blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:00:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2541 2542 2543 2544 [2545] 2546 2547 2548 2549 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6329734 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38160 on: June 09, 2014, 08:08:13 AM »

Whilst I'm battling the empty screen syndrome with my July piece for them, here's my Bluff Europe piece for June. I've been promoted to the 9th of the month. Ooohhh.

You don't even have to read it, just click the link. Pretty please?

http://bit.ly/1pUYCgH

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #38161 on: June 09, 2014, 08:21:01 AM »

Another good read, you're getting quite good at that. In fact someone could be forgiven for thinking you've done it before Wink

Unlucky yesterday, and good luck in the click/click on Monday!

Been watching a lot of these final tables on the live streams, and although it's not playing, it's definitely fun.

I think it's great that they're showing all the mixed games, and I'm trying to follow as best I can, so I can give some money away shortly.

As I type, George Danzer has just won the $10k event a couple minutes ago, and it couldn't happen to a nicer fella!

First met him the same weekend that I met you for the first time, I think.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38162 on: June 09, 2014, 08:27:09 AM »

Another good read, you're getting quite good at that. In fact someone could be forgiven for thinking you've done it before Wink

Been watching a lot of these final tables on the live streams, and although it's not playing, it's definitely fun.

I think it's great that they're showing all the mixed games, and I'm trying to follow as best I can, so I can give some money away shortly.

As I type, George Danzer has just won the $10k event a couple minutes ago, and it couldn't happen to a nicer fella!

God bless George Danzer, he wears the greatest & coolest scarves ever, & I think he is a smashing sort. Jen Mason will be chuffed to bits, she loves him in a non-love way.

Was that @ The Vic when we first met? Pretty sure it was.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38163 on: June 09, 2014, 08:27:35 AM »

Whilst I'm battling the empty screen syndrome with my July piece for them, here's my Bluff Europe piece for June. I've been promoted to the 9th of the month. Ooohhh.

The first time a bloke told me about a sigh-call, I thought he was talking about his bike.

Either this is a great line or I have a warped sense of humour.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38164 on: June 09, 2014, 08:30:08 AM »

The first time a bloke told me about a sigh-call, I thought he was talking about his bike.

Ha!

Glad someone spotted it.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #38165 on: June 09, 2014, 08:37:30 AM »

You're not alone, Tom.

I did LOL when I read that Smiley

God bless George Danzer, he wears the greatest & coolest scarves ever, & I think he is a smashing sort. Jen Mason will be chuffed to bits, she loves him in a non-love way.

Was that @ The Vic when we first met? Pretty sure it was.

Really nice guy, sporting a superb mohawk as well this year and definitely will be able to splurge on some new scarves now!

It was indeed, very good memory!

I chatted with him for a bit while he was railing his friend, and they both seemed top lads. Over 8 years ago now, but parts of it seem like yesterday. It is very strange how the mind works.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #38166 on: June 09, 2014, 09:16:11 AM »

Weird line by the quy with quads, if he is going to lead out into you on the river, not sure why he doesn't just raise your turn bet?

Did the guy with AK show you the other cards?  The ace may have been to tilt you, but who knows, maybe he really did overplay his hand that badly.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38167 on: June 09, 2014, 09:23:42 AM »

Ha!

Glad someone spotted it.

Lol.

I made what I thought was a great pun yesterday. 

Now I'm pretending that it was too subtle for my target audience.

MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38168 on: June 09, 2014, 10:08:29 AM »

Ha!

Glad someone spotted it.

Lol.

About time?

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #38169 on: June 09, 2014, 11:16:15 AM »

more from Caesars..

Click to see full-size image.

Just finished a Bill Bryson book in which he described the Ceasar's Palace carpet as looking like 'woven vomit'  Cheesy

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #38170 on: June 09, 2014, 12:02:59 PM »

So I'm continuing my historic tour of England and my latest stop has been Windsor castle. One of the big attractions of visiting this castle was the fact that Henry VIII was buried there, along with Henry VI and a number of other notable historic royalty. Thus it was with a sense of real excitement that I burst into St George's Chapel last Friday.

I quickly find the marble slab which is situated on the main aisle in the chapel and it states "Here lies Jane Seymour and King Henry VIII". It's nothing special, just a slab on the floor, yet I'm intoxicated by the moment even so. But check it out, everybody is just tramping across the tomb completely oblivious to the fact that one of our greatest ever kings is buried there.

Pretty gutted by this I seek out Henry VI, a major figure in The Wars of the Roses and a pious saintly man, only to find half a dozen trestle tables and a pile of stacking chairs plonked on top of his tomb. Seriously though wtf is this? Where is the mofo reverence here?? I'm thinking about a strongly worded letter to whoever runs that place. Am I being weird? All I could think about was how Elvis' grave is well revered in the USA and by comparison we stack poor quality furniture products on our departed kings. What graves are in fact revered in this country??

On a brighter note there is a stretch of road from Minehead to Bude which is the absolutely best for any vintage car enthusiast, think it's the A39, straight through Exmoor.

I went there a couple of years ago on one of our more cultured girly jaunts and after touring the castle went round to the chapel only to find it was closed on sundays for worship, with the service commencing at six o clock after all the visitors had left.  Angry

Determined not to leave without seeing Henry viii tomb I asked a security bloke if we could hang around and join the service, and he told us that although it wasn't usual, technically the church is open for everyone.
So, what followed was one of the most surreal hours of my life! Our odd little band of slightly hyper ladies followed the Harris tweed clad members of the parish into the chapel, and were actually seated in those ancient wooden chairs that are decorated with the coats of arms of countless knights of the garter, and have held many royal and revered bottoms.
These pews face each other across the aisle, so we did have to face the curious stares of the regulars members of the congregation, but we fronted it out.  Smiley

Being able to listen to the Queen's choir in such wonderful surroundings was a privilege, especially for someone with a vivid imagination like me, I was thrilled.

By contrast, when I went to see where Ann Boleyn was buried in the chapel at the tower they had set a up trestle table with the harvest festival stuff on over her.
I bet she didn't ever imagine her resting place being obscured by parsnips and Ready brek!

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #38171 on: June 09, 2014, 12:13:18 PM »

Another good read. How does Jeeves differ the writing styles with such ease?

Seen you mention a couple of times about the 'stakers' back home, since being out there, on different media platforms. I for one would not give a flying fart if you came back with zero profit. As long as you play and enjoy every game, every venue, every day and every moment out there......that is the main thing. Take the pressure of yourself with thoughts of worrying about your stakers. I know you do care, but try not let that affect your decision making for the rest of the trip.

On that note......don't bother coming back if you don't win one of them trophy or bracelet thingies...... Cool

Life has no rebuy options
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38172 on: June 09, 2014, 03:10:17 PM »

Ha!

Glad someone spotted it.

Lol.

About time?

Present company excepted of course.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38173 on: June 09, 2014, 04:22:32 PM »

Ha!

Glad someone spotted it.

Lol.

About time?

Present company excepted of course.

In the words of the imperious Thom Yorke, creep.

Which gives me the excuse to post the Vid, one of THE greatest ever.

I air guitar & sing this in my bedroom. (2.30 onwards)

She runs, runs, runs, runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnsssssssssssssssssssssssss,

Runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnsssssssssssss

« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 04:26:00 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38174 on: June 09, 2014, 04:27:53 PM »

Ha, JaffaCake, who claims to be boycotting this exemplary Diary, spotted in the thread.

Limit Stud @ GN today, Jeff?

Pages: 1 ... 2541 2542 2543 2544 [2545] 2546 2547 2548 2549 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: