blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:43:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272644 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2391 2392 2393 2394 [2395] 2396 2397 2398 2399 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6339507 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #35910 on: October 22, 2013, 05:36:01 PM »

A wise sage informs me you're into trains and ting.

Q. How do you ensure passengers on a train respect the rules of travel?

I've not long got on my train home (yes, a London Midland Class 172). As I walk on, there are two police officers (well one and a CSO) in full regalia with high viz ("don't mess wiv da po-leece" on the back and all that) jackets. Not sure what the occasion is, but they're running their eye over anyone getting on.

All the special wider seats are empty.

All the seats on their own near the door for elderly passengers are empty.

All bags are in the overhead compartments, rather than on chairs.

Feet are on the floor.

Headphones are restricting music to individual pairs of ears.

Conversations are at a volume level suitable only for the intended recipient.

It's like Goodnight Sweetheart and I've walked into a different era. This is rush hour in a major city, not the East Anglia choo-choo that calls at every cow shed and gatepost between March and Ely. Have you ever seen the like?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35911 on: October 22, 2013, 05:52:32 PM »

Yeah, I just went googling, & discovered that. But mud sticks, & people WANT to believe bad things about MOL & Ryanair, it's so easy.

Ryanair "extras"? Yup, 30% of their profit comes from ancillary sales these days. Most impressive, imo. Bet you wish you had got Shares in them when they first floated. Wink I went for BA instead. Lovely brand, shit business.

Think easyjet (who get nothing like the same stick) have outperformed ryanair in the share dept over the last 5 years.

I really can't understand your blind spot with Ryanair.  Do you think people like Camel (and myself), who will never use Ryanair unless they are the only realistic choice, don't number millions?   They smell bad and that's a PR disaster for an airline.

But you DO have to use Ryanair, if you want to go to certain places, because they invested better, & more wisely than others, in their routes & hubs, & purchased more, better, & newer aeroplanes. That's the whole point!

Bad PR? they've had more than enough. Don't seem to have done them any harm.

Easyjet's 5 year share performance may be better, but only because they had a major Management crisis which caused the Shares to plunge.

My admiration is for a wonderfully innovative & superbly managed Business. I like to see well run businesses. I like to see success. Ryanair is both. No amount of bad PR or people disagreeing will make me feel bad about my views. You may consider it a "blind spot", that's a little unfair, imo.

You are looking at popularity polls, I am looking at the quality of their business. Apples & pears. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35912 on: October 22, 2013, 05:55:18 PM »

Yeah, I just went googling, & discovered that. But mud sticks, & people WANT to believe bad things about MOL & Ryanair, it's so easy.

Ryanair "extras"? Yup, 30% of their profit comes from ancillary sales these days. Most impressive, imo. Bet you wish you had got Shares in them when they first floated. Wink I went for BA instead. Lovely brand, shit business.

Think easyjet (who get nothing like the same stick) have outperformed ryanair in the share dept over the last 5 years.

I really can't understand your blind spot with Ryanair.  Do you think people like Camel (and myself), who will never use Ryanair unless they are the only realistic choice, don't number millions?  They smell bad and that's a PR disaster for an airline.

When I went to Galway in the summer I seriously considered getting a train to London and going from Heathrow AND spending 2.5 times the price for the flight to save using Ryanaiir.

....but you chose Ryanair........

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35913 on: October 22, 2013, 06:16:16 PM »

Very mild for the time of year, don't you think?........

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35914 on: October 22, 2013, 07:02:01 PM »

At chez Red there has to be an inquest before any food item can be thrown away. Like a proper court do it is.

The girls play the role of the prosecution, citing such facts as sell-by dates and penicillin growth, meanwhile, Mrs Red acts as presiding Judge and council for the defence. 

No matter how persuasive the the girls case is, Mrs Red will always counter with phrases like, "There are starving children in Africa who would be glad of that." and "Get it 'et, it won't kill you."

The only time she might be actually change her mind is if the food actually walks out under it's own steam during her summing up.

The older I get, the better I was.
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35915 on: October 22, 2013, 07:58:02 PM »

At chez Red there has to be an inquest before any food item can be thrown away. Like a proper court do it is.

The girls play the role of the prosecution, citing such facts as sell-by dates and penicillin growth, meanwhile, Mrs Red acts as presiding Judge and council for the defence. 

No matter how persuasive the the girls case is, Mrs Red will always counter with phrases like, "There are starving children in Africa who would be glad of that." and "Get it 'et, it won't kill you."

The only time she might be actually change her mind is if the food actually walks out under it's own steam during her summing up.
If a block of cheese has mould on one corner, does anyone just cut the corner off and use the rest???(blue cheeses exempt from this category)

Cymru am byth
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35916 on: October 22, 2013, 08:00:41 PM »

If a block of cheese has mould on one corner, does anyone just cut the corner off and use the rest???(blue cheeses exempt from this category)

If I'm toasting it, I do that with bread. Bit of mould never done any harm.

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35917 on: October 22, 2013, 08:03:11 PM »

If I'm toasting it, I do that with bread. Bit of mould never done any harm.
Bread also gets the same treatment but can go untoasted and eaten.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 08:10:30 PM by Mohican » Logged

Cymru am byth
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #35918 on: October 22, 2013, 08:07:24 PM »

For just £2 a month, you can sponsor a blondeite...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #35919 on: October 22, 2013, 08:30:03 PM »

I've sponsored a few blondes for considerably more.

But I still just shave the moulded surface away from hard cheese.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35920 on: October 22, 2013, 10:04:15 PM »

If it looks alright (after any necessary trimmage), smells alright and tastes alright - I'm getting it down me and any form of date can gtfo. Dawn's training is slow but progress is being made. However I still think I'm oblivious to the true extent of food spoilage in the Jaxie household.

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #35921 on: October 22, 2013, 10:08:36 PM »

I'm the complete reverse: sell-by date is belly or bin

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #35922 on: October 22, 2013, 10:10:14 PM »

Same, far too much goes in the bin by me for sure.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #35923 on: October 23, 2013, 03:19:49 AM »

I have just finished watching a programme on BBC4 about a 2nd World war operation called Operation Mincemeat Tony. A coup so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a fox.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mincemeat

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #35924 on: October 23, 2013, 06:31:56 AM »

Same, far too much goes in the bin by me for sure.

I think this and cutting mould off food are both extreme ends of the scale - I prefer the middle option; if food is still good on it's sell by date then it can still be eaten, but when it has started to deteriorate then it gets binned.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Pages: 1 ... 2391 2392 2393 2394 [2395] 2396 2397 2398 2399 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: