blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 08:08:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3714 3715 3716 3717 [3718] 3719 3720 3721 3722 ... 3776 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6285505 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #55755 on: August 11, 2021, 07:56:51 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

Photo posted on Twitter by Shane Kimbrough, US Astronaut, aboard the International Space Station, some 250 miles above the Las Vegas Strip.

Incredible what you can make out. Green blob is MGM. Then you can see the Raiders stadium just above the bottom left of the Strip. Nice view of McCarran below the bottom left of the Strip. Red blob above the top right of the Strip (before it jags off to the right) is the Rio, I think. And so on.

I'm very wowed by this, the detail is incredible for 250 miles. Surely they must have used a telephoto lens?

This is about 250 miles from my bailiwick. If required, I could probably rustle up a telescopic lens joke, but otherwise, no idea.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55756 on: August 11, 2021, 11:04:15 PM »

Photo posted on Twitter by Shane Kimbrough, US Astronaut, aboard the International Space Station, some 250 miles above the Las Vegas Strip.

Incredible what you can make out. Green blob is MGM. Then you can see the Raiders stadium just above the bottom left of the Strip. Nice view of McCarran below the bottom left of the Strip. Red blob above the top right of the Strip (before it jags off to the right) is the Rio, I think. And so on.

What a stunning 'photo, thanks Tal. Been staring at it on & off all day trying to pick out various places I know. Can just about make out the new Resorts World too.

I miss Vegas so much, it's been an annual (twice annual back in the day) treat, & I absolutely love it, am never happier than when in Vegas, such a buzz.

COVID meant no trip last year or this, & the way infections are rising again in Nevada generally & Vegas in particular does not fill me with confidence for next year either. Fingers crossed, I'd so love to go there at least one mire time.

Hope you & yours, especially the family, are keeping safe & well. Strange times.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55757 on: August 11, 2021, 11:11:03 PM »

- Job you never did but wish you had. (Mine would be footballer if dreaming or policeman if something realistic).

- Thing that no-one on blonde knows about you that you can share with us now. (I cant ride a bike)

- Best decision ever made

- Worst decision

- Do you ever speak to Compo or know where he is or what he's doing these days?

- Favourite 'foreign' food?

- Poker player you found the most difficult to interview or do a show with?

- Poker player you admire most.

- What are your thoughts on the direction of blonde? Do you ever think about ways to re-ignite it a little ? It's such a great forum and has been invaluable for many of us.

I'll do an easy one today.

"Favourite 'foreign' food?"

None, I don't really eat any foreign food. I can manage a spag bol, enjoy it actually, & I've had my share of takeaways from Chinese Restaurants, but only very basic stiff - lemon chicken, sweet sour chicken, egg fried rice, that's about it. No "real" Chinese food.

Simply, I can't or won't eat anything that contains any sorts of vegetables, & I'm repulsed by stuff like onion or any types of spicy stuff.

I know, I know, boring as boring can be. Does not stop me over-eating traditional English food though so much so that I've had to battle my weight all my life. I absolutely love eating, but just have a very uncultured palate.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55758 on: August 12, 2021, 09:31:49 AM »

- Job you never did but wish you had. (Mine would be footballer if dreaming or policeman if something realistic).

- Thing that no-one on blonde knows about you that you can share with us now. (I cant ride a bike)

- Worst decision

- What are your thoughts on the direction of blonde? Do you ever think about ways to re-ignite it a little ? It's such a great forum and has been invaluable for many of us.

None, I don't really eat any foreign food. I can manage a spag bol, enjoy it actually, & I've had my share of takeaways from Chinese Restaurants, but only very basic stiff - lemon chicken, sweet sour chicken, egg fried rice, that's about it. No "real" Chinese food.

Simply, I can't or won't eat anything that contains any sorts of vegetables, & I'm repulsed by stuff like onion or any types of spicy stuff.

I know, I know, boring as boring can be. Does not stop me over-eating traditional English food though so much so that I've had to battle my weight all my life. I absolutely love eating, but just have a very uncultured palate.

Whaaat.  Onions are the best.  You never had a cheese and onion sandwich ?

Before my Cholesteral levels went through the roof , the meal i enjoyed most was bacon and fried onion sandwiches.

Six rounds of well buttered bread , nine rashers of crispy bacon , and four onions fried really really slowly for a couple of hours.  Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55759 on: August 12, 2021, 09:57:56 AM »

- Worst decision

Whaaat.  Onions are the best.  You never had a cheese and onion sandwich ?

Before my Cholesteral levels went through the roof , the meal i enjoyed most was bacon and fried onion sandwiches.

Six rounds of well buttered bread , nine rashers of crispy bacon , and four onions fried really really slowly for a couple of hours.  Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Good on you mate. I just can't abide onions. I don't mind the flavour of them, it's something about the texture of them. Every time I order a burger in Vegas I have to go through that rigmarole of "no onions, no relish" palaver, & they look at me gone out.

I think it goes back to my childhood. As a little boy (about 4 years old) I went to stay with an Uncle & Auntie in Wootton Rivers in Wiltshire for a few months, lovely place right by the Avon & Kennet canal. Very old fashioned couple, & Uncle George was a farmer who mostly grew vegetables. Aunty Winnie's speciality was home made onion soup, & to this day I can't bear the thought of onions. Poor Auntie Winnie later went blind but continued to cycle around Wootton Rivers daily until there was an unfortunate coming together with the local bus which all ended rather badly.  
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 10:12:50 AM by tikay » Logged

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #55760 on: August 12, 2021, 11:19:20 AM »

- Worst decision

Whaaat.  Onions are the best.  You never had a cheese and onion sandwich ?

Six rounds of well buttered bread , nine rashers of crispy bacon , and four onions fried really really slowly for a couple of hours.  Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Good on you mate. I just can't abide onions. I don't mind the flavour of them, it's something about the texture of them. Every time I order a burger in Vegas I have to go through that rigmarole of "no onions, no relish" palaver, & they look at me gone out.

I think it goes back to my childhood. As a little boy (about 4 years old) I went to stay with an Uncle & Auntie in Wootton Rivers in Wiltshire for a few months, lovely place right by the Avon & Kennet canal. Very old fashioned couple, & Uncle George was a farmer who mostly grew vegetables. Aunty Winnie's speciality was home made onion soup, & to this day I can't bear the thought of onions. Poor Auntie Winnie later went blind but continued to cycle around Wootton Rivers daily until there was an unfortunate coming together with the local bus which all ended rather badly.  

I'm with you Tikay, no onions!! I'll use one when making a stew, but it goes in whole so I can remove it and not have bits hiding in the gravy. My pet hate is the 'handmade burger' which arrives looking great, you bite it, and they've put chopped onion in the actual burger itself - I paid for meat patty in a roll, if I'd wanted veg I'd have gone to the vegan place along the road!!

I remember you making a great breakfast Booder, but thankfully no onions Cheesy

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55761 on: August 12, 2021, 11:26:40 AM »

Spot on Rod. The flavour is fine, but actually biting into a piece of hidden onion is the worst thing ever.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #55762 on: August 12, 2021, 08:49:57 PM »

^ ^ ^

Palestines - the pair of you - Palestines!*

Borrowed from Monty Python and latterly the late lamented Big Laz

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55763 on: August 13, 2021, 09:00:01 AM »

^ ^ ^

Cheesy

im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55764 on: August 13, 2021, 09:33:46 AM »

This photo was taken at GUKPT Manchester last night.

Maybe I've got this mask thing all wrong, but I can't imagine a more fertile breeding ground for the virus than a cardroom.

And yet there's not a mask in sight.

Way too scary for me, but they are getting record numbers at Live venues all over the UK.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55765 on: August 13, 2021, 09:36:26 AM »

On a more cheerful note though, amongst those bagging up chips was this chap, who will return with 49,700 at 600-1,200.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #55766 on: August 13, 2021, 01:44:26 PM »

^ ^ ^

Grin

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #55767 on: August 13, 2021, 01:50:04 PM »

This photo was taken at GUKPT Manchester last night.

Maybe I've got this mask thing all wrong, but I can't imagine a more fertile breeding ground for the virus than a cardroom.

And yet there's not a mask in sight.

Way too scary for me, but they are getting record numbers at Live venues all over the UK.

I'm not in a position to criticise I was in here:

Was glorious being back but hope we don't see a spike on the back of it.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55768 on: August 14, 2021, 09:06:35 AM »

https://twitter.com/keiththecamel/status/1426288051089719317?s=20

Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55769 on: August 15, 2021, 07:59:25 AM »

Go on Trigg;

Pages: 1 ... 3714 3715 3716 3717 [3718] 3719 3720 3721 3722 ... 3776 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: