves the Royals so this should unite the country

Wink

Most do, as it happens - except on blonde, & I suppose Social-Media, which both seem ridiculously anti-Royalty & out of touch with what I believe is the real situation.

Folks love a good Royal engagement, and the handsome Prince & pretty girl is the stuff of dreams for many.  
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 10:52:09 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50828 on: November 27, 2017, 10:51:36 AM »

How old, name etc.

Same one as ever, this is Charlie, about to turn nine years old. About six months ago he started to slow down, was limping a lot, seemed deaf and unresponsive and we thought he was on his way out. Then we got him some medication (its the same one you may have seen on an advert on ITV), got about 4kgs off him, and he is like a puppy again. Hoping we can get him somewhere near 14 years old, which would be good for his breed etc.

Deffo one of the great joys of my life, I turn into a big kid when I'm around a dog.

Great stuff Barry, & long may he live.

I am SO tempted to go get me a dog, now that my life is changing & I'm at home 99% of the time.

Gill is dog mad too.

We were on a train recently, & a dead-ringer for your Charlie was sat opposite.

Gill put her hand down to kind of "invite" the dog across for a stroke. It looked up at it's owner for that almost imperceptible nod of approval, then came across to us.

Dogs are so tactile. Gill was stroking his head, but he had sat himself down resting his rump against my leg. Dogs do that, cats too, (no humping jokes please), they seem to understand touch & feel.   

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50829 on: November 27, 2017, 11:11:14 AM »

How old, name etc.

I am SO tempted to go get me a dog, now that my life is changing & I'm at home 99% of the time.

Gill is dog mad too.

Gill put her hand down to kind of "invite" the dog across for a stroke. It looked up at it's owner for that almost imperceptible nod of approval, then came across to us.

Dogs are so tactile. Gill was stroking his head, but he had sat himself down resting his rump against my leg. Dogs do that, cats too, (no humping jokes please), they seem to understand touch & feel.   

I seriously recommend them, especially if retirement is on your mind. Something to focus on, forced exercise and smiles every day, there is a reason why dog owners live longer. There is also a breed for everyone, with very particular temperaments and energy levels.

Our mutual friend Mr Red Dog certainly helped me early on with dog related advice, if you are tempted he is a good guy to discuss it with.

However, I would say my Father's advice which he drilled into me is perhaps the best all encompassing advice there is, which is your aim every day should be to knacker it out - with walks and play . IMO 90% of problems people have with dogs is because they didn't have enough exercise. I'd say the same is true for people.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50830 on: November 27, 2017, 11:13:32 AM »

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/mb3dav/dog-owners-live-longer-and-are-better-people-study-shows

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50831 on: November 27, 2017, 11:19:58 AM »

Whether you get a dog or not, please read The Family Dog, Its Choice and Training by John Holmes. (if you can find a copy)

I first read it about 40 years ago and IMHO it is still the best book on the subject.

The older I get, the better I was.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #50832 on: November 27, 2017, 11:22:25 AM »

How old, name etc.

Wow 9 years old. I remember when you first had him and announced it on Blonde. Think you and Sovietsong both had new pups about the same time.

Ronnie started his slow down at about 8 and same as you I thought he was on his way out. Still got another 3 years out of the little blighter and it took cancer, not old age to get him. I'm sure Charlie will surprise you as much as Ronnie did with me.

Do make sure you keep an eye out for lumps by the way especially around the legs if he limps. I recall Ronnie having a few really bad wobbles on his legs and I just thought it was arthritis or similar. I now think it was probably the first signs of his cancer and maybe, just maybe if I'd spotted the lump sooner things could have been different.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50833 on: November 27, 2017, 11:26:32 AM »

How old, name etc.

Wow 9 years old. I remember when you first had him and announced it on Blonde. Think you and Sovietsong both had new pups about the same time.

Ronnie started his slow down at about 8 and same as you I thought he was on his way out. Still got another 3 years out of the little blighter and it took cancer, not old age to get him. I'm sure Charlie will surprise you as much as Ronnie did with me.

Do make sure you keep an eye out for lumps by the way especially around the legs if he limps. I recall Ronnie having a few really bad wobbles on his legs and I just thought it was arthritis or similar. I now think it was probably the first signs of his cancer and maybe, just maybe if I'd spotted the lump sooner things could have been different.

I loved Ronnie, there is a decent chance our next dog will be a big dopey Rottweiler Smiley

He does have one lump on his leg, but the vet has checked it out and is not concerned. He hasn't limped since he has been on the medication, so I think that issue is at bay for the moment at least.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #50834 on: November 27, 2017, 11:35:31 AM »

Gill is dog mad too.

I'll be getting another dog soon although I'm going through a house move at the moment so the timing isn't right. I'm always looking on the Dog's Trust website though and if I see the 'perfect' dog for me I'll just take the plunge and just deal with whatever circumstance arise.

If I was at home 99% of the time there wouldn't be any question for me, I'd just get it done, unfortunately I'm not so I need to be very careful. Ronnie was brilliant as I could leave him for anything up to 10 hours without any hassle whatsoever. There aren't many dogs like that so I need to be very careful that I get things right for the sake of the dog.

Would you go for a rescue Tony if you got a dog? I think that would be by far your best bet as you can get one that's already trained, been through all the hassle and already has an established personality to suit your (and the dog's) lifestyle.

The Dog's Trust really look brilliant if you ever consider pushing it further. Might be worth watching 'Lost and Found' that starts today on channel 4 at 3pm. It's all about the Dogs Trust apparently.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 ... 3385 3386 3387 3388 [3389] 3390 3391 3392 3393 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: