blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 03:25:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272954 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 636 637 [638] 639 640 641 642 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6393808 times)
Digger

View Profile
« Reply #9555 on: October 16, 2008, 04:01:18 PM »

With impeccable timing, I decided to sort my Shares out - or get Chili so to do - & she got them all in neat packages for me, & I trotted off to Natwest to set up a BrokerLine Account, so I could see where I am at financially. There were, literally, hundreds of Share Certificates, many of them "dead", & most of them "scrip dividend" shares in small denominations. But Chili got them all in apple-pie order.

I met Mr Bank Account Manager, but to my annoyance - I have a long-held loathing & contempt for Clearing Bank incompetence & ethicacy, he ambushed me with a Pensions Geezer.

This "Pensions" guy was trying to flog me a Pension, & I got a wee bit tetchy with him. "Do you know how old I am?" I said, as he vainly suggested I "save for the future". Save for my future? At my bloody age? I'm trying to spend it, not save it!

I said "look, I've worked all my life, & saved all my life - what do you think these Shares represent - but now I'm on easy street, coasting downhill, & you expect me, with a limited life expectancy to trust you, a bloody Banker, with all your history of incompetence, with my money?".

Well, it all went a bit quiet after that, & the Pension geezer cleared his throat & said, straight-faced, "so that's a no then is it Mr Kendall?". Not much gets past these Bankers, eh?

I felt like that "I dont belieeeeve it" bloke. Ah well, too bad.

But Karma got me, & I went outside to find I'd got a Parking Ticket.

Which reminds me, I was supposed to answer a Post about all my Parking Tickets a while back - now who asked that? Was it Tractor? And I've got Jim McShane's "has your 10 best & worst impressions of Vegas changed?" question to answer yet. And a bunch of PM's still in the queue. Bugger it, bed awaits.

That was me.......I'd forgotten that I'd asked 

'Some people think football is a matter of life and death....I can assure them it's more important than that' - Bill Shankley
'I am the greatest' - Ali
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9556 on: October 16, 2008, 04:05:15 PM »

With impeccable timing, I decided to sort my Shares out - or get Chili so to do - & she got them all in neat packages for me, & I trotted off to Natwest to set up a BrokerLine Account, so I could see where I am at financially. There were, literally, hundreds of Share Certificates, many of them "dead", & most of them "scrip dividend" shares in small denominations. But Chili got them all in apple-pie order.

I met Mr Bank Account Manager, but to my annoyance - I have a long-held loathing & contempt for Clearing Bank incompetence & ethicacy, he ambushed me with a Pensions Geezer.

This "Pensions" guy was trying to flog me a Pension, & I got a wee bit tetchy with him. "Do you know how old I am?" I said, as he vainly suggested I "save for the future". Save for my future? At my bloody age? I'm trying to spend it, not save it!

I said "look, I've worked all my life, & saved all my life - what do you think these Shares represent - but now I'm on easy street, coasting downhill, & you expect me, with a limited life expectancy to trust you, a bloody Banker, with all your history of incompetence, with my money?".

Well, it all went a bit quiet after that, & the Pension geezer cleared his throat & said, straight-faced, "so that's a no then is it Mr Kendall?". Not much gets past these Bankers, eh?

I felt like that "I dont belieeeeve it" bloke. Ah well, too bad.

But Karma got me, & I went outside to find I'd got a Parking Ticket.

Which reminds me, I was supposed to answer a Post about all my Parking Tickets a while back - now who asked that? Was it Tractor? And I've got Jim McShane's "has your 10 best & worst impressions of Vegas changed?" question to answer yet. And a bunch of PM's still in the queue. Bugger it, bed awaits.

That was me.......I'd forgotten that I'd asked 

Ahh, Mr Digger Sir! Apologies - I shall move it to near the top of pile 2. That's "soon".

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9557 on: October 16, 2008, 04:23:57 PM »

Today's "The Times" Times gives a terrific little piece by Martin Samuel, their most excellent football correspondent. They like to deliberately get debates going over there, (The Times) because, largely, the readership rather enjoy a spirited exchange of views between discerning adults, without all the adolescent stuff you find on football Fora & Radio Phone-Ins.

Martin regularly throws a little petrol onto a fire, knowing full well it will cause a heated debate, & often the views he propogates are exactly opposite to what he actually thinks. It's a great skill if you want to generate some noise & profile for your Newswpaper. Do try reading some of his stuff, it's eloquent, beautifully written, & none of this OTT nonsense you find in the Tabloids, where everyone is either a hero or a zero, with no in-between. 

Here he is today, responding to this quote on an Online Footie Forum.

Footie Forumite says.....

"Cole should expect to be booed. He's known for being greedy & cheating on his wife".

To which Martin Samuel replied, (p79, today).......

"Quite right. He is in fact the only person in this country ever to want to take a job for more money & have extramarital sex. Bastard."

Delicious!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9558 on: October 16, 2008, 04:44:49 PM »

Today's "The Times" Times gives a terrific little piece by Martin Samuel, their most excellent football correspondent. They like to deliberately get debates going over there, (The Times) because, largely, the readership rather enjoy a spirited exchange of views between discerning adults, without all the adolescent stuff you find on football Fora & Radio Phone-Ins.

Martin regularly throws a little petrol onto a fire, knowing full well it will cause a heated debate, & often the views he propogates are exactly opposite to what he actually thinks. It's a great skill if you want to generate some noise & profile for your Newswpaper. Do try reading some of his stuff, it's eloquent, beautifully written, & none of this OTT nonsense you find in the Tabloids, where everyone is either a hero or a zero, with no in-between. 

Here he is today, responding to this quote on an Online Footie Forum.

Footie Forumite says.....

"Cole should expect to be booed. He's known for being greedy & cheating on his wife".

To which Martin Samuel replied, (p79, today).......

"Quite right. He is in fact the only person in this country ever to want to take a job for more money & have extramarital sex. Bastard."

Delicious!

No one claimed that footy fans weren't hypocrites though.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9559 on: October 16, 2008, 04:57:58 PM »

Now, contrast the beautiful subtlety of Martin Samuel, with our friend Fergus.

Having ran away with a bunch of money belonging to others, he immediately went on the front foot & eventually succeeded in his aim, which was to get himself Banned & so dodge his liabilities. On the way, he even spat in the face of those who'd defended him.

Not content, & presumably in need of some sort of life, he then set up a Blog, & set about a whole bunch of folks to somehow vent his angst, safely hidden, as is the style these days, behind his keyboard.

To date, he's had a swipe at blonde, EMS Forum (where he also got Banned pronto), Rod Paradise, Laz, Teacake, ZZZrope, Scottish Dave, & even added a bit of Sectarian stuff.

Today, he extended his swipe-range to the dreadful duo of Ironside & booder, & they both got elected to the Fergus Hall of Blame.

I'm not entirely sure about this, but I just wonder how bright Fergus actually is.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 05:20:21 PM by tikay » Logged

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #9560 on: October 16, 2008, 05:05:32 PM »

I'm not entirely sure about this, but I just wonder how bright Fergus actually is.

[  ] even a tiny bit bright

As I understood it, the point of fergus starting a blog was because he wanted to make amends with his stakers and that was where he was going to post his progress.  I hope the stakers are finding it useful.

If the guy does have an ounce of sense he'll look at getting that huge chip on his shoulder removed before someone knocks it off for him.  I pity him, I really do.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 05:14:40 PM by Claw75 » Logged

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9561 on: October 16, 2008, 05:17:05 PM »

[  ] even a tiny bit bright

As I understood it, the point of fergus starting a blog was because he wanted to make amends with his stakers and that was where he was going to post his progress.  I hope the stakers are finding it useful.

If the guy does have an ounce of sense he'll look at getting that huge chip on his shoulder removed before someone knocks it off for him.  I pity him, I really do.

Exactly that. I've had a real good look, but failed to find a progress update thus far.

Tomorrow, perhaps.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9562 on: October 16, 2008, 05:51:07 PM »

Today, he extended his swipe-range to the dreadful duo of Ironside & booder, & they both got elected to the Fergus Hall of Blame.

Am quite looking forward to meeting Fergus "face to face" in April when i visit Scotland.Hopefully his mammy will let him come out to play.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #9563 on: October 16, 2008, 06:16:05 PM »

Re Fergus, while i enjoyed the comedy value of his thread. I think it is best to just ignore him now he is in effect part of blondes past and that only really the backers need to have any contact with him. He seems to thrive on the attention imo, just let him get on with what appears to be a pretty sad existence.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9564 on: October 16, 2008, 07:42:48 PM »

Re Fergus, while i enjoyed the comedy value of his thread. I think it is best to just ignore him now he is in effect part of blondes past and that only really the backers need to have any contact with him. He seems to thrive on the attention imo, just let him get on with what appears to be a pretty sad existence.

Probably very wise words from Lord Longy. But if you were, say, Boo or Iron, you can understand if they said "hey, hold up, what's this gotta do with me?".

Ah wel, it is what it is now, & the written word has wrote & smote.

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #9565 on: October 16, 2008, 08:17:13 PM »

Complete subject change, but thought you'd like these pictures of the sun:
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/10/the_sun.html

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9566 on: October 16, 2008, 08:21:51 PM »

Goodness me - take a look everyone - amazing stuff.

Many thanks Bongo.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9567 on: October 16, 2008, 08:25:34 PM »

This evening, I filmed a special message for all my adoring fans, lurkers, groupies & disciples.

It airs at the very top of tonight's "The Open", which starts at 9.30pm this evening. (Note later than usual start time).

Love & Peace, Love & Peace.

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #9568 on: October 16, 2008, 08:32:46 PM »

This evening, I filmed a special message for all my adoring fans, lurkers, groupies & disciples.

It airs at the very top of tonight's "The Open", which starts at 9.30pm this evening. (Note later than usual start time).

Love & Peace, Love & Peace.

Ringo is only giving us a few days...............I trust you will give us a few light years.
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9569 on: October 16, 2008, 08:44:37 PM »

Goodness me - take a look everyone - amazing stuff.

Many thanks Bongo.

They are incredible

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 636 637 [638] 639 640 641 642 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: