blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:48:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 511 512 [513] 514 515 516 517 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6332094 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #7680 on: July 29, 2008, 06:50:04 PM »

I am still waiting for you to post some cash games hand from DTD, in particular the one where i called you down in holdem....

It's on my "to Post" List.

First I have to Post the pic of the dog in a lifejacket, the Jesus Army, some boats, & my shopping trip to an aural Torture Chamber.

OK as long as you don't forget that pot, who won it btw?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #7681 on: July 29, 2008, 06:50:46 PM »

aural Torture Chamber.

what's that all about then?  do they make you listen to Ironstein singing?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7682 on: July 29, 2008, 06:50:55 PM »

I am still waiting for you to post some cash games hand from DTD, in particular the one where i called you down in holdem....

It's on my "to Post" List.

First I have to Post the pic of the dog in a lifejacket, the Jesus Army, some boats, & my shopping trip to an aural Torture Chamber.

OK as long as you don't forget that pot, who won it btw?

How could I ever forget it?

PS - I can't remember who won it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #7683 on: July 29, 2008, 06:51:22 PM »

aural Torture Chamber.

what's that all about then?  do they make you listen to Ironstein singing?

knock knock

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #7684 on: July 29, 2008, 06:52:08 PM »

Are they in your Lap Top case?.

No, searched that. I parked the car next door, in the Car Park, & have not used it since Tuesday. I took the train when I went to London yesterday, & walked to the Luton-G last night. A mystery.

Regards has just rung, he'll have a new key by tomorrow, in Leicester, & I'll jump a train first thing in the morning to collect it. Thank the Lord for Regards.

The Hotel Staff stole the keys, they were caught by the Hotel Management, who then slipped the keys back into my Lappie-Case to avoid recriminations.

It's pretty obvious what happened, really.

It's just not possible that they were in my Lappie Bag all the time, & that I took them all the way to Vegas & back.

I'm 100% almost nearly absolutely quite certain of this.

When are you ever going to belive me Tony, I am a woman therefore I am always right.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7685 on: August 01, 2008, 02:40:43 AM »

Hopefully, tomorrow (Friday) I can start getting back up to speed with my Diary. I've just not had a moment since Vegas. So much to Post, & despite the effiorts of Ding & Rooks, my Camera still works, so lots of pics await uploading.

I was barely able to finish last night's Show, as I was most unwell, but aderenelin got me through. I could not sleep though, (I was at Jurys Inn, Heathrow) as I'd run out of painkillers, & it was a horrible night. As is always the case, I eventually fell asleep at about 7am, & the 'phone rang at 8am........jeez. For someone to ring me at 8am, it had to be important, so I answered it - it was someone from Australia, of all places. "You not in bed yet, are youi?" said they. "It's 8am in the bloody morning" I replied, testily......

I driove back home today & met Angell. He was sulking. I went back to bed this afternoon, never even opened up the PC, or took my e-Mails, just felt too out of it.

I got up at 5pm & went across to DTD tonight with some colleagues from Sky - a business meet - & we met with Rob, Nick, & Mother Hen. Rob & Mother Hen were in great form.

Nick was full of baby-talk. "It weighs x centimetres, & is x kilos tall, it's shit stinks though". Must try this having a baby lark one day.

Good atmo at DTD. Rob was playing Cash, & the £50 Freeze included the usuals, Chris Bruce, Greek Jack, Pete Conduit, Barry Neville, da de da.

Got asked to play an Invite Only 6 handed £2.50 £5 cash game at DTD on Friday Evening. There will be two Tables running, one Hosted by Rob Yong, one by Chubbs. It'd be cool to play that, but I have some business to attend to first, down South, & I'm a day behind with e-Mails - they pile up so - so I'll decide if I can make it tomorrow. I just can't get my head right when I have so much to do though, so it depends if I get caught up. I'll deffo play it next Friday, though.

Last night's Sky Show was, sadly, my last for a fortnight - till August 14th in fact, (then I've got 7 in 14 nights) so I've got some chill time ahead now. I'll play the DTD 3-2-1 £300 on Saturday, (my first of these for 4 or 5 months) & the Luton Fessie next week, all of it hopefully. Sunday is a poser though, Day Two of the 3-2-1 weekend, or a oh-so-rare £150 Pot Limit Jobbie at Luton? Pot-Limit Events, where my best Fessie results are, are so rare these days, almost extinct, so that's the slight favourite right now, but it depends how the £300 goes I suppose. Either way, I'll be at Luton from Monday to Thursday.

I defer to the viiew that Pot-Limit is a far more skilful game than No-Limit - but then I would say that, would I not? And yes, I know I'm in a big minority.

Spoke to Ding at length yesterday, her business is recovering well from the closedown forced upon her by the Anglian Water contamination scare. Shame she's not a Farmer, then she could claim her losses back from the Government, as Farmers do when Foot & Mouth or blue-tongue breaks out. Farming seems to be the only industry that the Government bend over backwards to be cooey-wooey to, I've never understood why. Bloody farmers clog our roads with un-taxed tractors using red diesel. I'd shoot the lot of them. They are like French folks, never stop moaning.

I'm done for now.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7686 on: August 01, 2008, 03:21:06 AM »

You coud not make this stuff up.

Inflation in Zimbabwe is 15 million% per annum. Can you imagine that?

These snippets come from a BBC News Report.

On Monday, the Zimbabwe government introduced the 100 billion Zimbabwe dollar note (for the uninitiated, a billion has nine zeros).

So far this year, the country ravaged by hyperinflation has been forced to print 100-million, 250-million and 500-million notes in rapid succession. All of them are now almost worthless.

Only last week, the Harare Herald advertised the Lotto bonanza prize being offered was 1.2 quadrillion Zimbabwean dollars. At the time, that was equivalent to around 4,000 US dollars

"What is confusing is counting of the figures on your cheques as you try to make sure you are not under or over paying someone, or the struggling to read price tags in shops that have not yet knocked off zeros and so on," she says.

As a result, the banks recently agreed to lop six zeros off transactions and documentation.

Economist John Robertson predicts that within a month they will be forced to drop another three

This practice - knocking off zeros - is the most common way of preserving sanity.

Most calculators simply cannot show enough digits.

So, Mr Mugabe's obedient & extremely numerate Finance Minister announced last night - this is absolutely true, I promise you - that he had decided to devalue the Zimbabwe currency by a factor of 10 billion. Yes, that''s right - 10 billion. That's 10,000,000,000.

Sensing his audience did not quite understand what he was saying, he made it simpler for them.

"As of midnight tonight, knock ten zeros off the existing currency value, & that will be correct".

No mention of curing inflation, just curing - temporarily - it's effect.

And you thought Gordon Brown was off his rocker?

Effective Saturday, I'll be mostly writing about poker for a whole week. At least that's believable.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7687 on: August 01, 2008, 03:25:17 AM »

A man on a Greyhound bus travelling across the Canadian Prairies has killed and decapitated a fellow passenger.

An eyewitness said the victim was stabbed 50 or 60 times by the man sitting next to him, who then severed his head with a large knife.

Mr Caton, the bus driver and a trucker who had stopped at the scene boarded the vehicle to see if the victim was still alive.

"When we came back on the bus... he was cutting the guy's head off and pretty much gutting him up," Mr Caton said.

The attacker ran at them, Mr Caton said, and they ran out of the bus, holding the door shut to prevent him getting out.

"He calmly walks up to the front [of the bus] with the head in his hand and the knife and just calmly stares at us and drops the head right in front of us," Mr Caton said.

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #7688 on: August 01, 2008, 04:42:46 AM »

A man on a Greyhound bus travelling across the Canadian Prairies has killed and decapitated a fellow passenger.

An eyewitness said the victim was stabbed 50 or 60 times by the man sitting next to him, who then severed his head with a large knife.

Mr Caton, the bus driver and a trucker who had stopped at the scene boarded the vehicle to see if the victim was still alive.

"When we came back on the bus... he was cutting the guy's head off and pretty much gutting him up," Mr Caton said.

The attacker ran at them, Mr Caton said, and they ran out of the bus, holding the door shut to prevent him getting out.

"He calmly walks up to the front [of the bus] with the head in his hand and the knife and just calmly stares at us and drops the head right in front of us. Just before the stabbing the victim was heard telling a train story," Mr Caton said.

FYP
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7689 on: August 01, 2008, 05:05:16 AM »

You coud not make this stuff up.

Inflation in Zimbabwe is 15 million% per annum. Can you imagine that?

These snippets come from a BBC News Report.

On Monday, the Zimbabwe government introduced the 100 billion Zimbabwe dollar note (for the uninitiated, a billion has nine zeros).

When I were a lad (and Tikay must have been just collecting his first free bus pass), a (British) billion had 12 zeroes as opposed to the cheaper, and inferior, American billion with just 9 zeroes. Does anyone else yearn for those days?

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7690 on: August 01, 2008, 09:58:58 AM »

I think I've turned the corner, & am on the mend.

e-Mail backlog being attacked as we speak. I shall destroy it.

Strange being unwell. I prefer to work when unwell, as it takes my mind off whatever ails me, but I can't be anywhere near as effective. My work this week has all been passive, "holding replies". I can't do creative, or pro-active. Without which, there's just no point in doing anything. A vicious circle if ever there was one.

I've not been able to summon up the creativity do my Sky Blog this week, or my Diary, I'm so "flat", & that's bugging me. I'm obliged, & paid, to do one piece a week for Sky, but I enjoy writing so much, I did three pieces last week, & a piece every day when I was in Vegas, because writing is fun. But this week, not done a word. I've got all ther material ready, I just can't get bloody started.

When the going gets tough, the spineless do nothing. Time to show some spirit.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7691 on: August 01, 2008, 10:04:50 AM »

In case you missed it, or don't visit "The Lounge" much, there's a new Diary across there, & it's an absolute corker. Not much yippie-dee-doo-dah, more slap round the face realiity check, but beautifully written. I hope you take a look. It's by Geo the Sarge, & tells the story - so far - of the loss of his Soldier Brother, who was fatally shot by a sniper in Northern Ireland.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=35641.0

If you like it, please Post on his Thread & say so, or PM him - it's fuel to a writer, the knowledge that it's being read.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7692 on: August 01, 2008, 10:19:03 AM »

"He calmly walks up to the front [of the bus] with the head in his hand and the knife and just calmly stares at us and drops the head right in front of us. Just before the stabbing the victim was heard telling a train story," Mr Caton said.

FYP

Close, but no cigar. The victim was listening to his i-pod, but the killer became irritated by that tinny sound those nearby hear.

Talking of train stories......I did a Steam Engine Spot-Prize Question on Sky Poker earlier this week, & we got a veritable flood of answers, all correct! See, peeps like Locos.

But I nearly got caught out. One of the replies sent ME a bunch more questions on the same Loco, just to "test me".

I'd asked what was unique about the British Rail Steam Locomotive  "Evening Star", & what was it's number. I was trying to find a tenouos link to one of Sky's Sponsors that night, the Star Newespaper. Yes, I know, very tenouos, (sp?) but I did it on the hoof.

Richard Orford, quick as a flash, decided to turn my tormenters questions into a sort of MasterMind Tribute.

We did the fake MasterMind music, then he said "Name?" - "Tony Kendall", "Occupation?" - "Train Geek, Sex God, & OAP", da de da.

And I'm thinking, NOOOOOOOOOOO, I'm gonna be exposed here. We all know I'm having memory problems, & Rich refused to show me the questions or answers in advance.

Bizarrely, I got almost every question right, instantly, on Live TV. Date made, cost, weight, width, length, when it was withdrawn from service, tender capacity, wheel arrangement. Wow.

How thoroughly sad. Looking back, I so wish I'd put my life to better use. But equally, I'm so pleased I have what I have, as I was sent to a "Special School" when I was a kid because they had me down as mentally deficient. I could sue if they described me as that, though they'd be on safer ground if they derscibed me as "deranged". Wink

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7693 on: August 01, 2008, 03:31:22 PM »

Talking of railway trivia, I read an interesting one recently: Travelling between which two mainline (not underground) stations in the UK gives you the cheapest annual season ticket (at £196)?

Clue - a train on a pier was mentioned a few pages back, but the pier mentioned previously is not unique in having a train line on it...

Well, I thought it was interesting, anyway Smiley.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7694 on: August 01, 2008, 03:39:50 PM »

Talking of railway trivia, I read an interesting one recently: Travelling between which two mainline (not underground) stations in the UK gives you the cheapest annual season ticket (at £196)?

Clue - a train on a pier was mentioned a few pages back, but the pier mentioned previously is not unique in having a train line on it...

Well, I thought it was interesting, anyway Smiley.

There is another pier - apart from Southend - in the UK, with a train on it?

Blackpool?

Wigan?

Weymouth?

Portsmouth Harbour?

Pages: 1 ... 509 510 511 512 [513] 514 515 516 517 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: