blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:12:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2950 2951 2952 2953 [2954] 2955 2956 2957 2958 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6329477 times)
teamonkey

View Profile
« Reply #44295 on: April 30, 2016, 03:53:46 PM »

Brad the Boss 5%

Nakor 1%

KarmaDope 2%

horsey 2%

RedSimon 1%

booder 1%

hhy 1%

Mohican 1%

sonour 2%

Redbull 1%

Big-D 5%

bobAlike 1%

engy 1%

Knottikay 1%

Uncle Conk 1%

Marky 1%

MrDickie 1%

Mr Russell 2%

Chompy 2%

Sue & Dave £150

Doobs 2%

Camel 2%

MereNovice 1%

Scotty77 1%

POWWWWWWW 2%

Bobby1  £100

40% & £250 reserved as of now.

poor internet onboard the rig, not able to find out all the info i want, but would like a sweat as i cant do the vegas thing again until all the kids have left home, work settles, my lottery comes in etc etc

how much is 1%???

or would i be best to simply wave a shiney £50 coin in front of your face you young scamp?!?!?!?!?

i'll check out any sort of reply (and ask for bank deets (as the kids say) later)

Mick
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #44296 on: April 30, 2016, 04:06:33 PM »

Berkshire Hathaway AGM Live Stream

https://finance.yahoo.com/brklivestream
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44297 on: May 02, 2016, 09:49:46 AM »

Berkshire Hathaway AGM Live Stream

https://finance.yahoo.com/brklivestream

Thanks Byron,

I spent an hour or more viewing video excerpts of that last night.

When asked at the Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting if Trump might harm his company's interests if elected president, the CEO said, "this won't be the main problem,"

“I’m 85, and I can’t imagine anybody any happier than I am. I’m sitting here eating exactly what I like to eat, doing in life exactly what I love to do with people I love. It really doesn't get any better than that.”

Apparently, 40,000 - forty thousand - people attended the Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting in Omaha. Can't imagine any AGM on earth attracts barely one tenth that number.

He is truly one of a kind. Self-made, wealthy beyond imagination, (& all bequeathed to Charity) & happy. Love him to bits.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 09:55:32 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44298 on: May 02, 2016, 10:01:48 AM »

Like most rich kids, Warren likes train sets, so he bought himself one - BNSF.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BNSF_Railway

So he has eight thousand of these beauties. That's some train set.

If you stand at the back of The Rio in Vegas, you can see these trundle past every hour or so, hauling freight. Rio Hotel even have "BNSF Railway view" Rooms available at extra cost.  

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44299 on: May 02, 2016, 10:13:09 AM »

Brad the Boss 5%

Nakor 1%

KarmaDope 2%

horsey 2%

RedSimon 1%

booder 1%

hhy 1%

Mohican 1%

sonour 2%

Redbull 1%

Big-D 5%

bobAlike 1%

engy 1%

Knottikay 1%

Uncle Conk 1%

Marky 1%

MrDickie 1%

Mr Russell 2%

Chompy 2%

Sue & Dave £150

Doobs 2%

Camel 2%

MereNovice 1%

Scotty77 1%

POWWWWWWW 2%

Bobby1  £100

40% & £250 reserved as of now.

poor internet onboard the rig, not able to find out all the info i want, but would like a sweat as i cant do the vegas thing again until all the kids have left home, work settles, my lottery comes in etc etc

how much is 1%???

or would i be best to simply wave a shiney £50 coin in front of your face you young scamp?!?!?!?!?

i'll check out any sort of reply (and ask for bank deets (as the kids say) later)

Mick

Hi Mick,

Not sure how much 1% is, probably about £100, but £50 works fine for me, so I'll put you down for that, OK?

Appreciated, thank you.

What rig are you on, where is it, is it oil or gas? How do you get to & from it - by helicopter I guess? If so, do you have to undergo that emergency evacuation test thing, where they dunk you fully clothed in a swimming pool inside a mock up of a helicopter? Think I'd brick it if I had to do that.

Did you know that Bristow, who seem to make their living ferrying workers to & from oil & gas rigs, have 90 helicopters? Must be the largest helicopter fleet in the world, aside from the US military I'd think.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44300 on: May 02, 2016, 10:32:25 AM »

^^^

Incidentally I think I know who the golf pro was who coached you at Kedleston, the one who impressed you by being able to hit the ball one-handed on either side.

Was it DJ Russell?

Not the most popular of pros. Ask Jimi next door.
He was always fine with me but I was a kid at the time. I used to play with his son Chris at Mickleover. He'd only just started and we used to play for the ball each time.
Made sense to me. I was better at the time than him and I used Molitors. He had a bag full of Titleist balatas 😊

Bloody hell Paul, "Moliter" golf balls, that brings back such memories, as does Mickleover Golf Course. I quite enjoyed Mickleover, as I tended to spray it around a bit, & at many of the Mickleover holes, I'd land on an adjacent fairway & could recover from there.

"Jimi" - as in Hendrik, aka Neil?

I sort of guessed DJ was not overly popular, some thought his head was a bit up his arse. But I was new to golf, he was a Pro & seemed to be able to work magic with a 7 iron or whatever, & I was in total awe of him.

John Kirkland had given me 6 x 1 hour lessons with him, but I ended up with a sort of lifetime free pass. Not that it done me any good, mind.

You still play at Horsley Lodge? When I was golfing, it had only just opened. Too tough for me, but then all courses were I suppose.

Big regret that I was not better at golf, & that I sort of had to give it up due to time constraints. I still hanker after playing again, too. Walking around in beautiful countryside, in good company, knocking a ball up & down, not much gets better than that.  I was just SO bad at it though.

With retirement presumably round the corner, maybe I'll give it another go. I'd like to take up fishing, too. Nice & solitary, no aggro, no internet, answerable to nobody. Think that'd be wonderful.

Good luck tonight, though I fancy Brighton might give you a pasting.

Here's a scene from Mickleover Golf Course, think this is the 6th hole. See that ditch? Been in that a good few times.....

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44301 on: May 02, 2016, 10:45:51 AM »

Here's the latest staking Team.

Nakor has converted 1% to £100 (others are free to convert %'s into fixed sums if they prefer), & he has paid. "teamonkey" added to list, £50.

Brad the Boss 5%

Nakor £100 PAID

KarmaDope 2%

horsey £100

RedSimon 1%

booder 1%

hhy 1%

Mohican 1%

sonour 2%

Redbull 1%

Big-D 5%

bobAlike 1%

engy 1%

Knottikay 1%

Uncle Conk 1%

Marky 1%

MrDickie 1%

Mr Russell 2%

Chompy 2%

Sue & Dave £150

Doobs 2%

Camel 2%

MereNovice 1%

Scotty77 1%

POWWWWWWW 2%

Bobby1  £100

Teamonkey £50

37% & £500 reserved as of now.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 11:44:05 AM by tikay » Logged

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #44302 on: May 02, 2016, 10:56:39 AM »

I might have been a bit optimistic with 2% tikay didn't check the likely figure

If it's OK can I revert to 100 fixed sum as well? If not no worries sticking with 2%

Thanks
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44303 on: May 02, 2016, 11:43:18 AM »

I might have been a bit optimistic with 2% tikay didn't check the likely figure

If it's OK can I revert to 100 fixed sum as well? If not no worries sticking with 2%

Thanks

Of course, John, no problem. I'll amend the previous list I posted this morning to reflect that now.

Anyone else who wishes to transfer to a fixed sum, it's no problem at all, just let me know.

I've just finalised the provisional playing schedule, & will post it up shortly, so everyone will know the likely numbers then.

EDIT - Stakers List amended accordingly.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #44304 on: May 02, 2016, 11:57:27 AM »

Thanks for that tikay

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/snooker/2016/04/30/john-virgo-embarrassed-and-apologetic-after-swearing-on-air-duri/

Maybe John Virgo wanted to watch the 2.45 at Thirsk as well? Wink
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44305 on: May 02, 2016, 12:02:48 PM »

Rather later than promised, but here's the provisional playing schedule, & cost.

If anyone wants to change their requested % to a fixed sum, &/or reduce their investment, that's fine, nobody needs to feel committed at this stage.

This IS provisional, there are always various changes as we go along. I won't be playing anything without making the stakers aware in advance, though. 

Venetian, Friday 3rd June, 5pm, $600 PLO

Venetian, Sunday 5th June, 5pm, $600 PLO8

PH, Wednesday 8th June, 2pm, $240, 6 handed Big O

Golden Nugget, Sunday 12th June, 11am, $240 PLO8

Binions, Monday 13th June, Noon, $240 PLO8

PH, Wednesday 15th June, 2pm, $240 7 handed Big O.

Golden Nugget, Thursday 16th June, 11am, $240 Big O

Venetian, Sunday 19th June, Noon, $600 6-Max PLO

Golden Nugget, Tuesday 21st June, 11am, $570 PLO

WSOP, Wednesday 22nd June, 11am, $1,500 PLO

Golden Nugget, Thursday 23rd June, 11am, $350, Big O

Golden Nugget, Friday 24th June, 11am, $240 mixed PLO, PLO8, & Big O

Venetian, Monday 27th June, 5pm, $1,100 PLO8

Venetian, Friday 1st July, 5pm, $1,100 PLO/O8/Big O

WSOP, Sunday 3rd July, 3pm, $1,500 PLO8

Venetian, Monday 4th July, 5pm, $600 Big O

WSOP, Thursday July 7th, 3pm, $3,000 PLO8

I make that $12,960. In sterling, at today's rates, that is £8,868. So 1% would be £88.68, & a fixed investment of £100 buys 1.bit%.

Mere will be along in due course with the Spready to tidy everything up.

As to exchange rates, I'll leave that one to Mere to sort, & his decision will be binding on both parties. I don't expect either party to win or lose on Exchange Rates.   

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44306 on: May 02, 2016, 12:10:03 PM »

Thanks for that tikay

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/snooker/2016/04/30/john-virgo-embarrassed-and-apologetic-after-swearing-on-air-duri/

Oh dear.

Don't want to sound mean, but maybe it's time for John to retire from TV work. Nothing worse than watching tired old has-beens appear on TV, I always think. My advice would be to retire gracefully before he is pushed. Anyone with an iota of sense would do that.

Steveswift

View Profile
« Reply #44307 on: May 02, 2016, 12:29:57 PM »

Rather later than promised, but here's the provisional playing schedule, & cost.

If anyone wants to change their requested % to a fixed sum, &/or reduce their investment, that's fine, nobody needs to feel committed at this stage.

This IS provisional, there are always various changes as we go along. I won't be playing anything without making the stakers aware in advance, though.  

Venetian, Friday 3rd June, 5pm, $600 PLO

Venetian, Sunday 5th June, 5pm, $600 PLO8

PH, Wednesday 8th June, 2pm, $240, 6 handed Big O

Golden Nugget, Sunday 12th June, 11am, $240 PLO8

Binions, Monday 13th June, Noon, $240 PLO8

PH, Wednesday 15th June, 2pm, $240 7 handed Big O.

Golden Nugget, Thursday 16th June, 11am, $240 Big O

Venetian, Sunday 19th June, Noon, $600 6-Max PLO

Golden Nugget, Tuesday 21st June, 11am, $570 PLO

WSOP, Wednesday 22nd June, 11am, $1,500 PLO

Golden Nugget, Thursday 23rd June, 11am, $350, Big O

Golden Nugget, Friday 24th June, 11am, $240 mixed PLO, PLO8, & Big O

Venetian, Monday 27th June, 5pm, $1,100 PLO8

Venetian, Friday 1st July, 5pm, $1,100 PLO/O8/Big O

WSOP, Sunday 3rd July, 3pm, $1,500 PLO8

Venetian, Monday 4th July, 5pm, $600 Big O

WSOP, Thursday July 7th, 3pm, $3,000 PLO8

I make that $12,960. In sterling, at today's rates, that is £8,868. So 1% would be £88.68, & a fixed investment of £100 buys 1.bit%.

Mere will be along in due course with the Spready to tidy everything up.

As to exchange rates, I'll leave that one to Mere to sort, & his decision will be binding on both parties. I don't expect either party to win or lose on Exchange Rates.    

1%  please  Tony, had deets but can no longer find them please send again.

Steve
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #44308 on: May 02, 2016, 01:01:06 PM »

Thanks for that tikay

Since John Virgo's lips hardly ever appear to move he should have blamed it on a ventriloquist.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44309 on: May 02, 2016, 01:11:04 PM »

As tikay said above, I'll be administering the staking donations as per last year.

I'll be using the same system as the last two years.
If you wish to reminisce, last year's adventure starts here: http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=25486.msg2041646#msg2041646

In essence, since the precise value of the package won't be known until the end of the trip (due to tikay being such a creature of whim) it is not possible to pay for a precise percentage in advance so I have decided on a notional value for the package ($13,000 based on tikay's schedule listed above) that we can use.

I'm going to use an exchange rate of 1.46 dollars to the pound. It was 1.51 last year and 1.68 the previous year, a sad reflection on the strength of sterling. Smiley
I will be converting winnings (in the unlikely event that any arise) back to sterling at the same rate at the end of the trip.

For those of you that have nominally staked 1%, I'm going to say that equates to £89.
However, you can contribute any (broadly similar) sterling amount that you like and I will convert it into the appropriate percentage of the final package.
I will ensure that tikay takes no liberties and that the final package is (at least) roughly as described above.
As tikay is only going to be selling around 50% of his "action" it leaves room to manoeuvre so this won't cause a problem, i.e. it won't be possible for tikay to sell 110% of his action and then (deliberately) lose every tournament he enters.

I hope that is all clear.
If not, please post on here or PM me for clarification.

The spreadsheet is here: http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY

Have fun and don't forget to claim your donations back against tax.  Smiley

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
Pages: 1 ... 2950 2951 2952 2953 [2954] 2955 2956 2957 2958 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: