blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:14:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2311 2312 2313 2314 [2315] 2316 2317 2318 2319 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333758 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #34710 on: July 26, 2013, 06:23:07 PM »

You've shaved your beard, sir!

Hadn't read that before, nor heard of Milliken, to the best of my recollection.

Any Punch contributor is alright with me. Wonderful publication.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #34711 on: July 27, 2013, 02:03:20 AM »

Congrats on the million views.
It seems like an astonishing achievement for such a small community.

Must be Google hits from all those concrete lovers out there.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34712 on: July 27, 2013, 05:12:29 AM »

It's the poetry and other art that attracts the visitors.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34713 on: July 27, 2013, 05:44:13 PM »

Warning

Thread incoming after receipt of gift

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34714 on: July 27, 2013, 05:51:03 PM »

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #34715 on: July 29, 2013, 11:11:46 AM »

The years seem to be catching up with Bill and Ben.

Life has no rebuy options
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #34716 on: July 29, 2013, 11:30:41 AM »

The years seem to be catching up with Bill and Ben.

Tikay appears to be wearing a matching tie and hat set.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #34717 on: July 29, 2013, 11:32:17 AM »

What's worrying is they both brought those hats with them, completely coincidentally

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34718 on: July 29, 2013, 01:41:39 PM »

Generous Winner died with £12m in debts

That was The Times headline last Friday, referring to the late Michael Winner.

Then, below, it went on to say.....

".....he died owing £12 million...."

Which, strictly speaking, was true, but rather misleading, because it then emerged that he left £17 million gross, £5 million net after settling his debts.

Seems a little unfair, & misleading. Newspapers & TV always want an angle, instead of just reporting facts, as in pure news.  

Heaven knows how he accumulated such wealth, but good luck to him.

His "calm down dear" ads earned him half a million per year, & he earned sa few bob from Death Wish, which I'm told was a film.

His wife was always prefaced with "the long-suffering", which may be fair.....

His main residence is reportedly up for sale at £60 milllion (how much?!), but it only has 29 years left on the lease. Just the £2 milllion per year rent, then.

He certainly lived rather well.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34719 on: July 29, 2013, 01:41:49 PM »

The devil, though, & as ever, was in the detail.

It seems that Michael had a habit of giving a house, flat, or apartment, rent free, for life, to all his ex-girlfriends. Grace & favour, indeed. At least five such examples exist in London alone.

Perhaps it was his way of ensuring they were discrete about his dalliances.

And there's the rub, because all these properties were mortgaged to the hilt, & so now have to be sold, to settle his Estate.

It would be rather nice to hope that his ex-girlfriends will remain schtum. We shall see......

Incredible character, in so many ways. I'm really still not sure where all that income came from, but it seems to me he enjoyed it to the full.

What's not to like about that?

For sure, the world will be poorer without him. As will his ex girlfriends.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34720 on: July 29, 2013, 02:00:31 PM »

Had a perfectly wonderful weekend at the SPT thing, & met so many nice people, including many of the guys from blonde, such as TomTum, FredW, Rexas, Alex, Adiman (?) & too many others to mention.  I will try & thank them all personally, on their Diaries or whatever, for making the weekend so lovely.

Special friends, too, Red (he has put on 3 stone since I last saw him) , bookiebasher, Ian Gas, Tal, Maria (sadly, I made her cry, but quite unintentionally, when we reminisced about Kim), Walsall Bloke, Vinni, Nick H, & scores of others, please don't take offence if I don't namecheck, there were so many. Sadly, Karabiner never got there, but he was at home celebrating after whopping Walsall Bloke at golf, the latter presumably being unaware of Karabiner's bandit handicap.

Tighty worked his socks off, as always, & we were all wrecked come 1am this morning.  

We got 246 runners, pretty good for a 6 Max where, of course, it is dealer & table intensive.

I played some fun cash, notably a short £1 £1 PLO session which was tremendous fun. Simon Trumper sat in, which was a great pleasure & huge fun.

I had a side bet with Mr Trumper as to what time the SPT 6 Max would end. He is uncannily accurate in such predictions, & he went for 12.15am, & I took the under. We had a bet, & Tighty held the cash in escrow. It finished at 12.14 & 53 seconds, so I won by 7 seconds! Ship the 10p. It really is extraordinary how he calculates the finishing time of these things with such accuracy time & time again.

I had 4 or 5 meetings with Rob Yong &/or Simon, as we were trying to cut a deal about something. Rob is infuriatingly difficult to second-guess or negotiate with, & always seems to be 4 steps ahead. Anyway, ball back in one's court now, & fingers crossed we get there.

The atmo, as remarked on by so many folks, was just perfect. We do work hard to get the fun aspect going, but ultimately, players either want to have fun or they don't, & they were all superb. There was a tiddly touch of bad blood, but with 246 players, it's to be expected, & I hope it never spoilt anyone's weekend.

Today, I am mainly wrecked, but happy. My plates are killing me shocking, though.

Job's a good 'un.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 02:02:22 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34721 on: July 29, 2013, 02:12:06 PM »

Think I am going to try & attend a Black Belt Poker event. "Community Poker" seems, to me anyway, the best fun there is for us recreationals.

I bumped into a chap at Leicester Forest Services on Sunday morning. "Not often you get to park next to a celeb" was his opening gambit. Well hello Sir.....

He enthused about SPT's, & said he no longer plays at DTD or anywhere else EXCEPT for SPT & Black Belt type events. Watch this space Sir, I might just end my poker "career" with something that will be the greatest.

I can't be doing with all those miserable fu**ers who cant even be bothered to say hello, or even acknowledge my presence, I say hello to everyone when I sit down & they all ignore me" was his line. 

He makes a fair point, in my personal opinion, on what planet do we not even say "hello" when we first meet others who we plan to sit with for the next 6 or 8 hours?

Then he said he watches EVERY minute of the Shows I do on 861, because "I so love the eclectic range of topics you discuss, nobody else does that".

I'm quite liking my new friend by now. I was about to slide away, "ty ty Sir" when he added the punchline.

The only think that gets on my tits is you banging on about concrete.

Tosser.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 02:14:30 PM by tikay » Logged

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #34722 on: July 29, 2013, 02:21:14 PM »

Not a good sign when the voices in your head turn against you.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #34723 on: July 29, 2013, 02:28:34 PM »

Don't suppose you promoted you diary before saying good bye?

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34724 on: July 29, 2013, 05:29:12 PM »

Ooh, at the SPT I also met "Milk Shake", who appears to be about 7 years old, but seems a lovely lad.

Pages: 1 ... 2311 2312 2313 2314 [2315] 2316 2317 2318 2319 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: