blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:41:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272596 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2941 2942 2943 2944 [2945] 2946 2947 2948 2949 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6330515 times)
Big_D

View Profile
« Reply #44160 on: April 10, 2016, 05:55:27 PM »

Can barely believe this, I've not booked Vegas yet, & have yet to finalise what I plan to play, or total spend, & yet the MANTIS arrival & question has seen a little group of investors, & I'm quite touched by it.

It's all provisional so far, & nothing is binding on your parts, but the first stakers list is below.

I'll get in touch with Mere soon, & ask him to be stake Arbitor/Referee, as he does every year, & set up the Official Staking Thready. In all matters, his final say will be binding as to any alterations or confuse-aments. That assumes he accepts the invitation, obviously. 

This seems to be where we are so far, in order of posting....

Brad the Boss 5%

Nakor 1%

KarmaDope 2%

horsey 2%

RedSimon 1%

booder 1%

hhy 1%

Mohican 1%

sonour 2%

Redbull 1%

17% reserved as of now.

I will take 5% please teeks.

Nice to see a revival of the diary, really enjoyable reading.

Ship It!
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44161 on: April 10, 2016, 07:12:31 PM »

I would like to be rewarded with 1% please. It's been  an interesting and enjoyable sweat the last two years, even if I don't understand some of the games you play.

Rewarded? Ha, thank you, booked. Will sort the provisional list soonest.  

A strange turn of expression, Carl.

You spent all that (£40,000, was it?) UKPC money yet? How much did the wife & kids get? New motorbike?

Some furniture,IPads for the kids and getting quotes for major works on the house have happened. Went and priced up a couple of crotch rockets but the weekend following the tourney, I injured my shoulder in the last play of the grudge match Vs the league leaders. This meant I couldn't actually sit on/test ride what would've been a 11  1/2k bike, so those plans have been shelved atm. Probably get everything done first and see what's left before approaching dealers, although part of my tightness comes from the fact there's nothing wrong with the current bike I own. Does 0-death in less than 4 secs. Obvs a small chunk is being set fire to for my 'reward'.
P.s.slightly less than 40k as I obvs left a tip. Question from the chap caught me right off guard and caused my tightness to affect a wibble but it was but a fleeting moment. The fact I didn't have to actually put it over the counter eased the pain.😃
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 07:35:07 PM by Mohican » Logged

Cymru am byth
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #44162 on: April 10, 2016, 07:32:25 PM »

1% Please Teeks.

Ah! The element of surprise
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #44163 on: April 10, 2016, 09:18:22 PM »

I'm going offline for a bit John, but will take a look at those later & get back to you.

Steve Evans is the strange chap at Leeds United, right?

Pardon me asking, & swerve it if it's delicate, but are you currently doing some scouting for a football club or clubs?

Without giving numbers, how does that work? X per game watched, a commission on any player sales or purchases, freelance with a finders fee? Or is it "advance scouting", you know, sussing out a Team's next opponent?

It does sound all rather interesting. Anyway, if so, hope you are enjoying it.

Yep that Steve Evans if you get one get Ben Evans sure you will like that.

The scouting is just part time working for a network, only get paid expenses mainly League 1 and a lot lower the data goes back to head office (grand term not sure there is one) who then sell it to clubs without full-time analysts.

Majority of the time it is "expenses only" which if like me you don't mind scrimping on a few things clears a few quid but nothing like enough to live by.

Anyway it is enjoyable and a small start on a path id like to tread, just mixing it with trying to clear a few quid punting the rest of the time.

Good to see this diary back

I'm fascinated by this "Football Scouting Network" being organised by one company, or organisation, never knew such things even existed.  I guess it's mostly League One & League Two Teams, & maybe Conference, who buy or subscribe?

How do you apply for such a role? Do you have to send a sort of CV, or do a little "know your players/Teams" entry quiz or something? Or is it just word of mouth, or an old boys network thing?

Do you know how much the Clubs pay for a Scouting Report? Or is it a season long fee or similar?

Sorry for so many questions, but it really interests me.

Nice gig, I'd say, as it is a sort of hobby/income combined. 

Life for you has not been easy these last few years, but it sounds like you are on an upswing now. Quite right too.

Thanks Tony.

I fell into it like so many things of late really just got chatting to a Chap on twitter who was putting on for me and vice versa and he mentioned it could be fun.

It tends to be either a very general report or one focusing on one player in depth.

On mobile tonight will try and post an example tomorrow on laptop.
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44164 on: April 10, 2016, 11:02:11 PM »

1% please.

Thanks Adam, booked.

How are the family? When does the eldest start school?

All good here at Team Nakor. 

My first "Bad day" as a Dad today.
Anya (3.5) celebrated each spud goal with real relish today, ran round the living room shouting "Tottenham" and other various other lily white comments, no doubt taught with delight by Mrs Kor.
Always thought I could cope with any choice my children might make (vegetarian and army aside obviously), just never considered this might happen.  My father will disown her and maybe me.  What will my friends think (once they stop laughing)?  There should be a number you can ring for advice at times like this.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #44165 on: April 11, 2016, 12:49:47 AM »

In for the bracelet sweat, usual 1% pls!  thumbs up

Many thanks Nick, booked as usual, you are a season ticket holder.

You be there this year?

Not sure as yet, usually decide a few weeks before the Main starts...
engy

View Profile
« Reply #44166 on: April 11, 2016, 01:44:39 AM »

could I have 1% please Tikay?
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #44167 on: April 11, 2016, 03:01:00 AM »

All this book talk has reminded me of that book you sang the praises of (at least I think it was you) a while back, something to do with Vegas and the guy behind Wynn hotel. What was it called? Got a couple of holidays coming up in May and I like to take a book away with me. Contrary to what you might think, we can read in Yorkshire. Some of us anyway Wink

Oh and put me down for 1% if its available this summer, please. No Vegas for me this summer unless I can somehow win a package next door, so might as well punt some cash away on people going invest in a solid opportunity.

Who are you?

I might have to downgrade you from 2nd best Yorkshireman on sky!

Still upset you didn't know who I was!
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #44168 on: April 11, 2016, 03:32:03 AM »

All the Vegas talk is getting me jealous. I am trying hard with sats, no joy so far. Sat night was weird, so sad for Mr D but pleased for Ben. Plenty more opportunities I guess for my good self and Mr D.
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #44169 on: April 11, 2016, 12:16:30 PM »

1% please. I would say dollars in Vegas, but if the above poster (notsomagic) is finding it hard to qualify, I best say usual bank t/fer from me.....as if he is struggling, I have zero chance.

Will only donate if Jeeves is looking after you again this year though Wink

Life has no rebuy options
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44170 on: April 11, 2016, 02:30:00 PM »

did you hear Allis' great line last night?

Spieth struggled off the tee a lot, but of course his sensational scrambling and putting kept him well ahead until that fateful hole

Allis on Spieth

"Its like listening to Willie Nelson. He cant sing at all but makes great records! "

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #44171 on: April 11, 2016, 03:01:57 PM »

Hard to post examples on here Tikay as it is all saved to the software/server we use (called scout 7)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #44172 on: April 11, 2016, 08:21:46 PM »

All this book talk has reminded me of that book you sang the praises of (at least I think it was you) a while back, something to do with Vegas and the guy behind Wynn hotel. What was it called? Got a couple of holidays coming up in May and I like to take a book away with me. Contrary to what you might think, we can read in Yorkshire. Some of us anyway Wink

Oh and put me down for 1% if its available this summer, please. No Vegas for me this summer unless I can somehow win a package next door, so might as well punt some cash away on people going invest in a solid opportunity.

Who are you?

I might have to downgrade you from 2nd best Yorkshireman on sky!

Still upset you didn't know who I was!

So of the 2 people on Sky from Yorkshire, I'm the 2nd best? Marv.

I did know who you was, was obv just bluffing.

You owe me a pint. I'm like an elephant, I won't forget.

Best Bitter.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #44173 on: April 12, 2016, 06:22:19 AM »

1% please of course!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44174 on: April 12, 2016, 09:04:15 AM »

Good morning.

After King Sir Lord Brad got the diary buzzing again, I vowed over the weekend to try & post an interesting (define interesting....) convo piece each day. First day of the new regime was yesterday, & I posted nothing. FAIL. Ear Hair did not exactly set the Diary on fire, but there it is, these things just interest me.

I'm also a little concerned that the Diary gets to become just Vegas Staking stuff. I'm humbled that so many want a bit of action, though more likely they are buying daily arse-ripping reports, so I need to try & get the Staking stuff in balance, & get back to a wider range of topics.

So I'll try & update the Staking stuff first, then reply to stuff, & then post some more general talking points. That's the plan, anyway.....

As long as I'm employed Next Door, I have to give my all there, which is why the Diary died really, & became dormant. It is pretty testing there for me right now, but I'm determined to give 100% for as long as I can, & what will be will be. I'd hate to move on & think I'd left something on the table.

So yesterday I was pretty busy all day with work stuff, but cleared my to-do list. I have a daily to do list, for which I use an old fashioned pen & paper, via an A5 Notebook with ticks, usually 20 or 30 bits & bobs. Nothing important, just low level detail stuff, Customer queries & questions, suggestions & feedback to the Office, writing Content, da de da. I feel obliged to reply to all e-Mails, too, it just seems right & proper, & a short "noted" or "thank you" only takes a few seconds.  I suppose I'm old-fashioned, but when people don't reply or acknowledge e-Mails, I get pretty cross. I'm afraid I have become a little obsessive about things being done just so, so some of the Team must dread coming into the office each morning & fielding all my chuntery e-Mails. It's not 8am yet, & I've sent up 3 already this morning. I can't seem to help myself. It does occur to me that some form of decline in my mental faculties is causing me to get overly uppity about little things.

Bizarrely, & I won't bore you with why, but I was in the Office at 0430 this morning, as something needed my attention, & I could not do it from home. So I sorted that, & a few other matters, & then came back home. I would be the only person in my office today, as it happens, so it's easier, more comfy, & productive, to work from home. 

Today's work to-do list is, surprisingly, now 100% ticked, which shows you what a cushy number I have, so that allows me a  few hours on the Diary unless something crops up. Having said that, I had to work for 4 hours every day of the Easter Weekend, writing Content, which was a tad inconvenient, as Gill was down for the weekend, & to make it worse, there were some really annoying problems with the Content which made me a little cross. But there was an Action Plan, & I was determined to do the Actions allocated to me.

Never happy, eh?

OK, on we go.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 09:19:08 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 2941 2942 2943 2944 [2945] 2946 2947 2948 2949 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: