blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:33:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3774 3775 3776 3777 [3778] 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6331199 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56655 on: March 21, 2024, 10:35:10 AM »

I think you will get one for £25- £30 on amazon etc, def no need to spend some of the prices on that link.

I'm a bit of a sucker for youtube instruction vids and the board is quite useful for trying out the ideas, and quite quickly working out whether they are going to lead to a more consistent strike.

I jut took out a 5 day membership of a nearby club. It is quite long though (in seniors terms) at 6800 yards from the back tees and was an open qualifying venue in the early naughties, but the main advantage is that I can put a few clubs in a pencil bag and play a nine holes. I think that is more fun than a basket of balls at the range.

Me too, but they frustrate me to bits. Usually 11 to 15 minutes of which 80% is waffle. I dread to think how many I've watched. As it happens, just yesterday I happened across some Ben Hogan You Tube golf tips. He's been dead the best part of 30 years, but his golf vids are pure gold, very basic, simple & straightforward.

For example.....

(skip to 25 seconds in)

You may well be right that 9 holes on a Course is far better than a basket of balls at the Range, which can be a bit soul destroying day after day, especially when the weather is bad. Now you've tickled my fancy & I am tempted to go play 9 somewhere this afternoon.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 10:37:33 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #56656 on: March 21, 2024, 10:44:05 AM »

"isn't that simple - anyone can do that"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56657 on: March 21, 2024, 10:55:25 AM »

"isn't that simple - anyone can do that"

Ha. If only.....

It does LOOK simple, to be fair.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #56658 on: March 21, 2024, 01:04:41 PM »

Was golfing yesterday with Leicester Tigers

I got you and Bookiebasher an invite and he said you was playing snooker

Good job the food and beer was good

Noooooooooooo? Would love to have played. I'm either being whooshed or I've misunderstood something, I've not played snooker for around 30 years, & I was "free" yesterday.

That aside, great to hear from you Trev, you still making millions on the commodities?
Bookie must of meant HE was playing snooker, I took it as though you were both snookering

Commodities trading going nice and steady, the current climate seems fairly quiet or after 45 years of trading I may actually finally be learning not to be toooooo greedy
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56659 on: March 21, 2024, 01:22:12 PM »

Was golfing yesterday with Leicester Tigers

I got you and Bookiebasher an invite and he said you was playing snooker

Good job the food and beer was good

Noooooooooooo? Would love to have played. I'm either being whooshed or I've misunderstood something, I've not played snooker for around 30 years, & I was "free" yesterday.

That aside, great to hear from you Trev, you still making millions on the commodities?
Bookie must of meant HE was playing snooker, I took it as though you were both snookering

Commodities trading going nice and steady, the current climate seems fairly quiet or after 45 years of trading I may actually finally be learning not to be toooooo greedy

Ahh yes, that figures, he's a regular at the snooker club apparently.

Glad to hear of your new-found relaxed attitude to commodity trading. Quite interesting how many of us - well certainly me - take until our dotage to learn life's most basic & obvious lessons. All of a sudden it's all so obvious.

bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #56660 on: March 21, 2024, 02:40:40 PM »

enjoyed your take on "top boy" , most amusing

you may have seen the film already, its the brasilian version called city of god . cant quite believe its over 20 years old now.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56661 on: March 21, 2024, 02:48:36 PM »

enjoyed your take on "top boy" , most amusing

you may have seen the film already, its the brasilian version called city of god . cant quite believe its over 20 years old now.

Might have whooshed me there fam.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56662 on: March 21, 2024, 03:54:32 PM »

I worked my way through all those suggested TV Series. Think there were 7 or 8 & it seemed that most of them were on different platforms. I've got Sky, Netflix & Prime, but these days you need Paramount, Disney, Apple & God knows how many others. So it starts to get expensive.

If you have sky you get paramount for free

Well I never knew that.Thanks Iron. You back home now bud?

yeah got home on Friday evening just in time to miss you bubbling in the tipster comp.

Glad you got into the beautiful game of golf i was so lucky as a kid having so many courses within a 15 minute drive from my house.

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #56663 on: March 22, 2024, 12:32:48 AM »

A few other tv series along the crime / gangster genre
Boardwalk Empire , Godfather of Harlem , Gangs of. London and Peaky Blinders

Hope you are well tikay 

I'm grand ta Craig.

Where are you these days - still in China? All good with you & yours?

I’m great thanks Tony .
I left China in 2022 and moved to Thailand ,which is where  I had always  wanted to finally be after initially discovering Asia all those years ago

I have lived in Asia for 15 years now  and do wonder where the time has gone . They say time flies when you are having fun!

I also play a fair bit of golf again now which like you I do really enjoy.
Next month we have a competition called the Thai China Ryder Cup which is between expats from China vs expats from Thailand (who once lived in China). Just an excuse for a group of mates to play 3 days of golf together and have a catch up and the craic

Take care mate it’s been emotional

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56664 on: March 22, 2024, 08:04:34 AM »

Hope you are well tikay 

I'm grand ta Craig.

I’m great thanks Tony .
I left China in 2022 and moved to Thailand ,which is where  I had always  wanted to finally be after initially discovering Asia all those years ago

I have lived in Asia for 15 years now  and do wonder where the time has gone . They say time flies when you are having fun!

Next month we have a competition called the Thai China Ryder Cup which is between expats from China vs expats from Thailand (who once lived in China). Just an excuse for a group of mates to play 3 days of golf together and have a catch up and the craic

Noooooooooooo - 15 years? It does not feel anything like that since those wonderful days at J10. There were some characters there.

I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #56665 on: March 22, 2024, 09:56:02 AM »

Hope you are well tikay 

I'm grand ta Craig.

I’m great thanks Tony .

Noooooooooooo - 15 years? It does not feel anything like that since those wonderful days at J10. There were some characters there.

There certainly were , unfortunately many are no longer with us. 

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56666 on: March 29, 2024, 08:51:06 AM »

You might like to see this fella. Nearly 2 now. My equivalent to your golf!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56667 on: March 29, 2024, 10:04:41 AM »

One of the healthiest looking bulldogs I've ever seen Rich.

BTW- Is that a Weatherspoons carpet?

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56668 on: March 29, 2024, 10:11:37 AM »

That's great to hear & see Rich. It's good to have a passion in life, be it a pet, or a hobby (golf or whatever). It's certainly livened up my latter years.

You may be surprised to know I've followed your "Dog Passion" since Day One on Twitter. Some great photos on there, here's a couple which others might enjoy...

Click to see full-size image.

This is my favourite....

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56669 on: March 29, 2024, 10:13:28 AM »

Do you still have the cat, Rich?

Pages: 1 ... 3774 3775 3776 3777 [3778] 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: