blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:54:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 509 510 [511] 512 513 514 515 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6332170 times)
feedthegoat

View Profile
« Reply #7650 on: July 28, 2008, 07:59:32 PM »

I was never a fan of the sun that is until last week when me and a few mates were marooned in the Shetlands and the sun stepped in and flew us to the Faroes for a Man City game. I did feel a bit of a media whore but for private jets and free beer I think it was worth it.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #7651 on: July 28, 2008, 08:20:25 PM »

Interestingly (to me anyhow), The Sun was from it's outset and for many years a right-wing  tory rag, until "new labour" arrived and then it crossed the house.

What price it crosses back for the next general election ?

Amazingly the Sun decided on the eve of Blair coming to govt that they were right behind the Labour leader, even tho for months they had tried to get the Tories in. In the face of a clear defeat they decided to support Blair and then brought out their favourite headline'it was the Sun wot won it' claiming that their backing made all the difference.

you couldnt make it up really could you?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7652 on: July 28, 2008, 08:25:46 PM »

Interestingly (to me anyhow), The Sun was from it's outset and for many years a right-wing  tory rag, until "new labour" arrived and then it crossed the house.

Amazingly the Sun decided on the eve of Blair coming to govt that they were right behind the Labour leader, even tho for months they had tried to get the Tories in. In the face of a clear defeat they decided to support Blair and then brought out their favourite headline'it was the Sun wot won it' claiming that their backing made all the difference.

Before the last election Blair won the Sun ran a headline saying "One more chance!" only a little while before the election and when it became clear Labour would win..quite funny they didn't jump on that bandwagon when the polls were slightly closer.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #7653 on: July 28, 2008, 11:14:57 PM »

Posted by: boldie
Nothing anyone likes better than being told off by someone who registered 1 day earlier.

Blatant bully post resulting in short ban imo.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7654 on: July 29, 2008, 04:47:36 AM »

I'm so behind with my Diary Updates, replies & stuff, but it'll have to wait, I'm tired & still a bit UTW, & Tuesday & Wednesday are chock-a-block with work. Followed by  2 week Break, the DTD 3-2-1 Weekend, (the first I've been able to do for many months) & the Luton Fessie. Happy Days.

And what about that news from Rob Yong - superb! No more rebuys, glory be, &, if I read his note correctly, the decline in player behavioiur has been noted & will be addressed.

But if you want to hear some shock news, well clock this........

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7655 on: July 29, 2008, 04:48:51 AM »

Tonight's Luton £50+£50+£50 was chopped by.....

Rookie & Compo!

You could not make it up.

Delighted for both of them.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7656 on: July 29, 2008, 08:04:05 AM »

I had the right horse but wrong race.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7657 on: July 29, 2008, 08:05:59 AM »

Posted by: boldie
Nothing anyone likes better than being told off by someone who registered 1 day earlier.

Blatant bully post resulting in short ban imo.

lol Bully post?..How? I was simply making the observation that people love getting told off and told that their discussions are pointless by someone who just registered.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #7658 on: July 29, 2008, 12:50:36 PM »

And what about that news from Rob Yong - superb! No more rebuys, glory be, &, if I read his note correctly, the decline in player behavioiur has been noted & will be addressed.

Not only that but Rob mentioned something on Sunday about a real humdinger of a 1st anniversary fessie in November.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #7659 on: July 29, 2008, 01:15:04 PM »

I worked for the Sun at that point (freelance finance columnist once a month) and got so many calls from readers on the next phone in asking why they had changed horses. I think that was the pivitol point for the drop in readership.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7660 on: July 29, 2008, 01:36:05 PM »

I worked for the Sun at that point (freelance finance columnist once a month) and got so many calls from readers on the next phone in asking why they had changed horses. I think that was the pivitol point for the drop in readership.

I remember reading (it was on the Internet, so it must be true), that during the Thatcher years, the majority of s*n readers actually thought it was a pro-Labour paper.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #7661 on: July 29, 2008, 01:43:23 PM »

Re the Sun, when you looked at the Sun in England & the different stance in Scotland you could feel their desire to disrupt Labour's vote in Scotland when they were backing the Tories down South (they were pro-SNP at that point).

Once they realised that a) Labour were going to win & b) Labour were Tory-lite they changed their tune.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7662 on: July 29, 2008, 04:11:14 PM »

Hope you guys are all gonna thank me for the lack of silly pictures from his camera on this thread!!! Grin

HI HELEN!
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #7663 on: July 29, 2008, 04:25:49 PM »

Hope you guys are all gonna thank me for the lack of silly pictures from his camera on this thread!!! Grin

Bad news, he got them back ... he showed me one of a dog in a life jacket ... im sure he was aroused when he brought the camera over !

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7664 on: July 29, 2008, 04:28:49 PM »

Bad news, he got them back ... he showed me one of a dog in a life jacket ... im sure he was aroused when he brought the camera over !

Ooh, yes, that reminds me, I'll Post those later - & the Jesus Army March. (I have 27 pics of that).

I should add that Rooks deliberately tried to sabotage my camera. Luckily, I used to be a camera-mender, so I fixed it.

Pages: 1 ... 507 508 509 510 [511] 512 513 514 515 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: