blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:51:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3635 3636 3637 3638 [3639] 3640 3641 3642 3643 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6321695 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54570 on: June 28, 2019, 06:39:42 AM »

Doobs went back down to ~6,000 but just got a full double. Fortunately, not against me this time.

He button raised in Big O with A-Q-J-10-2 against bad (high only) Aces.

He flopped beautifully, K-J-6, for the Broadway draw, then turned a 5 for the nut low draw, so not many rivers were bad for him.

The J river sealed the deal for a full double.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54571 on: June 28, 2019, 07:01:12 AM »

Oh my, huge three way pot just gone off between Doobs, Anon and me.

I cover them both, they each have about 10,000 I think, give or take. I have about 17,000.

Doobs raised to 1,000 we both call.

I have A-2-X-Q-Q.

Flop was 5-7-Q dd.

So I have top set and nut low draw.

Doobs bets 4,000, Anon goes all-in for, I think, 8,000 and now I have to decide whether to flat and encourage Doobs to call or raise. Matters are complicated when another player still in the hand, sat behind me and in front of  Doobs, stands up and walks away from the table with his cards in his hand, clearly signalling he he going to fold.

I move all in, then Doobs, clearly perturbed (and rightly so) by Walk Away Man, eventually calls.

They both have the nut low draw as well, with various high draws, and neither of them have diamonds.

The low comes and it runs out safe. (For me).

They both get sixthed and I get half the pot for the high and then all three of us split the low.

Shame it was Doobs, but I guess I got back what I lost to him earlier.

26,500 now, so rocking and rolling again.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 07:08:33 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54572 on: June 28, 2019, 07:09:42 AM »

Unforch we have lost Doobs, though I think he plans to re-enter.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54573 on: June 28, 2019, 07:38:08 AM »

Butchered a hand I did not need to go so deep in and dusted off 4,500 without getting to showdown.

A rash of exits means only 2 of the original table are still here. The replacements are all much more aggro, whereas it was pretty passive earlier.

21,000 as we near the end of level 8.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #54574 on: June 28, 2019, 07:52:43 AM »

I cover them both, they each have about 10,000 I think, give or take. I have about 17,000.

I have A-2-X-Q-Q.

Flop was 5-7-Q dd.

Doobs bets 4,000, Anon goes all-in for, I think, 8,000 and now I have to decide whether to flat and encourage Doobs to call or raise. Matters are complicated when another player still in the hand, sat behind me and in front of  Doobs, stands up and walks away from the table with his cards in his hand, clearly signalling he he going to fold.

I move all in, then Doobs, clearly perturbed (and rightly so) by Walk Away Man, eventually calls.

They both have the nut low draw as well, with various high draws, and neither of them have diamonds.

They both get sixthed and I get half the pot for the high and then all three of us split the low.

I have never played anything other than Holdem. I read all the updates and only really understand who has won or lost. I don't play poker any more, other than a live event once or twice a year.

My point is that it sounds like you must have to wait for ages between hands?

Sixthed the high, quartered the low.....I see so many dealers who struggle with splitting a pot in Holdem, it must be an absolute nightmare watching them split this up every hand?!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54575 on: June 28, 2019, 07:56:31 AM »

Blimey Tone, I've had a full night's sleep and you're still at it?

How long have you been playing?

The older I get, the better I was.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #54576 on: June 28, 2019, 07:58:45 AM »

At least 70 years I'd have thought.

This is the one, I can feel it.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54577 on: June 28, 2019, 08:05:34 AM »

Blimey Tone, I've had a full night's sleep and you're still at it?

How long have you been playing?

Hi Tom,

We started at 3pm, and it's midnight now, so 9 hours exactly.

It feels more like 2 hours, it's flown past. Bit of run good makes all the difference, and I've enjoyed every minute.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54578 on: June 28, 2019, 08:06:01 AM »

ZING

animalpoker

View Profile
« Reply #54579 on: June 28, 2019, 08:06:30 AM »

This is the one, I can feel it.

😂😂😂
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54580 on: June 28, 2019, 08:09:54 AM »

Level 8 ended so late reg has closed and we have just had the last break of the day. 2 levels left to play today.

Limit blinds now 400-800, PL 200-400.

Table is extremely tough now.

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #54581 on: June 28, 2019, 08:13:17 AM »

Level 8 ended so late reg has closed and we have just had the last break of the day. 2 levels left to play today.

Limit blinds now 400-800, PL 200-400.

Table is extremely tough now.

"When the going gets tough the tough get going"

Show em what a tough nut you are
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54582 on: June 28, 2019, 08:17:28 AM »

I have A-2-X-Q-Q.

Flop was 5-7-Q dd.

I have never played anything other than Holdem. I read all the updates and only really understand who has won or lost. I don't play poker any more, other than a live event once or twice a year.

My point is that it sounds like you must have to wait for ages between hands?

Sixthed the high, quartered the low.....I see so many dealers who struggle with splitting a pot in Holdem, it must be an absolute nightmare watching them split this up every hand?!

Some of the dealers are not great, and mostly deal NLHE, so struggle with split pot games. In the hand you reference, it took a good while to settle up as the dealer got very confused, there was a side pot, and half of it got sixthed.

It does not help when 3 or 4 players all chip in to tell him how he should be doing it, and as there are several ways in can be done, they all have different versions.

Heads up its easy, but 3 or 4 way, with two or more side pots and both high and low qualifiers, it really does get awkward if the dealer is not on the ball.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #54583 on: June 28, 2019, 08:40:06 AM »

It does not help when 3 or 4 players all chip in to tell him how he should be doing it, and as there are several ways in can be done, they all have different versions.

"Give me half that stack and three quarters of that one"

Always fun.

gl Mr T.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54584 on: June 28, 2019, 08:41:19 AM »

Big O.

I have 3-4-5-K in my Big Blind and we go to the flop 4 way.

Flop is......

3-A-3

I bet, I caller.

Turn.....

So that's my boat.

Trouble is, villain had A-3-5-5, aka the world, and he had me all the way. Thought his wheel had got there. If only.

Amazing how good his hand was, and then he managed to improve. Bit of an unfortunate one that, but not sure I can do too much about it.

So now I'm back to my normal low stack, 12,000, which was what I started with almost 10 hours ago.

The blinds in PL are still only 200-400, so not punitive, but they are 400-800 in the Limit game.

Will have to take my chances with a spin soon if no improvement. If I have enough chips to raise to isolate in Big O I'm never a huge dog.

Pages: 1 ... 3635 3636 3637 3638 [3639] 3640 3641 3642 3643 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: