blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:37:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3638 3639 3640 3641 [3642] 3643 3644 3645 3646 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6319629 times)
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #54615 on: June 28, 2019, 08:50:10 PM »

Thanks for all the overly kind comments lads, appreciate them. Was about time I at least gave us a glimmer of hope after performing so dismally all trip.

From what I've seen there hasn't been much dismal play just dismal luck in some never folding spots. GL for day 2, hope it's a biggie cash for you and your staking buddies.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #54616 on: June 28, 2019, 09:04:34 PM »

Thanks for all the overly kind comments lads, appreciate them. Was about time I at least gave us a glimmer of hope after performing so dismally all trip.

From what I've seen there hasn't been much dismal play just dismal luck in some never folding spots. GL for day 2, hope it's a biggie cash for you and your staking buddies.

+1

Good luck today, chaps.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54617 on: June 28, 2019, 09:57:22 PM »

Seat 5 is gin, not that I'd ever complain about something as trivial as a seat draw.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 10:00:10 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #54618 on: June 28, 2019, 10:07:32 PM »

Seat 5 is gin, not that I'd ever complain about something as trivial as a seat draw.

Congrats on the seat draw.

Disappointed that Toni's not playing today....
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54619 on: June 28, 2019, 11:00:37 PM »

good luck tony win today then spin the winnings up

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54620 on: June 28, 2019, 11:01:18 PM »

First game was PLO8, and after 4 or 5 folds I'm in the SB with.....

two hearts

Three limpers at 300-600, and I chuck in the 300 more to see the flop 4 way.

Flop comes......

That'll be the nuts then with nut flush improvers.

Not a fan of free cards in this game, they can pair up or back into the low so easily, and I can't make a low.

I bet 2,000 into 2,400.

Seat 5 announces "pot". I'm quite startled by that.

I can only assume same hand but he wants to protect against the flush, or has a worse flush draw he wants to hit, so we get it in. Seems the easiest decision ever.

All in then for a pot of around 37,000.

He shows.....

So he has a set and a dead flush draw.

Turn....

Meaningless really, that's my nut flush but I just have to fade the pair up.

River....

And......BUSTO.

Note I have a ten in my hand, so that was a little unfortunate. Not a 2 outer, as he can hit any A, 10 or 8 for a boat or the case J for quads. Think he had 8 (?) outs in total, so a dog but not monsta dog.

Real shame that, hold and double we are bang on average. But we didn't.

End of term report to follow. For now, that long miserable walk up the never ending Rio corridor. Bitterly disappointed if I'm honest, but it does not hurt for long.

Trying to think what I could have done differently. As far as the hand is concerned, nothing, think it played itself in my case. Running with a bigger stack would help of course, folks don't fear short stacks and are more inclined to gamble against them. If I had treble the villains stack he'd have thought twice about getting it in.  But I'm too nitty to build big stacks truth to tell. Thought his play was a little surprising too, he must have known I had the nuts to bet out first to act from a short stack. Exactly the play I want him to make though, so deffo not whinging.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54621 on: June 28, 2019, 11:05:02 PM »

Am wondering if maybe I could have played the hand slower and got away when it paired, but from my stack size that's not really practical. And if it pairs up and he bets he can still be betting with the bad flush or same straight.

Initial thoughts are it was a bit of a cooler, and my stack size contributed to how it played.

Not that it matters now....Smiley

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #54622 on: June 28, 2019, 11:11:59 PM »

FFS.......unlucky  talktothehand
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #54623 on: June 28, 2019, 11:14:42 PM »

Brad would say very fun

But he’s a tosser

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54624 on: June 28, 2019, 11:20:49 PM »

Hand plays itself. Unlucky.

In Marky we trust.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #54625 on: June 28, 2019, 11:21:20 PM »

Just unlucky.

It was a cold-deck.......for him.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #54626 on: June 28, 2019, 11:24:05 PM »

Am wondering if maybe I could have played the hand slower and got away when it paired, but from my stack size that's not really practical. And if it pairs up and he bets he can still be betting with the bad flush or same straight.

Initial thoughts are it was a bit of a cooler, and my stack size contributed to how it played.

Not that it matters now....Smiley

You play this game much more than I...but...Surely you've played this just fine, chappie's got lots of big blinds in with a middleish hand considering I'm guessing you've started conservatively, and you got what you wanted, river aside?

He's drawing to the board pairing, which isn't exactly ideal for him.

Unlucky, tikay. Not to be this time.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #54627 on: June 28, 2019, 11:27:33 PM »

Yea don’t worry, happy to take 5% again next year

But maybe stick to one discipline with better ROI

Them slot machine comps for example

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #54628 on: June 28, 2019, 11:41:08 PM »

Played it great, especially from Sb when were more high card heavy we want to have a leading range. Just super ul

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54629 on: June 28, 2019, 11:43:03 PM »

As you know I don't understand these games very well but if he need the board to pair to win then you've played it correctly. Because maths.

Never mind. Come home, make yourself a proper cop of tea, put the telly on, put your feet up and contemplate how great life is.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 3638 3639 3640 3641 [3642] 3643 3644 3645 3646 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: