blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:28:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3725 3726 3727 3728 [3729] 3730 3731 3732 3733 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6321092 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55920 on: February 19, 2022, 06:27:16 PM »

No live sports spoilers on inappropriate boards please. MOTD and all that.

Sorry Tom, can't get used to the fact that you are a bit of a football fan.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #55921 on: February 19, 2022, 06:27:37 PM »

I happened across one on Sky Documentaries the other day called The Alpinist about a young Canadian rock climber.

Truly extraordinary young man and the only thing better than the incredible camera angles and the stupendous decision not to have any music or commentary for large parts of it is the story itself.

Thanks Simon.

I'll have to construct a little "To watch" list at this rate.

Will put that at # 2, after I've seen the Boeing one suggested by the elderly fella earlier.

Right now I'm watching Spurs upsetting the odds at The Etihad. Can it last? 

Well, as far as this thread goes, it will last until at least 10.30

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55922 on: February 19, 2022, 06:54:01 PM »

I'm allowed to post this, as it does not indicate the result.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55923 on: February 19, 2022, 07:22:01 PM »

I'm allowed to post this, as it does not indicate the result.

Shithousery is going to be my word of the week.

The older I get, the better I was.
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #55924 on: February 20, 2022, 11:23:13 PM »

Click to see full-size image.
2022-02-20_11-21-04 by Kevin Bloor, on Flickr

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #55925 on: March 06, 2022, 02:07:31 PM »

Watched some of this yesterday - very compelling.

On the theme of jets - Teeks, I think you said you got Netflix. Downfall, the case against Boeing is a compelling doc around the 737 max. Well worth 90 mins

Just got round to watching the Boeing documentary.

Frightening viewing and doubtless much more went on behind the scenes than was finally revealed during the inquests.

Love how the CEO resigned at the behest of the board of Directors like it was all his fault.

That $65M pay off must buy a lot of silence.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #55926 on: March 26, 2022, 01:28:42 AM »

Don't know if anyone is up, but SV Delos are live streaming a Panama Canal crossing.  Fascinating stuff, but Iam going to crash.  Any night owls can watch it here.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #55927 on: March 26, 2022, 05:17:13 PM »

Hope all is going well at Rendezvous... I didn't finish work until late on Thursday.

Even with that I still wouldn't have got done in time to be there much before late-reg ended, and I hate late-regging deep.

Guess I'll have to hope there is another after the WSOP, or that we all make it there Smiley

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55928 on: March 27, 2022, 09:41:15 AM »

Hope all is going well at Rendezvous... I didn't finish work until late on Thursday.

Even with that I still wouldn't have got done in time to be there much before late-reg ended, and I hate late-regging deep.

Guess I'll have to hope there is another after the WSOP, or that we all make it there Smiley

Morning Marky.

Yes, it's going very well, & a shame you could not make it, as we had a few faces there, & you could have congratulated Mr Channing on his stunning BE Cheltenham results. He absolutely killed it.

If I give you more notice this time, perhaps I will see you at one of the next two SPT's? 

SPT Glasgow, 27th - 29th May

Alternatively, & perhaps a tad more interesting.....

SPT Las Vegas, 3rd - 10th July

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/sky-poker-tour-las-vegas

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #55929 on: March 27, 2022, 11:54:35 AM »

Pity you have to qualify for the Vegas event. I imagine a few Brits who are already out there for the Main might have been interested in buying in to this!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #55930 on: March 27, 2022, 10:25:10 PM »

Pity you have to qualify for the Vegas event. I imagine a few Brits who are already out there for the Main might have been interested in buying in to this!

I imagine this is precisely why they want people to qualify for it.

Presumably wanting to crown an SPT Vegas champ from people who actually use the site rather than randoms who happen to be in the vicinity on the right day.

Seems a great way to give their regulars something exciting to aim for.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #55931 on: March 28, 2022, 03:19:50 AM »

Morning Marky.

Yes, it's going very well, & a shame you could not make it, as we had a few faces there, & you could have congratulated Mr Channing on his stunning BE Cheltenham results. He absolutely killed it.

If I give you more notice this time, perhaps I will see you at one of the next two SPT's? 

Glad to hear it, and I'd definitely liked to have headed over, as there is always a good crowd at Brighton comps.

Take it they had a good festival then. Always good to hear, especially for the ones that love to moan when they lose, and didn't sign up 

I'll congratulate him in Vegas, and let him buy me a pint Grin

I'm out there until 15th July, but already comped at Cosmo that week. Will probably have a go anyway, and can always give the hotel to my brother or something.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #55932 on: April 03, 2022, 01:15:57 AM »

Get your diary planned out, Tikay!!

Wynn - https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/festival.php?a=r&n=41289

Venetian - https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/festival.php?a=r&n=40545

Nugget - https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/festival.php?a=r&n=40675

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55933 on: April 07, 2022, 01:49:14 PM »

Morning Marky.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/sky-poker-tour-las-vegas

Does this mean there will be a chance of a Tikay Stake running this year?

Cymru am byth
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #55934 on: April 07, 2022, 03:50:23 PM »

what with all the cost of living going through the roof, i have no money to throw away, so i sincerely hope not.
Pages: 1 ... 3725 3726 3727 3728 [3729] 3730 3731 3732 3733 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: